Page 39 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041424344454647484964 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Any more progress on this wonderful mod of yours Taro? ^^

To visualize my feelings:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Well, I know it has been a while, but I was busy being lazy . Here's some MOAR!

I redesigned upgrade for squires. In short: you guys were right and I was trying to be lazy. . After redesign, the new upgraded squires catapulted into awesome land right away.

Swan on helmet makes triumphant return, fixed and polished. I changed chest plate to one piece with embossed stuff. Added tassets from other DA units. The skirt got new wave pattern with looks pretty cool.
    I also decided to ditch pauldrons and gave squires padded armor under plate. That idea came from Witcher 2 where some soldiers had something like this. Note that they still have chainmail under that padded armor and plate. I decided that way as pauldrons didnt fit well and those new padded sleeves look really neat.

I hope this update was worth the wait .

BTW: Apparently I was away for so long that I forgot to write correctly .

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Looks better!
    And don't be lazy any more

I have to be. Being lazy requires dedication. If you arent lazy often enough, you get out of shape in being lazy, with is very bad .

Anyway. I still need to rig this new model and make all texture variants so im still open for suggestions.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

THAT UNIT.......... Is your second best unit you've ever made.

I would say 3rd best, but very nice work non the less!

Actualy... Awesome !!!
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

Looking good Taro, thanks for the work!
    Just a heads up, CDProjekt Red has given permissions for all modders to use their Witcher and Witcher 2 resources, so if you're looking for some easy pulls maybe try there. I don't know how feasable it is, but just a thought.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to have that stuff here by this site's policy, but from CDPR's standing you're good to go.

As I said about that gondorian armor for Skyrim: bringing stuff down to MTW2 level messes them up really badly. So Witcher resources cant anything more then reference material. Still, thanks for heads up.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Gods above and below... that sated my desires for MOAR.... for now. Terrific bloody hellbent amazing job once again Taro!
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    I think he meant Wardens of the White Tower. I dont want to change their colors, beige skirt goes very well with dark blue cloak. Also it makes them stand out nicely.
    its your call man, i will use them anyway ^^

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The squires look much better. Do you think there is still room for the small swan brooches like in the older version? Will they have capes?

No swan pins or capes. I plan to add pins to Swan Knights, also capes would make squires a bit to awesome. For now capes are out, I will see how Squires will look ingame and if capes will be needed then I will add them.

I tried adding your models in BS complication but after adding some of your new units and replacing all the old ones whenever I added one new unit a random error occured in one random unit but when i delete the entries of the new unit in EDU and battle_models.modeldb everything worked fine.... Does anyone was an idea of whats happening?

Your models are great Taro_M ! (at least the ones that I manage to see ingame )

Sorry I mean a model error for a random unit

I sometimes have similar problems. You keep deleting stuff from .modeldb and it still dosent work, no matter what you do. That is why I always keep a working EDU and .modelsdb as a backup.

Anyway, here is current version of upgraded squires ingame.

I still need to fix some stuff, but looking good so far.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Really cool stuff mate !

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Looks good ,
    but I think the helmet looks a bit too white. If it were darker, the swan would be destinguished better.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    No swan pins or capes. I plan to add pins to Swan Knights, also capes would make squires a bit to awesome. For now capes are out, I will see how Squires will look ingame and if capes will be needed then I will add them.
    I guess you are right. They cant compete with Swan Knights in terms of fancyness, hehe. They look very good ingame. I liked them!

Will you update this for 3.2?