Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27526768697071727374757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1650

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Awesome! Great to see you back!

Default Re: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

You could actually post the unit you have already made and call it a Cardolan unit, as the star on the shield looks more 'northern' as opposed to Gondorian.

does this work with tatw 3.1

does this work with tatw 3.1
    This is just a modders resource, its not a standalone mod, so if you dont know how to add these units to your game, you dont have much to look for here. On the bright side, it is compatible with anything and everything . BTW: Rangers and Master Rangers do not have animated bowstrings as I was unable to get them working for these 2 for some reason and I do not plan to touch any units outside of Gondor.

As for the plans: finish this unit, make an upgrade, then I will remake Lamedon units (Nobles will require complete remake). Then we will see, I kind want to see a "Gondor vs Mordor" type of mod with Rohan, Isengard, Harad and Ruhn playing supporting roles.

So, any help with the Coat of Arms for Pinnath Gelin?
    Last edited by Taro_M; October 30, 2014 at 12:54 PM.

thanks for the help i am just a beginner in modding could you help in editing battlrnodelmodeldb. file i have copied the gondor archer battle_models.modeldb to original file but it says medieval 2 total war encountered a unspecified error

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    This is just a modders resource, its not a standalone mod, so if you dont know how to add these units to your game, you dont have much to look for here. On the bright side, it is compatible with anything and everything . BTW: Rangers and Master Rangers do not have animated bowstrings as I was unable to get them working for these 2 for some reason and I do not plan to touch any units outside of Gondor.
    Have you tried this new tool? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-On-18-04-2014
    Where the other tools failed in converting, this might have a better chance?
    So, any help with the Coat of Arms for Pinnath Gelin?
    I'm trying to figure out some sort of symbol for you, I'll post it when I have something to show.

Hi guys!!
    This is one of the first times I am doing this kind of a mission.....quest......thing
    @Taro..Is this even close to what you want
    [IMG][/IMG]

Unfortunately that tree is already used by:

*Guards of the White Tower
    *Osgiliath Veterans (clean)
    *Minas Ithil Guard

So it is kinda overused as of now.

badass7's Avatar Libertus

Just popped by to say your Gondor units are the best looking units for any Total War mod I have seen. I really dig the consistency of their weapons and armour, and just the general look from the levy swordsmen, to the blackroot archers, to the full plated winged swordsman are fantastic. I got MOS primarily because your units are used! I am happy to see you back on the modding scene and making new units, and look forward to using them in the future. Keep up the great work!

This one??

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by JJJaikishan; October 31, 2014 at 07:12 AM.

I think that hills should appear under the tree so that the coat of arms was more correct. (Pinnath Gelin means Green Hills)

Quote Originally Posted by Drorin View Post
    I think that hills should appear under the tree so that the coat of arms was more correct. (Pinnath Gelin means Green Hills)

Tooh what you said under consideration and added these greenish hills in the background

JJJaikishan , the first one looks great! Could you post a version without bloom? As for the hills in second version: Im not exactly sure what to think about this. Remember that this is a coat of arms that is painted on shields, carved into leather and sewn into cloth, it has to look like something that can be rather easily replicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    JJJaikishan , the first one looks great! Could you post a version without bloom? As for the hills in second version: Im not exactly sure what to think about this. Remember that this is a coat of arms that is painted on shields, carved into leather and sewn into cloth, it has to look like something that can be rather easily replicable.

I am glad that you like it
    Here is a non bloom version that you requested

For Pinnath Gelin symbol here is something I put together:

If you'd like to have it without the background, let me know.
    Last edited by Araval; November 02, 2014 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks for the help guys. I think Ive got it now. By combining your ideas, here is what I came up with:

I must say that Im pleased with the result. The coat of arms goes along very well with the green leather and the overall shield shape. For me, it looks just so right.
    Last edited by Taro_M; October 31, 2014 at 02:19 PM.

Looks good!

+1

so good

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Holy gosh! Great to see you back, Taro_M! Im just sad I couldnt help you in that animation issue since it was beyound my skills. Nice unit in the preview!