Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tokugawa / Hattori Ninja Hero and Shinobi Hero v3.0.1 - Hotfix 19/06/2013

TWFonzarelli's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Hattori Ninja Hero {Released}

such a brilliant video, how do you get such beautiful angles?

Your previous video sold me on the blood pack BTW

gerrit1919's Avatar Civis

dude....

THIS IS SO AWSOME!!!!
    how to install shogun 2 mods?

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

The player comments are been so great, that I should try this mod after I have get back to home from China.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Thanks very much for the positive feedback all!

And again gratz on the Video Naxzul - I am still in awe of how great it is

Default Re: Hattori Ninja Hero

Hey man, epic mod, thought I'd learn to use the FPM so I could make my ninjas even more uber (and call them Hattori Shinigami Ninjas) and well they are uber (I gave them 40 morale and the ability to hide anywhere, everything else is the same) and I was wondering why an army will route after one batallion of these wicked muthas WALK towards them. I do nothing else, no fighting.

Any answers? Is it because of the high morale or having too much hiding ability?

Cheers!

- Labrat

Libertus

Is this Hero unit recruitable in single-player campaign? Also, is this recruitable by other fraction? Or is it just for Hattori clan? So far, I can find the unit in the custom battle, but I haven't seen this in campaign yet (currently playing tokugawa).

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Sorry guys, didn't realise the links were dead as my computer blew up a while back and I have only just got it back into a working state. throwing up a few new mirrors within the hour.

Edit:

New links are up! Check the First post.

Unfortunately I have had to remove the megaupload link (quite amusing explanation explained in main post), Filefront should still be working (however there is maintenance which has shut down its hosting capability temporarily). I have addedd a new mirror for 4sharing however which seems pretty solid and should remain up for the time being.

Embarrassingly - I didn't realise that I could upload the file to TWCenter and link it in my post! I thought that was some sort of special privilage for the hosted modifications section. there is now an attachment link in the main post so the file should remain available for as long as TWCenter allow it! Huzzahh!

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel37 View Post
    Is this Hero unit recruitable in single-player campaign? Also, is this recruitable by other fraction? Or is it just for Hattori clan? So far, I can find the unit in the custom battle, but I haven't seen this in campaign yet (currently playing tokugawa).

Unfortunately it is only a singleplayer unit, and is at this time only recruitable by the Hattori.

I'am going to make an all faction version, but I am time constrained at the moment.

If you use PFM you could quite easilly make it available for all factions - however I would ask that you don't distribute the file yourself, as I do have plans to do this myself - with bug fixes, some rebalancing if necessary, and also making the other faction's version a little less powerful (but no less useful!), than the Hattori offering.
    Last edited by Ishan; February 27, 2012 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Double Post

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Quick update:

Started work on an updated version currently named v1.5 -which is essentially an aesthetic upgrade for the other Hattori flavour units, and the ninja hero model.

See First post for details and screens.

To answer Labrats question (post #25):

Quote Originally Posted by labrat View Post
    Hey man, epic mod, thought I'd learn to use the FPM so I could make my ninjas even more uber (and call them Hattori Shinigami Ninjas) and well they are uber (I gave them 40 morale and the ability to hide anywhere, everything else is the same) and I was wondering why an army will route after one batallion of these wicked muthas WALK towards them. I do nothing else, no fighting.

Any answers? Is it because of the high morale or having too much hiding ability?

Cheers!

- Labrat
    If you have given your unit "scare enemies" with PFM, it is broken in the current version of PFM and makes all enemy units who come within range rout before they can reach melee! I had this problem when developing the Ninja Hero - which was a shame as I would have liked a passive scare radius around the ninja hero rather than a battlecry...

Is this what has happened?
    Last edited by scope2007; March 14, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

I love this mod and i use this and the portugese mod but i would have a nerd-gasm if there was a way to use throwing stars instead of bombs for them, tht would be amazing.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

There is some good news, and bad news regarding development of v1.5

Good news - The textures and models for the FotS kisho ninja are in S2 patch 15 - and requires no transferral of models etc which could breach copyright - the files are available to everyone as it is possible to fight against a FOTS multiplayer army - even if you don't own FotS. I don't yet own FotS and I have the models working in game on a the hero unit.

Bad news - The mod is only useable in the campaign - something in the packfile just doesnt agree with the latest patch - and for some reason I cant select the unit in a custom battle - only in the campaign...

Strangely no other mods are effected by this, even my Portuguese Matchlock merc mod, however that mod is not faction exclusive...

Other than this minor setback - I am getting close to releasing what I have achieved so far.
    Last edited by scope2007; March 22, 2012 at 08:05 PM.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Hattori Ninja Hero v1.5 Released- FotS boshin ninja model / Hattori visual improvement mini-mod included / minor campaign rebalancing.

version 1.5 released - download links in OP!

Changelog

V.1.5 – 24/03/2012

▪ Updated to be fully compatible with official FOTS patch for Shogun 2.

▪ Updated Ninja Hero officer model with higher resolution “Boshin Kisho Ninja Skins”, that were included with patch15.pack (NOTE: THIS IS NOT TRANSFERRED ILLEGALY FROM RESTRICTED FOTS FILES, THE TEXTURE AND SKIN IS AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE IN THE CORE GAME FILES).

▪ Hattori Clan Aesthetic improvement *NEW*– Minor visual changes to Hattori clan units – which offer no gameplay advantage but give an individual look (similar to the ikko-ikki's random monks masks amongst ashigaru). including:
    ▪ All Hattori Kisho Ninja are now led by campaign level 3 red mempo masked Ninja officer. Higher resolution texture to be implemented in later release
    ▪ All Ashigaru units are now led by a “Ninja Monomi” style officer instead of a Samurai officer (to better explain why these units have kisho training)
    ▪ Minor campaign rebalancing – Ninja Hero now requires “Legendary Mizu Shobai” district to recruit. Due to the increased cost in acquiring the Ninja Hero, base campaign cost has been reduced to 1400 koku (around 1200 after clan discounts etc), and upkeep reduced to 200 koku.

Default Re: Hattori Ninja Hero v1.5 Released- FotS boshin ninja model / Hattori visual improvement mini-mod included / minor campaign rebalancing.

Mizu shobai is a bit too much in my opinion. I would much prefer the criminal syndicate requirement instead

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Mizu shobai is a bit too much in my opinion. I would much prefer the criminal syndicate requirement instead
    I will admit it is a lot of work to get (especially in the short campaign), that is why I put it as criminal syndicate to start with... If the Mizu Shobai didn't require silk (which is a total to keep control of, and you will likely only have the required tech and funds after realm divide - which makes it unlikely to recieve by trade)

My reason behind this though, is that the unit is equally powerfull to the Katana Hero - and it just seemed a bit imbalanced. it is an easy edit in PFM to change it back to criminal syndicate however.

As I don't want to turn you off - I have made you a specific version which has all the 1.5 changes - but requires a criminal syndicate instead of Mizu Shobai.

Ninja Hero v1.5 (Criminal Syndicate Version): http://www.4shared.com/zip/4sEUA7uJ/file.html

Just remove 1.5 from your data folder and replace with this, it should work for a current game save.I am working on a v2.0 - which will have a Clan specific Ninja Hero for the Tokugawa (so those without the Hattori DLC can enjoy this too!). I will give the user the option of difficulty based on preference - as it is too hard to please everyone

Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: I reccomend trying the 'Radious Technology Mod' to fast tech up to Ninjutsu Mastery
    Last edited by scope2007; March 25, 2012 at 06:48 AM.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

While the last update was only a few days ago - I am still plugging away on the 2.0 update which will feature the tokugawa ninja hero!

Getting the Tokugawa Hero in game was extremely simple and took me about 20 minutes - however I do not wan't to be releasing a new version every 5 minutes - So I am taking my time and getting as much done as I can before the next release.

I am currently trying my hand at a bit of Reskinning! Thanks to L'aigle's retexturing tutorial over on the napoleon forums, I have managed to learn enough to grasp DDS editing.

My plan is to have each Faction's Ninja hero look a little more Unique to the clan - and also to replace the old mempo masked models which are placeholders for kisho ninja officers in 1.5 - to the new model and a new reskin.

I have managed to replace the new model's leather armor with a Red "Mogami-do" curaiss for the kisho ninja officer - to make it look more like old ninja officer model - but obviously much more high res. It looks really natural - as if it was a default part of the model - and it has covered the leather quite well - normal maps give a good illusion of depth so should look quite professional.

Tokugawa's Ninja officers will have thier own colour scheme to distinguish them by thier faction - However Ninja's wearing bright yellow armor is a bit far fetched to me - so I will be giving a black/grey mogami-do curaiss to the officer, with yellow laces (In oppose to the default red which Hattori will keep...)

the Ninja Hero will also look somewhat similar but with a metalic gold curaiss).

It is all quite simple to copy and paste from other unit's textures, but the thing slowing me down right now is creating gloss and normal maps.

Watch this space for images as I make more progress
    -Scope

Author of:

Ninja Hero Mod V3.0 (For Hattori, Tokugawa and FOTS Factions) *Released 08/06/2013* - Addition of new FOTS campaign Shinobi Hero unit, rebalancing and new unit randomisation.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Thought I would show off some of my texturing work of the new boshin ninja skin This is still WIP -
    Spoiler for New Model *Large Pics*

Spoiler for Old model comparison pic

Feedback - critical or otherwise would be welcome. Ignore the fact that colour scheme is on a Tokugawa unit however, it is meant for the Hattori version - I just can't decide if it is a bit too OTT however... too much red perhaps?

I think I may just make the Kisho Ninja officer's for both factions black - with faction coloured laces and mempo masks - The Hero units can be complex like the above..

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by scope2007; March 27, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
    -Scope

Author of:

Ninja Hero Mod V3.0 (For Hattori, Tokugawa and FOTS Factions) *Released 08/06/2013* - Addition of new FOTS campaign Shinobi Hero unit, rebalancing and new unit randomisation.

Personally, I Love how the leader stands out in battle when clad in red. Its comparable to the Katana Hero's golden leader.

Mind you, that video that Naxzul made the armor Iconic to me. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Thanks for your hard work!

EDIT : Scope, I have a strange bug I think it related to this Unit.
    I have a fresh Hattori campaign with this mod, DMS 3.45,and Radious' Tech and Exp mods.

Fighting The Tsutsui, i noticed that when the Hattori bow Ashigaru units fired, gunshots sound were heard. Tsutsui Bow Ashigaru sounded fine

It should be noted, I edited your Unit to contain 80 troops.
    Could this have caused this weird sound bug? What should I do? I've verified the game cache since discovering it, thats all.
    Last edited by TWFonzarelli; March 28, 2012 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Possible bug?

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by TWFonzarelli View Post
    Personally, I Love how the leader stands out in battle when clad in red. Its comparable to the Katana Hero's golden leader.

Mind you, that video that Naxzul made the armor Iconic to me. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Thanks for your hard work!

EDIT : Scope, I have a strange bug I think it related to this Unit.
    I have a fresh Hattori campaign with this mod, DMS 3.45,and Radious' Tech and Exp mods.

Fighting The Tsutsui, i noticed that when the Hattori bow Ashigaru units fired, gunshots sound were heard. Tsutsui Bow Ashigaru sounded fine

It should be noted, I edited your Unit to contain 80 troops.
    Could this have caused this weird sound bug? What should I do? I've verified the game cache since discovering it, thats all.
    Thanks for the feedback Fonz

I will look into this strange bug you mention - the Hattori visual upgrade is a very basic modification which only edit's the uniforms tables, it doesn't go anywhere near the unit stats tables - which is the only table I can think of which contains entries for weapons used by a unit and any sort of sound set's.

DMS is a very intricate mod, which edit's a lot of unit statistics so I am aware - it is possible something in there could have clashed.

I am currently running several Radious mods, and a couple of unit mods.

You say this only occured with Hattori Bow Ashigaru? Not the Ninja Hero or other units?
    -Scope

Author of:

Quote Originally Posted by scope2007 View Post
    I will admit it is a lot of work to get (especially in the short campaign), that is why I put it as criminal syndicate to start with... If the Mizu Shobai didn't require silk (which is a total to keep control of, and you will likely only have the required tech and funds after realm divide - which makes it unlikely to recieve by trade)

My reason behind this though, is that the unit is equally powerfull to the Katana Hero - and it just seemed a bit imbalanced. it is an easy edit in PFM to change it back to criminal syndicate however.

As I don't want to turn you off - I have made you a specific version which has all the 1.5 changes - but requires a criminal syndicate instead of Mizu Shobai.

Ninja Hero v1.5 (Criminal Syndicate Version): http://www.4shared.com/zip/4sEUA7uJ/file.html

Just remove 1.5 from your data folder and replace with this, it should work for a current game save.I am working on a v2.0 - which will have a Clan specific Ninja Hero for the Tokugawa (so those without the Hattori DLC can enjoy this too!). I will give the user the option of difficulty based on preference - as it is too hard to please everyone

Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: I reccomend trying the 'Radious Technology Mod' to fast tech up to Ninjutsu Mastery

Thanks, mate! Thats very considerate of you for uploading a specific file just for me. I *bow* to Thee. Reps to you also.

I wasn't sure what the nature of the conflict was untill now.

DMS 3.5 is out now, and in the changelog he mentions Bows sounding like guns(and it being fixed)

So Its not your fault, I just thought since Hattori bow units we're doing it, and minor clans were not that it was a result of your tweaks.

On a side note, when I was tinkering around with the Hero in PFM(which im completely novice) I noticed a lot of the headers or categories along the top read unknown. Is there some kind of additional download or file I have to open in order to know what the unknown categories are?

Sorry, I feel like I worried you unnecessarily. I do truly love what your doing here, though, and want nothing more for this unit to be the best it can be.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by TWFonzarelli View Post
    I wasn't sure what the nature of the conflict was untill now.

DMS 3.5 is out now, and in the changelog he mentions Bows sounding like guns(and it being fixed)

So Its not your fault, I just thought since Hattori bow units we're doing it, and minor clans were not that it was a result of your tweaks.

On a side note, when I was tinkering around with the Hero in PFM(which im completely novice) I noticed a lot of the headers or categories along the top read unknown. Is there some kind of additional download or file I have to open in order to know what the unknown categories are?

Sorry, I feel like I worried you unnecessarily. I do truly love what your doing here, though, and want nothing more for this unit to be the best it can be.
    Its not a problem

As for PFM it is normal for some headers to be "unknown", as we just don't know what they do yet. (especially as CA seem to change thier databases about as they add new features).

As Daniu figures out what each header does, he updates the PFM database files - you can automatically update this by clicking the "DB descriptions" tab in PFM - click search for update first - let it run its course.

Then try the "update DB files" from the same menu - there is a manual way of doing this detailed in the PFM 2.0.3 thread on the mod tools forum.
    -Scope

Author of:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast