Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243444560 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Wow, great stuff. I liked the detail in the pike.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

One question...
    The units in the pack that simply replace existing units not adding new ones ,do they use the same mesh and textures names with the TATW3.1 ones?
    You see i like the units but i do not want to add new ones.
    I just want to use the new models and textures replacing existing units or/and add the upgrades in the 3.1 are missing.
    I will wait for the new Swan knights to combine them with these horses.

TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Depends on unit. However most of vanilla gondorian units were replaced, right now only Pelargir Marines, Militia troops, Lossarnach axemen and Blackroot Valley archers havent been replaced. There is quite a bit of new units as well.

EDIT: Speaking of Swan knights: I just finished retouching them. I added second armor option and elbow armor, with I hope will satisfy all elbow armor fetishists out there .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Taro_M; April 11, 2012 at 03:57 AM.

You see i like the visual evolution you and many others created.
    For example i would prefair your bodyguards and the officer plus other units of yours. But i want my mod to stay in its basic version with no new units and no new upgrades etc..
    I just want new models with new higher quality textures (like your swan knights) that could be used in vanilla 3.1 without changing EDU or bmdb (where is not need afcourse because 3.1 bmdb must change model and textures entries for the upgrades already has).
    Could you make an "improving" 3.1 version of your roster in plug and play version?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Im just doing OSP, you can replace vanilla units yourself. The OSP download has all units separated for easy navigation so you just need to choose with ones you want to add. Then its just about replacing lines in models.db.

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    Im just doing OSP, you can replace vanilla units yourself. The OSP download has all units separated for easy navigation so you just need to choose with ones you want to add. Then its just about replacing lines in models.db.
    Thanks.

The shoulder piece looks very good. When you release your Dol Amroth units I will rework the colour scheme of the DA horse from the project me and Anthonius are working on. I will add the white details of vanilla and change the symbols to the ones you used so everything will match perfectly to your units. I like the aqua blue you used, very fitting. Cant wait to see those knights ingame!

Any news, Taro_M? Looking forward to see those beautiful Dol Amroth troops on the battlefield kicking some orcs' butts.

Right now Im not working on DA units. Im cant decide what to do with upper body armor for upgraded Squires. I need to recharge my gondor fanboy batteries until I come up with something good. Just in case you need me I will be around Ill be modding Homeworld 2 .

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

I have to say i don't like plate in Tolkiens ME but i have to say those swan knights are brilliant. The way the wings flow from the helm instead of looking like they've been glued on helps, also though they are probably the same size/amount of armour they seem more elegant than the TATW unit. Well done.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Right now Im not working on DA units. Im cant decide what to do with upper body armor for upgraded Squires. I need to recharge my gondor fanboy batteries until I come up with something good. Just in case you need me I will be around Ill be modding Homeworld 2 .
    Back to work!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I really liked the old DA squires. Actually Im even using them as placeholders in my own personal submod until you release your Swan Knights. Maybe you could just keep the exactly same visual. They looked great already.

Blog Entries

I just reinstalled TATW and decided I'd give your units a try. I like em

I might start up an AAR just for them

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Blog Entries

I just realized that Minas Ithil guardians have a Moon engraving in their spear...fantastic detail, Taro.

Taro..i have a huple request of help.
    Ussing your great expirience of TATW models i wonder if you could create for CBUR two shoulder armor parts.
    The 1st:
    Side view:

Frontal view:

The 2nd looks more than a oval shield in shape:

Sorry that i do not have bigger image.

I wonder if you could spent some of your time to help us.
    Also if you could create the helmet's crest it would be great!
    We are trying to offer the best quality of work to our fans just like you.

Blog Entries

Taro, I'm anticipating the release of your next batch of soldiers that I'm holding off doing one of my planned AAR's until it happens...Lol

it might be interesting if the cavalry officer for dol amroth units had a helmet that depicted a swan taking off

just an idea i am not sure how it would look

Taro..i have a huple request of help.
    Ussing your great expirience of TATW models i wonder if you could create for CBUR two shoulder armor parts.
    Sorry, but I have A LOT of things to do with my mod. Also I have some stuff Im working on besides MTW2, so I will not be able to help you.

BTW: That was TOTAL off topic, please dont derail my thread like that in future.
    Taro, I'm anticipating the release of your next batch of soldiers that I'm holding off doing one of my planned AAR's until it happens...Lol
    Dont wait. It will be quite some time before DA units will be added. First I need to finish Squires. Also I just realized that I have to remake/retouch my Dol Amroth Marines. After that I need to put everything together, make UI, descriptions. Then there is balancing phase (in with I will need help). Then I can release OSP that THEN can be used to add those new units to benox's mod.

As you can see I still have quite a few hurdles to pass before I even release an OSP. Also benox's has his hands full in collage so he wont have time to balance new units and update his mod.

it might be interesting if the cavalry officer for dol amroth units had a helmet that depicted a swan taking off
    Officers and banner carriers will be last thing I will make as I need to have everything already made. Generally Squires will be officers for DA units except for Swan Knights (they will have swan knight as an officer).
    Last edited by Taro_M; April 29, 2012 at 03:42 AM.

it was only an idea ((that in reflection would probably suck)the head would have to almost straight forward in front of his visor)
    i just felt cheap monitoring this thread without trying to contribute,ideas that is

No I do plan to give swan figure to Squires helmet, Im just working on it actually. Frankly it will be edited swan that Swan knights have on their helmet, but a bit smaller and with metal wings.