Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: [Discussion]CONQUEST 1453(FETİH 1453)

Default Re: [Discussion]CONQUEST 1453(FETİH 1453)

I really donīt have time to review every post at the moment, until then: thread closed.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Thread reopened, but stay on topic, please. This is not alternative history thread.

Under the patronage of m_1512

I'm wondering why nobody has posted a link to a review of the movie yet or has written about it here.

One of the most important German newspapers, Die Sueddeutsche, featured Fetih 1453 today in a rather big article on the movie and the discourse on 1453 in Turkey. Jaw-dropping historical flaws are just shortly mentioned before the author depicts the reception of the movie. Nation-religious papers and historians seem to praise it, while the big newspapers like Radikal mention being annoyed of the pathos, but are proud of the dimensions of the production that can be compared to Troja.

The article then recounts the plot of the movie - that sounds pretty unspectacular, but its nice to read the question wether the pictured decadence of the Roman Emperor is a pun to the life of the Ottoman sultans. Afterwards the author writes on neo-Ottomanism within the cultural sphere as a intellectual movement against early Kemalism and laicism. Sometimes he refers to an earlier film adaption of 1453 from 1951 and the differences in reflecting the past. The new movie, the final line says, makes the Ottomans much more Islamic as the one from 1951.

Ah, the article is also online here and its possible to translate it with Google.

Gentlemen, stay on topic, please.

I've had to delete few more posts.

There, some other forum users have demanded answer from me, but I couldn't reply to them. Their off-topic is appropriate, mine is not.

So you are leaving me stranded, wudang_clown. Deleting my replies which were to some forum users is a bad idea than to fix the rudder on topic.

In the end you are leaving me in lurch and I am resented to you. But it seems it is still unimportant, for you. Perhaps I seem to be a green user, easily disposable... Am I right? It is unimportant, who feels resented, who feels is it fair or not...
    What a pity...
    Last edited by Farwest; February 27, 2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Spelling

I've deleted over 20 off-topic posts, most of which were produced by you and Tureuki arguing with each other. I've also deleted two posts by white wolf. So, no, I haven't deleted your replies only - I've deleted all replies that I found unacceptably off-topic.

However, I've left two of your initial highly off-topic posts, although, obviously, they are highly off-topic. Also, I'd like to remind you that your own posts are not free from ad personam remarks. Finally, nobody here called you names.

This is my last request: stay on topic. If you have any complaints about how moderating is performed here, you can PM me or any other moderator of this subforum, including TWC staff, obviously (you can find a list of moderators in the lower right corner of BC subforum).

One more off-topic post and this thread will be just closed.

That is cool I didn't know anything about this movie but I know about the siege of Constantinople so I would like to see this film but it'll have to have english subtitles if it's in Turkish.

I am sure you would find it at net soon.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

btw, is there any chance of the movie goin to IMAX?? or is Turkey exclusive??

The movie is shown in different countries with subtitles, but seemingly only in a handful of cinemas.

Here the imdb link of it. You can find where it is shown. Click to "get showtimes" .
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

I'm really glad that Turkey have made this film it's about time films outside of Hollywood are getting made, although Hollywood have made some great films over the years it's good to have some movies made from outside their perspective because without getting into race and bias we all know who runs Hollywood.

It's like that film Mongol made by that Russian guy, that was a great film and it didn't do the usual Hollywood stance of only portraying Mongols as brainless cruel hordes like they are in other films, Persians could definitely use a movie make over as well (300 for example).

I think Broken Crescent is a great example that there is a whole wide world to explore out there.

Next film I think should be Khalid Ibn Whaleed, he could have a movie.

I have heard the Conquest 1453 could be re-made by Hollywood, Universal Studios were looking to buy the film's rights in the news.

A movie about Khaled ibn Whaleed also would be very good. I am looking for Baibars, Saltukh Bughra and Alp Arslan to be made as movies, one day.

Mongol was ridicolous, it actually made me feel sorry for ghenghis khan... that just isn't right

Everyone was knocking up his wife apart from him, no wonder he was such a bastard

Farwest they do not want to touch such sensitive subject matter, no-one wants to see muslims kicking ass and jihading people. At least in the west... especially with all the peak oil neo-colonialism
    Last edited by nein; February 28, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nein View Post
    Mongol was ridicolous, it actually made me feel sorry for ghenghis khan... that just isn't right

Everyone was knocking up his wife apart from him, no wonder he was such a bastard

Farwest they do not want to touch such sensitive subject matter, no-one wants to see muslims kicking ass and jihading people. At least in the west... especially with all the peak oil neo-colonialism

But it's ok to see Anglo Europeans being hero's and and kicking ass, do we not see enough of that on the news already?

Anyway that's what I'm saying sod Hollywood countries should make their own movies, Baybars would be awesome but he is like the Anti Christ to the West he beat the Crusaders and expelled the Mongols so I doubt Hollywood would be mentioning his name anytime soon.

I thought Mongol was awesome, it showed what he went through which is what made him so tough.

Anyway I'm interested in all the heroic or barbaric tales whichever way you want to look at it of all cultures, so the more the better, Viking, Saxon, Rashidun, Persian, Steppe peoples .... bring em on.

Quote Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
    I have heard the Conquest 1453 could be re-made by Hollywood.

LOL yeah but in that version Constantinople would of probably not been taken by the Turks like some sort of alternate ending or something.

I have a question for those who see it. Do the Greeks actually speak Byzantine Greek and the Turks speak Ottoman Turk?
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Everybody speaks modern Turkish

I just hope that movie will open the way to better movies.

kind of like the three musketeers, everyone speaks english and most have an english accent... or american