Page 37 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839404142434445464762 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Yeah thats right. I made the last upgrade is as close as possible to what you can see in movies. I based it on Turambars work.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

That's Perfect man! You should make spear men version of these troops (I think there's already archer units similar looking to those). Would love to see these in TATW.

You didnt look at first post in this thread. Now go to it and check ALL the screenshots.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Kaiser View Post
    Just wanted to know if You or anyone who designs Gondorian models will make the units look more like this. With the chest plate and all.
    Wonder who made this.
    Highly detailed models that doesn't looks would be in a game.
    Aure entuluva!

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    You didnt look at first post in this thread. Now go to it and check ALL the screenshots.
    I have seen the pics you had posted, however only on replying to your message did I see the Bonus work your doing. Btw, they look really good, should make Gondor more fun to play with. I especially like how you did the Osgiliath Veterans.

Wonder who made this.
    Me to, this would be a great reference. However before anyone gets any idea: putting this in MTW2 would total to pull off. Its mainly a problem with smoothing groups, UV mapping, textures and simplifying model to something MTW2 can handle. After all that model would most likely be messed up enough to look awfully. I went though that when I used stuff from M&B, just compare old and new Dol Amroth units.

I have seen the pics you had posted, however only on replying to your message did I see the Bonus work your doing. Btw, they look really good, should make Gondor more fun to play with. I especially like how you did the Osgiliath Veterans.
    Please note that there are screens fro upgrades. Maybe you didnt understand as you were telling me to make archers and spearman with gondorian plate while I made them a long time ago.

BTW: Suck to be you guys. I just got my PS2 emulator working, off to play some Super Robot Wars .
    Last edited by Taro_M; May 04, 2012 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsTemplar View Post
    Wonder who made this.
    Yeah I got that particular pic off Google as a reference for what I was trying to ask about (the chest plate thing). From what I saw when I uploaded it, was that it was a Skyrim model design. That's all I know.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's probably from MERP
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Yes, it's from MERP on moddb

Hey Taro_M. Do you plan on doing any work on Rohan in the future. (After you finish with this sub-mod), or do you know of someone who is. Would be cool to see what you come up with.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Kaiser View Post
    Hey Taro_M. Do you plan on doing any work on Rohan in the future. (After you finish with this sub-mod), or do you know of someone who is. Would be cool to see what you come up with.
    Don't think he is interested. Only thing other than Gondor I have seen him do is some Mordor units.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Don't think he is interested. Only thing other than Gondor I have seen him do is some Mordor units.
    Thats a shame, would be cool to see someone make some Rohan stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    Dont wait. It will be quite some time before DA units will be added. First I need to finish Squires. Also I just realized that I have to remake/retouch my Dol Amroth Marines. After that I need to put everything together, make UI, descriptions. Then there is balancing phase (in with I will need help). Then I can release OSP that THEN can be used to add those new units to benox's mod.
    I would. But I'm planning on using your units as part of a reinforcement element in it...It's complicated

So I must wait.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Blog Entries

I meant to ask, Taro...Any plans on ever doing any levy soldiers from conquered lands for Gondor? You could even make one from Mordor with the freed slaves from the Nurn area.

Anyways, just curious.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; May 10, 2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: No freaking idea why I wrote "lovely" in this...

Fantastic units Taro! Just what Gondor needs... Can't wait for the release, Mordor is going to wish that they had never been born... or however an ork is made... .

H_F

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Did you use photoshop when you made the unit cards (not info cards)?

Oh you mean unit icons?

Well I just pose unit in milkshape and take screenshot. After that its just using photoshop to make alpha layer and change background to black resizing is optional though (to my suprise).
    Last edited by Taro_M; May 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I didn't mean the info cards, I meant the small ones you can select in the custom battles

To make them look more like vanilla ones, you should sharpen them a bit.
    Last edited by Mhaedros; May 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: double post

I already edited them in terms of brightness and contrast, too much and they will look weird. Im just happy I managed to make them look very consistent in terms of pose and camera angle, old ones looked horrible.

Ok lads, I know it has been quite a while since I gave any update (a working PS2 emulator is a surprisingly time consuming device ).

I FINALLY started working on upgrade for squires. Now here's the thing: when putting model together, like I always do, I noticed that I made something that looks really cool even without extra bits (swan on helmet, embossed armor). Frankly I like this version better then what I had in my mind, take a look.

(NOTE: this is very much WIP version, so stuff may change)

Im really willing to make this a final version. I made swan with spread wings, but it looked really tacky. Also more advanced looking plate armor makes them look different then normal DA troops.

What are your thoughts on this, guys?
    Last edited by Taro_M; May 13, 2012 at 12:07 PM.