Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How the castles gonne handle?

Default How the castles gonne handle?

I got a simple question. All those castles across the map looks awsome, and its a nice idea. But it lowers the game speed. Its hard to move up cause there are SOOO many castles. How this is gonne work??

Libertus

Default Re: How the castles gonne handle?

I dont wnat to sound rude and I am not a part of the DotS, but please look a bit closer in the forum. The question of yours has put out and answered many, many times. I dont know how to do a link to a thread where you could get your answer, so i will put it this way:
    Just trust these guys and what they do.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Digly, it's to make it harder to take a region, in vanilla you could just walk to the capital, here there are a whole lot of settlements inbetween you and the region capital. Didn't you listen? In the vid the guy explains it

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

hopefullwe get a lot more turns then

maybe more realistic victory conditions

Digly, it's to make it harder to take a region, in vanilla you could just walk to the capital, here there are a whole lot of settlements inbetween you and the region capital. Didn't you listen? In the vid the guy explains it
    that video was to long. they need to keeps us intresting. and beside that i watched it at school so i cant put sound on,.

lordoftheT's Avatar Senator

I think slowing down the game was the whole idea. The speed with which you could gobble up territory was ridiculous when you consider how slow how grinding medieval wars actually were and there is also the fact that the overwhelming majority of battles in the era were sieges.

That said it looks like taking a castle will be a nice reward in and of itself since they apparently each have their own income and ancillaries.

They need to keep us interested? I have been waiting for this mod for over 3 years and I am still interested after everything I have seen and read, it's going to be the best mod ever made in the Total War series, atleast in my own taste and opinion.

But yes, there are multiple reasons why these small castles/forts whatever are around, not only is it historically accurate that there were places like this where small armies were stationed and were able to strike out from at attackers, but it will help make the game more challenging and taking over one piece of land will no longer be so easy and trivial.

I'm actually waiting since today^^ (don't think I'm helping the diehard fans with this note)

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post
    that video was to long. they need to keeps us intresting. and beside that i watched it at school so i cant put sound on,.
    Troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Mads View Post
    Troll?
    no, I have that too and I think more people, if I see a long vid I will skip it faster than with short vids, I also don't read long posts, I normally completely ignore them.
    Also, computers on most Dutch schools don't enable sound (headphone or no sound at all) so it will be hard for Digly to listen to it

Sigh, if you dont have the patience to watch a 15 minute long video that (very shortly) describes an overview of a DoTS campaign then I very much doubt you would enjoy this mod...
    Looking forward to Dominion of the Sword
    PSN ID: mynameisowen; add me if you play GT5 or Battlefield.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

I got a simple question. All those castles across the map looks awsome, and its a nice idea. But it lowers the game speed. Its hard to move up cause there are SOOO many castles. How this is gonne work??
    You can read all about how it will work in game, here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=469217

They won't all be castles but towns, villages etc -most of them will be fought as field battles not as sieges. The whole point is to actually slow down the expansion of the factions across the map to more historical levels. It will not reduce turn times or game playing speed. Just the speed of your strategy, it will not be boring though since the traits, scripts, tech tree and a load of other stuff is going to make life as a faction very interesting even in peacetime.

Thank Hross. I already found that out, but my point was can you just say ''i dont mind you castle'' and move on or do you have to take it?

Thank Hross. I already found that out, but my point was can you just say ''i dont mind you castle'' and move on or do you have to take it?
    You can go around most places which will take everytime 3 turns to move through the zone of control. Incidentally 3 turns are the time it takes to take the PSF. So it's your choice really but either way it will achieve its goal. In some rare cases you might need to take the PSF to move onward and in other rare cases you might be able to slip by in just 2 turns I think.
    Last edited by Resurrection; December 08, 2011 at 01:26 AM.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Jimmy-j's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    no, I have that too and I think more people, if I see a long vid I will skip it faster than with short vids, I also don't read long posts, I normally completely ignore them.
    Also, computers on most Dutch schools don't enable sound (headphone or no sound at all) so it will be hard for Digly to listen to it
    Long live the Dutch schools I'm going to
    I do have sound, but preferably I use my laptop

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    true.. I diddnt had headphones but they wont work here anyway..

thanks for the info. can locked now.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

The whole forts (as settlements/castles), is very nice idea. Seems like a lot of forts though? since M2TW does not take advantage of multi-core CPUs; an no doubt all the other scripts you've probably added to "keep things interesting", will the turn times now be annoyingly long?

edit: What I mean is AI turn times.
    Last edited by Stario; December 11, 2011 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdolphbinStalin View Post
    The whole forts (as settlements/castles), is very nice idea. Seems like a lot of forts though? since M2TW does not take advantage of multi-core CPUs; an no doubt all the other scripts you've probably added to "keep things interesting", will the turn times now be annoyingly long?

edit: What I mean is AI turn times.
    This has been brought up a few times and the only real answer we've been given from testers/developers is that it works fine =P Although there are a fair few scripts, they aren't as numerous or as poorly implemented (?) as other mods so it appears to work well.
    Looking forward to Dominion of the Sword
    PSN ID: mynameisowen; add me if you play GT5 or Battlefield.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I still hope there is a capitulation factor -- no matter how noble and realistic these PSF's per square inch are, there were just as many betrayals, mixed alliances, switching-sides-for-titles-and-lands, and plain old immediate surrenders, as battles.

I've not seen the answers to the questions thread yet -- where did that go/what became of it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast