Page 25 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

He already made orcs but doesn't want to release it yet.

Zack-Stefy's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

i know, but he should make more ! he's one of the best skinners on twcenter

Nah, I wont go into orcs. Im putting so much effort into my units as Im gondor fanboy . Often I have been asked to do stuff for other factions, but I just dont feel like I could do that with full dedication. Instead I prefer to focus on gondor leaving other factions to other people.

Besides my orc units are rather simple.

Archers look awesome, very good job Taro! i was wondering that maybe pelargir wardens helmet could be with a different colour because the black one was for the guards of the moon tower
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

Of course there will different textures, unpainted metal to be exact. That picture was just a quick show of how does that helmet look without wings.

Dol Amroth Pikemen are done, and even on time, that is something new .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Wait a few secs

edit:

Emperor you should do a quick edit before a mod sees your censorship bi-pass

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Thanks for the tip. I edited the pic a bit

Merlkir's Avatar Civis

If you wanted ideas for variations on the knight helmets - I did a concept sketch some time ago for a feathered Swan helmet:

http://merlkir.deviantart.com/art/TL...tems-133209739

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Merlkir View Post
    If you wanted ideas for variations on the knight helmets - I did a concept sketch some time ago for a feathered Swan helmet:

http://merlkir.deviantart.com/art/TL...tems-133209739
    Awesome concept art......
    However it doesn't exist in the actual TLD?

The Dol Amroth knights might be using some Elven inspired details, since they are close to where elves once were?
    Aure entuluva!

That concept is way to elven for me, I will stick to my idea.

There is a bit of elven blood, but nothing much. Some fancy embossed details on helmet itself may be fine, but going all elven isnt good idea IMHO.

Merlkir's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    That concept is way to elven for me, I will stick to my idea.

There is a bit of elven blood, but nothing much. Some fancy embossed details on helmet itself may be fine, but going all elven isnt good idea IMHO.

Yep, it's meant as an antique item, heirloom in the Dol Amroth families.

Very well, do as you wish.

Taro, what do you think about the two last units ?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=413457
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

IMHO mine are better.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

IMO your look more lore accurate, but Squeaks is one of the best modellers ever
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Whats the point of such questions anyway? Its different art style then mine and one Im not fan of to be honest.

I think both are good, but Taro's Minas ithil Guardians are some of the best looking/cool units I have ever seen. IMO

I just wanted to talk about the concept. I like armor of the Wards of the Stars Dome, and they don't look like Fountain Guards and Winged Swordsmen like your model ; but I generally prefer your work.
    Last edited by Thorīn II Oakenshield; February 05, 2012 at 04:59 PM.
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

Hmm, I still don't have solid idea on upper body armor, but Faramir's helmet will fit them nicely, I will deal with them after Im finished with Dol Amroth and Lossarnach. So any ideas about my concept for Swan knights?

BTW: I have pretty neat and solid idea what to do with Swan Knights swords, based on those TLD concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    Of course there will different textures, unpainted metal to be exact. That picture was just a quick show of how does that helmet look without wings.

Dol Amroth Pikemen are done, and even on time, that is something new .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I like the extra armor only on left arm but it should be better if it was bigger, protecting the shoulder and even the neck... may be even with 1 or 2 shield points of defence. And may be a chest armor plate due to lack of shield to look heavier armored that other units.