Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [ExUIM] Extended Unit Info Mod - "More unit stats, better decisions" [Note: All versions available again!]

Primicerius

Default Re: Extended Unit Info Mod - "Optimize your tactical and strategical decisions in EB 1.2!"

A great sub-mod (repped you already). Just wondered, did you extract all the stats (from the unit description file) by hand or wrote a script to do that?

Default Re: Extended Unit Info Mod - "Optimize your tactical and strategical decisions in EB 1.2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists View Post
    A great sub-mod (repped you already). Just wondered, did you extract all the stats (from the unit description file) by hand or wrote a script to do that?
    I did it all by hand. And it was quite some work.

@ Slaists: I've simply not got enough skill to create an algorithm that operates the stanard EB1.2-EDU into my ExUIM.

PS: Thanks for your reply! Appreciated!

PPS: Sorry for responding so late!
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; December 27, 2012 at 02:18 PM.

Primicerius

Thanks for the reply. In January, I'll try to write something in Perl; shouldn't be that hard to extract the necessary fields by an algorithm. Simply, I want to extract the same stats for RTR VII; but I don't want to do it by hand, LOL.

Thank you, it's very useful.

First off... over 6600 downloads?! Whoa! ... Or is this thread a victim of some kind of hack or bot-attack? Seems quite a lot.

I've fixed the missing images for the "ExUIM-standard" and "ExUIM-EUonly" sections. I'm not sure they were really missing, but at least my browser didn't display them. PS: Also there seems to be an issue with the fieldset2-boxes, which aren't displayed anymore. So the individual sections of the OP - which earlier were all in seperate, neat boxes - are now simply paragraphs. Or is it only me? The TWC did some changes to the forum, so I'm not sure...

But now the actuall news - this mod is now open source:

To all modders and sub-modders: this mod is now "Open Source" !

March 9, 2013: I hereby declare and make this submod "open source". So from now on any modder or mod team (for any game or any mod - be it Total War or Europa Barbarorum, or any other kind of game and mod) may use this mod as they see fit - partially, moddified or fully. The only conditions are:

[A] this mod isn't used for making a profit/money
    [B] to post/state in this thread that you (= the modder or mod team) are using and/or implementing this mod
    [C] to give me credits in your mod and provide a link to this thread

PS: Be aware that most of the content of this mod is the work of the
    Europa Barbarorum mod team and The Creative Assembly. That said, any of my work/modding may be used unfettered. This mod only contains one respectively three moddified txt-files.

- Casual Tactician, March 9 2013

Just to be clear = Anyone may use this mod for any other game - be it a Total War game or a eg. a racing game such as GTR2. And anyone may use this mod for any other mod - be it Europa Barbarorum or eg. a mod for Civilization 5.
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; March 09, 2013 at 09:04 PM.

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Extended Unit Info Mod - "Optimize your tactical and strategical decisions in EB 1.2!" [open source mod]

I, the great and mighty Jirisys am using the Extended Unit Info Mod Standard 1.1 in my Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack.

It's funny how I sent you a PM asking for permission a few days ago, and then you make me do this as well.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

Default Re: Extended Unit Info Mod - "Optimize your tactical and strategical decisions in EB 1.2!" [open source mod]

Thanks for this mod, dude!

I couldn't go without it anymore.

jirisys's Avatar Senator

The actual EB names in the EDU are extremely helpful, I must say. I bet that was a pain to do.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; April 12, 2013 at 06:36 AM.
    Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Tarabonius View Post
    Thanks for this mod, dude!

I couldn't go without it anymore.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    I, the great and mighty Jirisys am using the Extended Unit Info Mod Standard 1.1 in my Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack.

It's funny how I sent you a PM asking for permission a few days ago, and then you make me do this as well.

~Jirisys ()
    The great and mighty Jirisys may always use my mod as he sees fit!

The actual EB names in the EDU are extremely helpful, I must say. I bet that was a pain to do.

~Jirisys ()
    Having the correct in-game unit names for all 461 units in the EDU is perhaps the best feature for any EB-modder somehow meddling with EB's unit stats. And I myself couldn't go without anymore.

And yes, it was a hell of a lot of work... but to be fair, I did it a bit at a time for a few months. Actually this ExUIM wasn't designed as a public mod, but simply for my own use. But as it grew and became more sophisticated, I was eager to make it a real mod, so that others could enjoy it as well... as some kind of payback for the EB-team - and also folks like you, Jirisys - who give me the possibility to play such a great game that EB is.

EDIT: How does it come the mod has over 6600 downloads, but hardly anyone posts here... I must say that's a little bit weird.
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; April 15, 2013 at 05:39 PM.

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    Having the correct in-game unit names for all 461 units in the EDU is perhaps the best feature for any EB-modder somehow meddling with EB's unit stats. And I myself couldn't go without anymore.

And yes, it was a hell of a lot of work... but to be fair, I did it a bit at a time for a few months. Actually this ExUIM wasn't designed as a public mod, but simply for my own use. But as it grew and became more sophisticated, I was eager to make it a real mod, so that others could enjoy it as well... as some kind of payback for the EB-team - and also folks like you, Jirisys - who give me the possibility to play such a great game that EB is.

EDIT: How does it come the mod has over 6600 downloads, but hardly anyone posts here... I must say that's a little bit weird.
    I noticed you didn't do the same for the MP edu, though I made a version that do have the unit names and such, in case you want to add it to your pack.

Database error with the TWC upgrade possibly, I'm not sure.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I am not one of the 6000, but I will be later. I we comment then.

I noticed you didn't do the same for the MP edu, though I made a version that do have the unit names and such, in case you want to add it to your pack.

Database error with the TWC upgrade possibly, I'm not sure.

~Jirisys ()
    Nice. Could you please post that mp-EDU in a new post here as attachment. With infos what the base file was (eg: the original vanilla EB1.2-MP-EDU or my ExUIM standard v1.1 MP-EDU) what you've done with it and/or what I should look out for.

I'll have a look at it and perhaps add it as seperatly downloadable attachement, - named "Jirisys MP-EDU for ExUIM-standard v1.1 - with internal names for all units" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiskhylos View Post
    I am not one of the 6000, but I will be later. I we comment then.
    I'm sure you'll love this submod. It subtracts nothing, but adds a hell of a lot!

jirisys's Avatar Senator

I just took the SP version of your ExUIM Standard EDU and changed the ownerships to match those of the vanilla EB Multiplayer EDU.

~Jirisys ()
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Signature

I just took the SP version of your ExUIM Standard EDU and changed the ownerships to match those of the vanilla EB Multiplayer EDU.

~Jirisys ()
    Thanks a lot!

I've added it to the attchments and highlighted in the thread opening, the ExUIM-standard description and the Changelog.

This will be a nice treat for all who often use the ExUIM-standard v1.1 MP EDU!

@Casual Tactician, I just wanted to tell you I plan on making a ExUI for Roma Surrectum 2.6, I think it is something a lot of people will want, but more importantly it's something I want. And thanks for making this opensource, I'll be sure to send you a link when I'm finished.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Default Re: Extended Unit Info Mod: "Optimize your tactical and strategical decisions in EB 1.2!" [open-source-mod]

Good luck with the project!

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Extended Unit Info Mod: "Optimize your tactical and strategical decisions in EB 1.2!" [open-source-mod]

Casual tactician is there any numbers for how much certain units reduce and inspire moral, say for elephants, artillery, druids etc.?
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Biarchus

I hate to be a noob but I can't get this working.
    My EB is still the same as it ever was, I don't notice any difference with the unit cards.
    No CTD or anything bad. It's just the same as it ever was. Though I haven't started a new campaign, still playing my old one but I thought it was save game compatible?...
    I followed these instructions and double checked it...

Installation:
    Make sure to backup the original file before installation!
    - Download the attached file "ExUIM-EUonly v1.1.zip".
    - Place the extracted file in your "Rome - Total War\EB\Data\text" folder, after removing the prefix (ie. the []-square brackets and their contents).
    Done, and ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by yuezhi View Post
    Casual tactician is there any numbers for how much certain units reduce and inspire moral, say for elephants, artillery, druids etc.?
    All I know about are the abilites (such as "Frighten nearby enemy" for elephants), but exactly how much they reduce moral, I don't know. At least in battles one gets some feedback that an unit is affected by these abilites (I mean the tooltip messages as "Inspired by nearby general"...).

Quote Originally Posted by mattgregg87 View Post
    I hate to be a noob but I can't get this working.
    My EB is still the same as it ever was, I don't notice any difference with the unit cards.
    No CTD or anything bad. It's just the same as it ever was. Though I haven't started a new campaign, still playing my old one but I thought it was save game compatible?...
    I followed these instructions and double checked it...

Installation:
    Make sure to backup the original file before installation!
    - Download the attached file "ExUIM-EUonly v1.1.zip".
    - Place the extracted file in your "Rome - Total War\EB\Data\text" folder, after removing the prefix (ie. the []-square brackets and their contents).
    Done, and ready to go!
    After downloading and extracting the file you should have this file:
    [ExUIM-EUonly v1.1]export_units.txt
    Simply remove the brackets and their contents - so now you have this file:
    export_units.txt
    Then cut-and-paste it into your "...\EB\Data\text"-folder - don't forget to backup the original export_units.txt first!

If you do that, you should find the extended unit infos at the very top of the "Description" section of all the unit info cards. Be it an ongoing or new campaign.

To make sure you installed it correctly, open the export_units.txt in your "...\EB\Data\text"-folder. The first two lines should read as follows:
    ¬ EXTENDED UNIT INFO MOD - EUonly v1.1 (by Casual Tactician)
    ¬ file: [ExUIM-EUonly v1.1]export_units.txt

Biarchus

Thanks Casual Tactician.

I did everything correctly the first time except the location. I put it in Data\Text not EB\Data Text.
    Works perfectly now. However I do wonder what effect my previous attempt did. That was several weeks ago now and everything has functioned fine.
    Do you know what would happen by putting that in the wrong folder?

Cheers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast