Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748495051525368 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Question guys: I have some idea for Lossarnach soldiers shields. I want to make it like this:

*Axeguards - Normal gondorian shield with lossarnach CoA
    *Hobilars (Riders in previous version) - Old kite shields (with improved textures)

IMHO it is good idea as it will make these 2 similar units a bit different. What do you think?
    Last edited by Taro_M; June 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

If I may ask, what concept are you using for them?

There isnt much concept in them. I already know what equipment they will use and now Im just making models. Ill post some previews soon.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

TBH i think that those units were already perfect, they were my fafourite units.

I still have to redo them as they used copyrighted materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    Great stuff ill be sure to use those resources, although if you dont mind a bit of criticism you didnt mention what you did differently than the tome
    Question guys: I have some idea for Lossarnach soldiers shields. I want to make it like this:

*Hobilars (Riders in previous version) - Old kite shields (with improved textures)

IMHO it is good idea as it will make these 2 similar units a bit different. What do you think?
    Sounds great, those and the house knights were always my favourite units
    I still have to redo them as they used copyrighted materials.
    Do your old pinnath units use copyrighted material?

Great work taro

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Sounds a little vague. Give us more details on the concept so it will be easier to give an accurate opinion, pls. But what about releasing the Dol Amroth pack before going into the other units, pls?

Ok so unupgraded Lossarnach will have sleeveless padded coat, round metal helmets, leather bracers shields and axes. They will be somewhat similar to gondorian units, but as I said before: Lossarnach is the closest fiefdom to Minas Tirith, so equipment from there is rather easily available.

Right now Im making new axes, after make at least one I will post a preview.

As for Dol Amroth: I still need someone to do the balancing. Anyone willing to help?

BTW: Added a new trick to my bag, check it out.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    But what about releasing the Dol Amroth pack before going into the other units, pls?
    He will.

I would be willing to lend a hand. Just let me know what need´s to be done and a rough idea of how you want the units to perform.

Ok, as promised here is a preview of new Lossarnach soldier. Please remember that this is still WIP.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I particularly like how does that padded coat looks. The color comes from my old Lossarnach banner, kinda fits, it will be used along with black. I made throwing axes from scratch, they look pretty good IMHO. The battle axes come from Lord Calidors pack, but I had to fix each and every one of them due to problems with smoothing groups (I will cover this one in one of my tips).

I would be willing to lend a hand. Just let me know what need´s to be done and a rough idea of how you want the units to perform.
    Basically I want them to be compatible with benox's balancing and vanilla TA. I will send you PM with details.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

They look great!

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

I feel round shields would be nicer TBH, but whatever you wanna do is fine as they look great as is.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

I dont, i like the shields, they look awesome
    Nice on the new trick to, ill be sure to use it

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

They look very good. So, no black colour for them this time, Taro_M? Not a problem in my opinion just curious why you changed it.

The black will be there as one of coat variations. I simply added that bluish color.

BTW: Dol Amroth units are balanced. I will finalize them soon. Stay tuned for previews.

That new Lossarnach soldier looks great! Great job on both the padded armor and the throwing axe.
    From this angle the arm protection look terribly huge and thick (alsmot as much as his arm ^^), but it's not as visible ingame, so it's okay.
    Last edited by Khay; June 25, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
    "GB2/HoME"
    I have deduced, from your knowledge of Middle-Earth background, that you read scrupulously History of Middle Earth. Given your close-minded opinion on various aspects of Tolkien lore in detriment of TATW interest and gameplay, I believe that
    you are better suited to that reading activity, and suggest you go back to it.
    I guess it could work for some guys with Battle of Middle Earth as well...

The black will be there as one of coat variations. I simply added that bluish color.

BTW: Dol Amroth units are balanced. I will finalize them soon. Stay tuned for previews.
    Great news, man! Looking forward to start a new Gondor campaign with the new DA units.

Ok. now that was weird. I wanted to take screenshot of Dol Amroth archers in gondorian citadel, but MTW2 crashed during loading. I tried again on different map and it worked.

Here is error log ending:

Code:
    04:14:11.776 [system.io] [trace] exists: 3698: caching directory: mods/third_age_3/data/unit_models/_units/new_gondor_units/textures/gondor_dol_amroth_soldiers_diff.texture__unit_models/_units/new_gondor_units/textures/attachments_textures/faction_variations/sicily
    04:14:11.776 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: mods/third_age_3/data/unit_models/_units/new_gondor_units/textures/gondor_dol_amroth_soldiers_diff.texture__unit_models/_units/new_gondor_units/textures/attachments_textures/faction_variations/sicily
    Could it be that my units crash in Minas Morgul because it's citadel?