Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2247626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1650

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.8.1] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

He looks cool! Maybe you could add his bow to his back. I just noticed the edited post with the other units with cloaks now. They look very good!

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.8.1] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Ooops, I forgot to set the bow to appear every time. Its there though.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2013-02-27 01-09-50-80.jpg  
    Last edited by Taro_M; February 26, 2013 at 06:13 PM.

Tar-Elendil's Avatar Miles

That's a great looking Faramir! David Wenham would be proud.

I have good and bad news:

The bad news is that it impossible to add animated bowstrings to rangers. It is caused by some random error of GOAT as it just cant handle the awesomeness of my rangers (that or a big file size ). If you think you can help then check out this topic: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ile-using-GOAT

The good news is that all other archer models now have animated bowstrings.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

excellent and always start with the good news everyone knows that...

So, next patch is close. Great news indeed!

Mate, your work is phenomenal. Outstandingly awesome. I love how you have captured the look of the Gondorian breastplate, its shape is spot-on, makes them look more like tall, formidable warriors rather than having torsos of shapeless mass like in Vanilla xD

Now all I have to do is try out those legendary Wardens of the White Tower for myself and my life will be complete

Thanks for the fantastic work!

P.S Are you thinking of ever giving the Knights of Dol Amroth a closed off helm over their face again? The current look is my only beef with your models. Well, that and more masks on the Rangers of Ithilien than less would be awesome.

No closed helmets. The rule of middle-earth armors is that hidden face = evil. Mask are acceptable, but are a symbol of silence or sneakiness. Also "again"? They never had closed helmet.

Masks for rangers are random.

BTW: The gondorian armor model has been created by Turambar, he gets all the credit for modeling that masterpiece.

Looking forward to the new relase

Again, because in Vanilla the face-area of their helms were very similar to the Corinthian style of ancient Greece, with a very small sliver of the front open.

And fair enough, I guess that makes sense for them not to have it then. But masks on the Wardens would be awesome. They are among the same class as the Fountain Guard so it is likely that they would have the same oath of silence going.

And the masks may be random, but it sure would be cool to have em all with the masks.

Other than that, awesome work, once again. I especially love the Wardens, they look beautiful. I'm attempting to put them into my MOS mod right now, with the fantastic help of Arachir Galudirithon. But it's difficult stuff for someone who has only just started university Computer Science...

Taro, I have a few questions, if you would be so kind as to indulge me.

The Osgiliath Veterans, how would I go about erring a few mishaps with them. I am having issues with them in these regards:

• They draw arrows from their back, when their quiver is on their waist.
    • Their bow strings are not animated (I know you have been working on this so is irrelevant)
    • While pulling their nocked bows up to their sights the bow flicks in their grip at a certain point. Sorry, best way I can describe it.
    • When told to charge in melee they will stop dead in front of an enemy, draw their swords and shields, and then resume the rest of the charge (which is nonexistent as the enemy is already on top of them)

Also, not exclusive to the Osgiliath Veterans, every unit that I add has no speech response to being clicked on, while they do have a speech response to being given a command, the response voice dependent on their EDU entry. How would this be remedied?

If these issues have been covered already, my apologies. Otherwise some help with this would be great.

Thanks, mate, very much appreciated.

They draw arrows from their back, when their quiver is on their waist.
    Animation is completely separate from unit. I think this is how it will stay as all units with animated bowstrings have same animation

While pulling their nocked bows up to their sights the bow flicks in their grip at a certain point. Sorry, best way I can describe it.
    No idea what do you mean, but since they have been edited to work with animated bowstrings then this may be already fixed.

When told to charge in melee they will stop dead in front of an enemy, draw their swords and shields, and then resume the rest of the charge (which is nonexistent as the enemy is already on top of them)
    That's a vanilla MTW2 problem, cant do anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    Animation is completely separate from unit. I think this is how it will stay as all units with animated bowstrings have same animation
    Well, the Gondorian Archers draw their arrows from their waist, is it not possible to use the animation they use with the Osgiliath Veterans? o.O

No idea what do you mean, but since they have been edited to work with animated bowstrings then this may be already fixed.
    When they have nocked their arrows on their bows and are drawing the bow string, lifting the bow to aim down it, it rotates forward in a flicking motion in their grip by about 45 degrees. Perhaps I can get a screencap or something of it but I doubt it would concern you anyways, as you have said you have probably already fixed it.

That's a vanilla MTW2 problem, cant do anything about that.
    Found a crude way to work around it. Increased their charge distance, so now they still stop and change to their swords, but it happens earlier so they have a tolerable distance to charge at the enemy after that.

Blackroot Archers

Blackroot Archers ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             Blackroot Archers
    dictionary       Blackroot_Archers      ; Blackroot Archers
    category         infantry
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_missile
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_blackroot_archers, 60, 0, 1
    officer	         gondor_banner_carrier
    officer	         gondor_officer 
    mount_effect     elephant +3
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, extreme_range, hardy, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    formation        1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         8, 2, arrow, 190, 35, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         9, 5, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  3, 4, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        4
    stat_ground      0, -1, -1, -2
    stat_mental      11, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        2, 570, 210, 75, 75, 500, 3, 150
    armour_ug_levels 2, 3
    armour_ug_models gondor_blackroot_archers, gondor_blackroot_archers_ug1
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    recruit_priority_offset    10
    Description:
    NO CHANGE

Lebennin Guardsmen

Lebennin Guardsmen ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor lebennin guardsmen
    dictionary       gondor_lebennin_guardsmen      ; lebennin guardsmen
    category         infantry
    class            spearmen
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_spear
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_lebennin_guardsmen, 60, 0, 1.2
    officer	         gondor_banner_carrier
    officer	         gondor_officer 
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    move_speed_mod   0.9
    formation        1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square, schiltrom
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         8, 3, javelin, 55, 3, thrown, missile_mechanical, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    prec
    stat_sec         6, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr    light_spear, spear_bonus_4
    stat_pri_armour  3, 3, 7, leather
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        6
    stat_ground      1, -2, 0, -2
    stat_mental      12, disciplined, trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 450, 200, 80, 80, 580, 3, 150
    armour_ug_levels 1, 2, 3
    armour_ug_models gondor_lebennin_guardsmen, gondor_lebennin_guardsmen_ug1, gondor_lebennin_guardsmen_ug2
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    recruit_priority_offset    10
    Description:
    For as long as the men of Harad have been trying to cross into Gondor, there have been men to stop them. The Lebennin Guardsmen have been some of the most ardent opposition to the Haradrim, and are often the first and last line of defense in the region of Lebennin. For years, they have made sacrifices in order to protect the rest of Gondor from war, and for all this time, they have managed to hold their ground. Though they are not the most capable of soldiers, they can at least be counted as professional soldiers. The nearly constant raids of Lebennin by the Haradrim and the Corsairs of Umbar is the main reason for the relatively high quality of the Lebinnin Guardsmen. Many of them are veterans who have survived ordeals most professional soldiers have yet to even dream of. Once they hear the call of war, the Lebennin Guardsmen will gather their javelins and spears, prepared to staunchly defend their lands once more.

Solid spearmen unit with an ranged attack.

Boromir
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=271852&d=1363562758

Faramir
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=271853&d=1363562766
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gondor_blackroot_archers copy.png   kingdoms 2013-03-17 17-16-13-77.jpg   kingdoms 2013-03-17 17-16-38-30.jpg   gondor_lebennin_guardsmen copy.png   kingdoms 2013-03-17 23-09-07-04.jpg  

kingdoms 2013-03-17 23-09-27-54.jpg   kingdoms 2013-03-17 23-14-06-59.jpg   kingdoms 2013-03-18 00-04-21-24.jpg   kingdoms 2013-03-18 00-02-55-20.jpg  

New release!

The standard disclaimer about crappy release still applies, so let me know if there is anything wrong.

BTW: I apparently hit 100 images in one post limit in the first post. I had to delete some of the pictures, I took out the old stuff mostly.

Default Re: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Cool! Downloading right now. Are the animated bowstrings included too?
    Now I only need to wait for Leo's settlements to start a new campaign with Gondor.

Default Re: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

nice, I'll se If i update my mod to add this changes
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

The Lebennin Guardsmen with max level armour look awesome. Their breastplate is almost like hardened leather Lorica Segmentata.
    Last edited by Praetorian349; March 19, 2013 at 07:08 AM.

Cool! Downloading right now. Are the animated bowstrings included too?
    All archers have bowstring, except for Rangers and Master Rangers due to problems I mentioned before.
    Now I only need to wait for Leo's settlements to start a new campaign with Gondor.
    Hm? What kind of mod is that, Im curious.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hm? What kind of mod is that, Im curious.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...zanulimbar-Dum
    Last edited by Araval; March 19, 2013 at 05:45 AM.