Thread: A few ideas for Carthage

loukas's Avatar Tiro

Default A few ideas for Carthage

I would like to propose a few changes for Carthage for the team to take under consideration.

I) Portrait pics from worlds collide submod
    II) 5 units that sould be reskinned:

1) The Carthaginian Marines should look like the Epibatai (Seleucid Marines from NightEyes seleucid unit expansion submod) - use the same model just change the shield layout
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/E...cidMarines.jpg

2) The sacred Band of Baal – they should have white shields and a white “ponytail” on the helmet. They should look something like this from RTR:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...andyw2wu3.jpg/

3) Sacred band of Astarte should look like this: it would be great if they lookd like the model from Rise of the nations cause the armor and helmet look great:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/sacredcav1.png/

4) Numidian cavalry could also look like the model of numidian noble cavalry from Rise of Nations:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...blecav01a.png/

5)Liby-phoenician cavalry could look like the carthaginian elite cavalry model showed on EB2 Preview of Carthage:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...itecavalr.jpg/

"I fear nothing, I hope for nothing, I am free!"

Default Re: A few ideas for Carthage

Like!

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Each mod team has their own ideas on what is realistic or not.

Clearly you want some RTR based units in RSII - the way to do this is to mod them in yourself.

If you are only going to make this change for yourself you don't need to get the permission of the original modders. However, if you are going to release your mod then you need to get the permission to do so from the modders involved.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Each mod team has their own ideas on what is realistic or not.

Clearly you want some RTR based units in RSII - the way to do this is to mod them in yourself.

If you are only going to make this change for yourself you don't need to get the permission of the original modders. However, if you are going to release your mod then you need to get the permission to do so from the modders involved.
    lol chill out man...

'' I would like to propose a few changes for Carthage for the team to take under consideration.''

L2r.

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

I entirely agree with Brusilov and we'll not change any units.
    Sorry guys!

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Elephants View Post
    lol chill out man...

'' I would like to propose a few changes for Carthage for the team to take under consideration.''

L2r.
    My response was not ignoring what the OP posted nor was it aggressive. I gave the reasons why the mod team would not take these suggestions on. This has been supported by Pacco who was one of the skinners for RSII.

Therefore, there is no need for me to 'learn to read'. Your post is bordering on insulting.

Also, please think twice about your posts before you press the 'submit reply' button as some of your recent posts have been deleted by another moderator as being insults. I'd take that as a warning.
    Last edited by Brusilov; December 05, 2011 at 04:31 AM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

ElementUK's Avatar Miles

Can the Mod makers at leat look into reasons why Carthage can't recruit anyone via the usual Mercenary method/building's. Something's wrong there. ALso Carthage does not have any units that compare to the Romans when their uber units come into play. Can't the Sacred Band be made with the Phalanx ability to toughen them up?
    Last edited by ElementUK; December 11, 2011 at 06:39 AM.
    "Nuke the Site from orbit - Only way to be sure"!