Page 41 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243444546474849505166 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

They look very good now!

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Looking forward to incorporating these into my mini-AAR's
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Ok, so I decided to start reworking my Dol Amroth Marines. I checked old version and quite a bit can be lifted from it. I plan to make 2 models, one base and another for upgrade. base will be leather cuirass over padded armor and upgrade will be similar to old leather cuirass over mail shirt.

EDIT: After checking it again I dont need that arm anymore. It turns out aztec arms were better then I remembered.

BTW: Gen. Chris, are those my units in your sig? I just noticed it .
    Last edited by Taro_M; June 19, 2012 at 07:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post

BTW: Gen. Chris, are those my units in your sig? I just noticed it .
    Indeed. I took a picture of a custom battle and played around in GIMP and then while taking the GIMP basics class I had to make a sig and I chose that picture. So my signature is the result.

You like?

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Pretty neat, but I think it would look much better if gondor banner would have folds, it would look more natural.

BTW: Thankfully work on marines is easier then I thought, they will not take all that much time.

Blog Entries

Pretty neat, but I think it would look much better if gondor banner would have folds, it would look more natural.
    What do you mean by folds?

You know like flag in the wind

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Check out "displacement" in photoshop. That's how I did flags for Swan Knight's lances.

Anyway, first model for marines is shaping up very well. I finished putting model together and i just need to fit stuff to avoid clipping. Also textures are mostly done and I only need to make color variations.

All I can say they will look rather unique.
    Last edited by Taro_M; June 20, 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Blog Entries

You knwo like flag in the wind

Check out "displacement" in photoshop. That's how I did flags for Swan Knight's lances.

Anyway, first model for marines is shaping up very well. I finished putting model together and i just need to fit stuff to avoid clipping. Also textures are mostly done and I only need to make color variations.

All I can say they will look rather unique.
    Ah, I thought that's what you meant, but I wanted to be sure.

It was just a basic GIMP class...and the lesson example actually had a plain French flag with a screenshot from NTW, so I just followed the leader.

Just point you in a direction to Improve (IMHO) your sig. I actually like your sig, that gondorian armor in foreground stands out nicely.

BTW: I have been thinking about starting a thread in Mod Workshop section. "Taro's Bag o' tricks" would allow me to share some information about techniques I use to make my units. Lets just say there is a thing or two that Im not doing like it is described in Tome of Knowledge.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Could you also preview the officers for Dol Amroth, pls?

BTW: I have been thinking about starting a thread in Mod Workshop section. "Taro's Bag o' tricks" would allow me to share some information about techniques I use to make my units. Lets just say there is a thing or two that Im not doing like it is described in Tome of Knowledge.
    Good idea!

Could you also preview the officers for Dol Amroth, pls?
    I dont have them made at this moment. I want to finish everything before moving to them.

Allright! First model for Dol Amroth Marines is finished!

I kept overall concept and simply improved model and textures. While this is lighter version, Im going to make upgrade as well.

How do you like them guys?

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Really great work Taro, can't wait for the 0.75 release

Blog Entries

They look cool!

Blog Entries

Does anyone else think the swords look like gladii?

Not that I'm complaining. I think it looks great.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Not sold on the bandanna, they're gondorian, not ninjas. But other wise, awesome, althoguht I think they might be a bit cold in the snow with such short sleeves.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Not sold on the bandanna, they're gondorian, not ninjas. But other wise, awesome, althoguht I think they might be a bit cold in the snow with such short sleeves.
    They arent anything big, they just create more diversity. Also Osgiliath veterans have them as well.

As fo short sleeves: it has been something I wanted to do for a LONG time. Keep in mind that Dol Amroth Marines are sailors that sail on an LotR equivalent of Mediterranean sea (talking about climate).

Does anyone else think the swords look like gladii?
    Yeah, didnt you notice that Yeomen Archers have same weapon?
    Last edited by Taro_M; June 21, 2012 at 05:51 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice unit! I liked the short sleeves. The dagger is a nice touch.