Page 17 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Default Re: [WIP] New Units for Gondor REBORN (1st post image heavy)

Yeomen are simple grunts avaible everywhere, large in numbers, but not much above that.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Since they have 200 men i guess 5 will do i guess.

Be careful how many upgrade you give to any of your units,if i heard right the upgrades give 2 armour points not 1 even if we see 1.

Cheers mate.

I go with visual upgrades, ie. every upgrade is change in textures or model or both. See first post with all the screenshots, I wont change much from that.

Jakethe_Snake15's Avatar Ordinarius

Taro - I'd just like to add that the Dome of Stars Guards look awesome...

The one thing I don't really like is the helmet - the wings on it just look...kinda out of place.

The purple cloak looks great... It makes them distinct even as elite guards...

And I have no clue what to think about the white surcoat.... Maybe have it as a dark blue edged with silver stars?

Or do the same for the cloak - dark blue edged with silver stars...
    Quote Originally Posted by James Spader/Alan Shore "Boston Legal"
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.

I will leave Dome of the Stars Guard for later, I need some time to think about them as now Im not exactly sure what I want from thoses guys. Now I need to finish created units, after that its Dol Amroth (I already made some progres on that one).

I think that maybe you could reduce their shield bonus, i know you said is a gondorian standard shield (6) and maybe it's size is but the quality of the shield must be really below professional shields.
    Let's think it this way if you were a general and you need fast and untrained troops, you won't give them your best equipment, they even have more shield defense than militia (and those shields look much more solid than guardsmen's shields)
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

The shield is the same thing as normal gondorian soldiers get, there is no difference in build or material (wood reinforced with metal bands). So that is why I opted for same shield bonus for guardsmen. They however get unfinished shields ie. ones that werent painted, covered with leather or without White Tree.

fatfrog808's Avatar Laetus

Hi everyone!
    I've read this post since a lil' bit of time now and I just wanted to present you my opinion
    Firstly, this sub-mod.. or whatever it's called is really nice. the units design is very good and there is alot of units. I'm not a pro of middle-earth but I think I know alot from it so I may suggest things to you, taro. keep working, it's really nice!!

Jakethe_Snake15's Avatar Ordinarius

Welcome to the forums!

Yeah, it was the only sub-mod I ever needed back in the days of 2.1...

But back @Taro, yeah, I realise the Dome of Stars Guards was just a concept but still, as far as concepts go it looks pretty good.

I can't remember if you changed the Knights of the Swan though last time around... I remember the Dol Amroth units being pretty awesome, but the Knights of the Swan I honestly can't picture having been changed....
    Quote Originally Posted by James Spader/Alan Shore "Boston Legal"
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.

well i remember that Dol Amroth squires look much more bad ass than Swan Knights
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

I didnt change Swan knights before, but I plan to do so this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    I didnt change Swan knights before, but I plan to do so this time around.
    The vanilla TATW Swan Knights look somehow boring, can't wait to see what your brilliant mind has to offer

For now nothing, I have some ideas, but nothing solid.

Gondor Scouts

Gondor Scouts ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor scouts
    dictionary       gondor_scouts      ; gondor scouts
    category         cavalry
    class            missile
    voice_type       light
    banner faction   main_cavalry
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_scouts , 30, 0, 1
    officer             gondor_captain_early_flag
    mount            fast pony
    mount_effect     elephant -4, camel -4
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, can_formed_charge, free_upkeep_unit
    formation        2, 4.4, 3, 6, 2, square
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         7, 4, javelin, 50, 8, thrown, missile_mechanical, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    thrown
    stat_sec         6, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  3, 2, 4, leather
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        1
    stat_ground      -1, -1, -3, -2
    stat_mental      10, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 45
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 460, 200, 80, 80, 460, 3, 100
    armour_ug_levels 1, 2, 3
    armour_ug_models gondor_scouts, gondor_scouts_ug1, gondor_scouts_ug2
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    recruit_priority_offset    5
    Description:
    Scouts are a important part of the Gondorian war machine. Though they would hardly qualify as capable soldiers, their sharp eyes and swift steeds make them invaluable to their lords. For them, moving across the battlefield is a simple matter. Due to this, Scouts can easily probe an enemy's battle-line for weaknesses. They also make good bait for ambushes, since they are extremely difficult to catch and are usually underestimated.

Cheap, fast moving light cavalry with javelins.

uh guys, I kinda forgot that I dont have description for Light Swordsmen, here is something for the start
    Often among levies of Gondor are men that have experience fighting with the swords. When they are drafted, during the times of need, they often get first choice in armor given to levies. In combat they prefer traditional gondorian style of fighting with sword and shield. However they use medium sized round shields as they offer easier movement. It should noted that even if light swordsmen posses some combat experience, they are still greatly outclassed by professional troops.
    I will also need description for skirmishers and dismounted bodyguards.

fatfrog808's Avatar Laetus

Description for the skirmishers:

The skirmishers are soldiers of Gondor selected from peasants with relative ease in the art of shooting javelins and spears. They train from time to time to keep their skills in case there would be confrontations. These infantrymen serve usually in the provincial militia, are simply reservists and rarely fight beyond their territory, but when the hosts of Gondor begin to march, it is possible that some regiments of skirmishers are included in the army.

Description for dismounted bodyguards:

the best soldiers of Gondor are strong, skilled and brave and that's what these warriors are. They are part of that elite company, the bodyguards. They have already proven their abilities several times but unlike their peers, they have advanced in the fightning on foot. They form the personal guard of the steward and follow him everywhere. Some of these warriors are the son of lords and nobles of the whole kingdom and devote themselves body and soul to fight against the dark forces of Sauron.

I don't know if it's good but this is just an idea...

Triple post, but some big news: Im nearly there guys, all units work and the only thing Im missing are descriptions for Light Swordsmen and Skirmishers.

Here are fnalized units.

Dismounted General's Bodyguard

Dismounted General's Bodyguard ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor dismounted bodyguards
    dictionary       gondor_dismounted_bodyguards     ; gondor dismounted bodyguards
    category         infantry ; Quality
    class            heavy
    voice_type       General
    banner faction   main_infantry
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_dismounted_bodyguards, 48, 0, 1.3
    mount_effect     elephant +2
    attributes       sea_faring, very_hardy, command, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    formation        1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         10, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  8, 5, 5, metal
    stat_heat        8
    stat_ground      0, -1, 0, -2
    stat_mental      16, disciplined, trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 720, 220, 100, 100, 720, 3, 150
    armour_ug_levels 4
    armour_ug_models gondor_dismounted_bodyguards
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    recruit_priority_offset    10
    Description:
    These are truly formidable troops whose task it is to guard the army's general. Wearing the gondorian plate armour and wielding long swords, these elite troops fear little on the battlefield and make fearsome opponents. Loyal and disciplined, this elite heavy infantry unit accompanies the Captains of Gondor wherever they go, both on the battlefield and in Middle-earth.

Well armed and equipped dismounted bodyguards.

Master Rangers of Ithilien

Master Rangers of Ithilien ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor master rangers
    dictionary       gondor_master_rangers      ; Master Rangers
    category         infantry
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_missile
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_master_rangers, 60, 0, 1
    mount_effect     elephant +3
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, extreme_range, very_hardy, can_withdraw, stakes, stakes free_upkeep_unit
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         10, 2, arrow, 200, 40, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         9, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  4, 5, 0, leather
    stat_heat        2
    stat_ground      0, -1, 1, -2
    stat_mental      15, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        2, 670, 300, 115, 115, 670, 4, 150
    armour_ug_levels 1
    armour_ug_models gondor_master_rangers
    ownership        slave, sicily, timurids
    era 0            slave, sicily
    era 1            slave, sicily
    era 2            slave, sicily
    Description:
    Master Rangers of Ithilien are the most stealthy warriors in the whole kingdom of Gondor. They serve the kingdom of Gondor by trying to prevent Sauron from gathering and uniting all forces of him in his evil realm of Mordor. These elite-soldiers are experts at hiding and laying ambushes, which gives them the upper hand around the woods in Ithilien, where their hiding place is. With their enormous discipline and their bow skills, they can surprise their enemies and slaughter them in a split of second, even when the enemy outnumbers them with many. In hand to hand combat, though, they are not as powerful, but even than they can prove to be the decisive factor on the battlefield. They are clad in green cloaks and wield an impressive longbow, which they skillfully handle and use to deadly extent.

An unit of well equiped veteran Rangers of Ithilien.

And now my personal favorite:

Wardens of the White Tower

Wardens of the White Tower ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor wardens white tower
    dictionary       gondor_wardens_white_tower      ; Wardens of the White Tower
    class            heavy
    voice_type       General
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_wardens_white_tower, 30, 0, 1.8
    attributes       sea_faring, very_hardy, command, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         12, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  11, 6, 8, metal
    stat_heat        8
    stat_mental      18, disciplined, highly_trained, lock_morale
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 1420, 500, 180, 180, 1420, 1, 450
    armour_ug_levels 4
    armour_ug_models gondor_wardens_white_tower
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    recruit_priority_offset    15
    Description:
    Wardens of the White Tower are the most skilled troops in all of Gondor, and perhaps even Middle-Earth. Comprised of only the very best troops, it is their duty to guard the Steward and other important nobles. On the select occasions that these troops choose to fight on the battlefield, they can completely change the course of any conflict. The corpses of Gondor's enemies will appear to be a sea around them in combat. These men are the pride and joy of Gondor, and they will fight to their last breath if it means the Steward's will is done.

Elite gondorian infantry.

Here is a screenshot of curent gondorian roster, including those 2 units with missing description. I also added no_custom to vanilla Osgiliath Pikemen, they were so out of place, also they prevented nice shot of all units.

(siege engines are down the scroll, but they arent that important)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I must say that Gondor roster now looks really impressive and it will only get bigger .

Now I need those 2 descriptions before I start putting a release together, in meantime I will take screenshots of all upgrades and update previews in first post.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Impressive indeed, thank you Taro for your effort!

Ok, here are all current previews, with armor upgrades. This is mostly for my sake, so I wont need to hunt these previews through last pages.

Gondor Spearmen

Gondor Spearmen ingame

]

Stats:
    NO CHANGES

Description:
    Usually wielding 8 foot spears, these troops support Gondor's main infantry and are often placed on the flanks of a formation to protect against cavalry assaults. Similarly equipped as their sword-wielding kinsmen, they wear heavy mail armour, with the symbolic White Tree on black surcoat. Provided with a heavy oak shield reinforced with steel, they are well defended from arrow fire and close combat. These competent troops won't think twice before laying down their lives in the protection of The White City.

Professional heavy spearmen protected with shields and heavy mail armour and armed with a solid spear.

Gondor Infantry

Gondor Infantry ingame

Stats:
    NO CHANGES

Description:
    The Realm of Gondor has fought numerous wars against numerous enemies. Their Lords are very experienced in the arts of war and fighting, and the citizens of Gondor are all expected to earn their keep when the horn of Gondor sounds. Most of the brave men of Gondor are trained as regular infantry, armed with a solid metal shield and a steel longsword. For centuries, the kingdom of Gondor has relied on the strong traditions of these heavy infantry. When the storm clouds begin to gather once again at the end of the Third Age, most of the Gondorian Infantry eagerly anticipate the opportunity of serving their country with arms in their hands. Armoured with heavy mail, they are the backbone of the Gondorian Army.

Professional heavy infantry, armed with swords and shields, with excellent morale and stamina.

Gondor Archers

Gondor Archers ingame

Stats:
    NO CHANGES

Description:
    Although these archers are not as skilled as Elves, nor do they wield the fabled hollow steel bow of the Numenoreans, they should still be a force to reckon with. The strength and stature of these archers means they can shoot a Longbow with ease, even if they’re clad in heavy mail armour. The armour means they need a longer time to reload their great bows and are slow to move, but they will stand their ground in melee combat. Armed with a sword and trained as Gondorian Infantry, they fear few enemies and are expected to fend off most attacking infantry.

Professional heavy archers, armed with a longbow and a sword for close combat. Wearing heavy mail armour.

Gondor Pikemen

Gondor Pikemen ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor pikemen
    dictionary       gondor_pikemen      ; gondor pikemen
    class            spearmen
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_spear
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_pikemen, 60, 0, 1.2
    mount_effect     elephant -1
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, hardy, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit, pike
    move_speed_mod   0.7
    formation        1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 8, square, phalanx
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         3, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    spear, long_pike, spear_bonus_8
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  2, 1, 0, metal
    stat_heat        6
    stat_ground      0, -2, -1, -2
    stat_mental      13, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 470, 190, 75, 75, 470, 3, 150
    armour_ug_levels 3, 4, 5
    armour_ug_models gondor_pikemen, gondor_pikemen_ug1, gondor_pikemen_ug2
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    For a long time Gondor never had to deal with enemies using overwhelming numbers of cavalry, since greatest horse lords of Middle-earth, the Rohirims, are trusted allies of Kingdom of Gondor. But the constant skirmishes with the men of Harad forced the Gondorians to adapt to better counter enemy cavalry. Based on the famous Pikemen of Dol Amroth, they use long pikes and depend on their heavy mail armour for defense. Thanks to their training and discipline, Pikemen of Gondor can easily stop any enemy foolish enough to assault them from the front, but their tight formation makes them susceptible to ranged attacks and flanking maneuvers.

Well armored pikemen of Gondor.

Gondor Bodyguards

Gondor Bodyguards ingame

Stats:
    Blank upgrade removed

Description:
    NO CHANGES

Dismounted General's Bodyguard

Dismounted General's Bodyguard ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor dismounted bodyguards
    dictionary       gondor_dismounted_bodyguards     ; gondor dismounted bodyguards
    class            heavy
    voice_type       General
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_dismounted_bodyguards, 48, 0, 1.3
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         10, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  8, 5, 5, metal
    stat_heat        8
    stat_mental      16, disciplined, trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 720, 220, 100, 100, 720, 3, 150
    armour_ug_levels 4
    armour_ug_models gondor_dismounted_bodyguards
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    These are truly formidable troops whose task it is to guard the army's general. Wearing the gondorian plate armour and wielding long swords, these elite troops fear little on the battlefield and make fearsome opponents. Loyal and disciplined, this elite heavy infantry unit accompanies the Captains of Gondor wherever they go, both on the battlefield and in Middle-earth.

Well armed and equipped dismounted bodyguards.

Gondor Cavalry (lance)

Gondor Cavalry (lance) ingame

Stats:
    NO CHANGES

Description:
    Horsemanship has never been the main interest of the Gondorian army. Often they’ve received mounted aid from their allies, the Rohirrim in the west, who are unmatched when it comes to the art of fighting from horseback. The Warlords and Generals of Gondor do however understand that cavalry is an important part of any army, and will usually deploy a unit of Gondor Cavalry when the need arises. They wear the standard heavy mail armour of the Gondorian army and wield a long ash-shafted lance. They also have longswords for close combat.

Professional medium cavalry armed with lances and swords and protected by heavy mail armour.

Gondor Cavalry (sword)

Gondor Cavalry (sword) ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             Gondor Cavalry
    dictionary       Gondor_Cavalry      ; Gondor Cavalry
    category         cavalry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_cavalry, 30, 0, 1
    mount            gondor horse
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, legionary_name, can_formed_charge, knight, free_upkeep_unit
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         8, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         8, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  8, 4, 0, metal
    stat_heat        6
    stat_ground      -1, -2, -3, -2
    stat_mental      14, disciplined, trained
    stat_charge_dist 45
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 890, 320, 100, 100, 890, 3, 150
    armour_ug_levels 3, 4, 5
    armour_ug_models gondor_cavalry, gondor_cavalry_ug1, gondor_cavalry_ug2
    ownership        sicily, timurids
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    NOTE: Sword cavalry actually have "two" same sword weapons, otherwise they didnt fight back. Some random fallacy of MTW2.

Description:
    Horsemanship has never been the main interest of the Gondorian army. Often they’ve received mounted aid from their allies, the Rohirrim in the west, who are unmatched when it comes to the art of fighting from horseback. The Warlords and Generals of Gondor do however understand that cavalry is an important part of any army, and will usually deploy a unit of Gondor Cavalry when the need arises. They wear the standard heavy mail armour of the Gondorian army and wield longswords for close combat.

Professional medium cavalry armed with swords and protected by heavy mail armour.

Gondor Siege Crew

Gondor Siege Crew ingame

Stats:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Code:
    type             Gondor Ballista
    dictionary       Gondor_Ballista      ; Ballista
    category         siege
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          Gondor_Ballista_Crew, 24, 3, 1
    engine           gondor_ballista
    mount_effect     elephant -20
    attributes       sea_faring, hardy, can_withdraw, artillery
    formation        1.5, 1.5, 3, 3, 3, square
    stat_health      1, 2
    stat_pri         7, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, artillery_mechanical, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         55, 3, ballista, 230, 40, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, piercing, none, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    ap, bp, launching
    stat_pri_armour  8, 2, 0, metal
    stat_heat        1
    stat_ground      0, -1, -2, -2
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 480, 180, 60, 140, 480, 1, 110
    armour_ug_levels 1
    armour_ug_models Gondor_Ballista_Crew
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    recruit_priority_offset    -5
    Code:
    type             Gondor Catapult
    dictionary       Gondor_Catapult      ; Catapult
    category         siege
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          Gondor_Catapult_Crew, 24, 2, 1
    engine           gondor_catapult
    stat_health      1, 2
    stat_pri         7, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, artillery_mechanical, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         60, 3, catapult, 250, 25, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, blunt, none, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    ap, bp, area, launching
    stat_heat        1
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 650, 200, 60, 140, 650, 1, 120
    armour_ug_levels 3
    armour_ug_models Gondor_Catapult_Crew
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Code:
    type             Gondor Trebuchet
    dictionary       Gondor_Trebuchet      ; Trebuchet
    category         siege
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          Gondor_Trebuchet_Crew, 24, 2, 1
    engine           gondor_trebuchet
    stat_health      1, 2
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         60, 3, trebuchet, 330, 25, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, blunt, none, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    ap, bp, area, launching
    stat_ter         12, 3, cow_carcass, 250, 3, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, blunt, none, 25, 1
    stat_ter_attr    ap, bp, launching
    stat_heat        1
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 850, 250, 60, 140, 850, 1, 120
    armour_ug_levels 3
    armour_ug_models Gondor_Trebuchet_Crew
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    recruit_priority_offset    7

NOTE: All gondorian siege crews have same armor, morale and attack stats as now they are pretty much the same units.

Description:
    NO CHANGES

Gondor Guardsmen

Gondor Guardsmen ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor guardsmen
    dictionary       gondor_guardsmen      ; gondor guardsmen
    voice_type       Light
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_guardsmen, 80, 0, 1 
    officer          gondor_captain_early_flag
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    formation        1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square, schiltrom
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         4, 2, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    light_spear, spear_bonus_4
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  2, 1, 6, leather
    stat_heat        3
    stat_mental      10, normal, trained,
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 250, 320, 60, 60, 300, 4, 100
    armour_ug_levels 1, 2, 3, 4
    armour_ug_models gondor_guardsmen, gondor_guardsmen_ug1, gondor_guardsmen_ug2, gondor_guardsmen_ug3
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    Gondorian guardsmen are levied militia troops whose main purpose is to defend the far flung outposts of their homeland. Though usually found in the less advanced territories of Gondor, they are prepared to defend any city during the absence of better trained and equipped troops. Technically, they can also be used to bolster the numbers of any active army. However, generals should note that these men are citizens first, and soldiers second. They will be overwhelmed by most regular army troops.

Cheap, lighly armored spearmen.

Gondor Yeomen Archers

Gondor Yeomen Archers ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor yeomen archers
    dictionary       gondor_yeomen_archers      ; gondor yeomen archers
    class            missile
    voice_type       Light
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_yeomen_archers, 80, 0, 0.9
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         5, 2, arrow, 140, 30, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         3, 2, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  2, 3, 0, leather
    stat_heat        2
    stat_mental      9, normal, untrained,
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        2, 220, 310, 75, 75, 270, 4, 150
    armour_ug_levels 1, 2, 3
    armour_ug_models gondor_yeomen_archers, gondor_yeomen_archers_ug1, gondor_yeomen_archers_ug2
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    Gondorian yeomen archers are non-professional troops levied into the army during times of need. Given the current, numerous threats to Gondor's borders, they have never been needed more. Though most of them have some experience with a bow, the training they receive from the army is limited, and their equipment is cheap. Usually, these troops are asembled into large units to compensate their lack of experience.

Cheap, lighly armored archers.

Gondor Scouts

Gondor Scouts ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor scouts
    dictionary       gondor_scouts      ; gondor scouts
    category         cavalry
    class            missile
    voice_type       light
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_scouts , 30, 0, 1
    mount            fast pony
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, can_formed_charge, free_upkeep_unit
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         7, 4, javelin, 50, 8, thrown, missile_mechanical, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    thrown
    stat_sec         6, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  3, 2, 4, leather
    stat_heat        1
    stat_ground      -1, -1, -3, -2
    stat_charge_dist 45
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 460, 200, 80, 80, 460, 3, 100
    armour_ug_levels 1, 2, 3
    armour_ug_models gondor_scouts, gondor_scouts_ug1, gondor_scouts_ug2
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    Scouts are a important part of the Gondorian war machine. Though they would hardly qualify as capable soldiers, their sharp eyes and swift steeds make them invaluable to their lords. For them, moving across the battlefield is a simple matter. Due to this, Scouts can easily probe an enemy's battle-line for weaknesses. They also make good bait for ambushes, since they are extremely difficult to catch and are usually underestimated.

Cheap, fast moving light cavalry with javelins.

Winged Swordsmen

Winged Swordsmen ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor winged swordsmen
    dictionary       gondor_winged_swordsmen      ; Winged Swordsmen
    class            heavy
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_winged_swordsmen, 60, 0, 1.3
    mount_effect     horse +1, camel +1, elephant +2
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    formation        1.3, 1.3, 2.6, 2.6, 4, square
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         12, 8, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, sword, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    ap
    stat_sec         0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  9, 5, 0, metal
    stat_heat        2
    stat_mental      16, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 780, 320, 100, 100, 780, 2, 250
    armour_ug_levels 4
    armour_ug_models gondor_winged_swordsmen
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    The Guards of the Winged Sword, or Winged Swordsmen as they commonly called, are some of the most powerful shock troops Gondor can field. Armed with great swords similar to those wielded by their Numnenorian ancestors, Winged Swordsmen can cut huge swaythes through an enemy's battleline. Though they are heavily armed and armored, they still maintain a suprising degree of agility due to their intesnse training. Their richly decorated armors act as statements of their high social status.

Elite, heavly armored warriors with two handed swords.

Guards of the Tower

Guards of the Tower ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor guards tower
    dictionary       gondor_guards_tower      ; gondor guards tower
    class            heavy
    voice_type       General
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_guards_tower, 30, 0, 1.2
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, command, can_withdraw, general_unit, free_upkeep_unit
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         10, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  8, 5, 6, metal
    stat_heat        8
    stat_mental      16, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 1020, 390, 120, 120, 1020, 1, 350
    armour_ug_levels 3
    armour_ug_models gondor_guards_tower
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    Guards of the Tower are usually Gondorian officers or retired veterans. Though they no longer actively serve in combat, Guards of the Tower still retain most of the skills that helped them survive long enough to attain their vaunted position. Technically, these troops aren't affiliated with the army, since their main task is to protect government officials and secrets. However, as the threat of war grows, these troops may be forced into genuine combat situations. When they do appear on the battlefield, their presence inspires nearby Gondorian troops to acts of greater valor.

Veteran swordmen, their presence rises morale of nearby units.

Ithilien Rangers

Ithilien Rangers ingame

Stats:
    Blank upgrade removed

Description:
    NO CHANGES

Master Rangers of Ithilien

Master Rangers of Ithilien ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor master rangers
    dictionary       gondor_master_rangers      ; Master Rangers
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_master_rangers, 60, 0, 1
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, extreme_range, very_hardy, can_withdraw, stakes, stakes free_upkeep_unit
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         10, 2, arrow, 200, 40, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  4, 5, 0, leather
    stat_heat        2
    stat_ground      0, -1, 1, -2
    stat_mental      15, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        2, 670, 300, 115, 115, 670, 4, 150
    armour_ug_levels 1
    armour_ug_models gondor_master_rangers
    ownership        slave, sicily, timurids
    era 0            slave, sicily
    era 1            slave, sicily
    era 2            slave, sicily
    Description:
    Master Rangers of Ithilien are the most stealthy warriors in the whole kingdom of Gondor. They serve the kingdom of Gondor by trying to prevent Sauron from gathering and uniting all forces of him in his evil realm of Mordor. These elite-soldiers are experts at hiding and laying ambushes, which gives them the upper hand around the woods in Ithilien, where their hiding place is. With their enormous discipline and their bow skills, they can surprise their enemies and slaughter them in a split of second, even when the enemy outnumbers them with many. In hand to hand combat, though, they are not as powerful, but even than they can prove to be the decisive factor on the battlefield. They are clad in green cloaks and wield an impressive longbow, which they skillfully handle and use to deadly extent.

An unit of well equiped veteran Rangers of Ithilien.

Citadel Guard

Citadel Guard ingame

Stats:
    Blank upgrade removed

Description:
    NO CHANGES

Citadel Guard Archers

Citadel Guard Archers ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor citadel guard archers
    dictionary       gondor_citadel_guard_archers      ; gondor citadel guard archers
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_citadel_guard_archers, 60, 0, 1
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, extreme_range, can_withdraw, cannot_skirmish, free_upkeep_unit
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         8, 2, arrow, 190, 35, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         9, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  8, 6, 0, metal
    stat_heat        2
    stat_mental      15, disciplined, highly_trained,
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        2, 690, 280, 75, 75, 690, 2, 150
    armour_ug_levels 0
    armour_ug_models gondor_citadel_guard_archers
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    Only the bravest and strongest of Gondor's men get the honor of joining the Guards of the Citadel. These are the elite soldiers of the Kingdom of Gondor, always ready to defend and die for their beloved city of Minas Tirith. Among them are many accomplished archers and former rangers of Ithilien who did not forget their skill with bow. They are sometimes grouped into small, separate units.

Heavily armored elite archers.

Fountain Guard

Fountain Guard ingame

Stats:
    Blank upgrade removed

Description:
    NO CHANGES

Wardens of the White Tower

Wardens of the White Tower ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor wardens white tower
    dictionary       gondor_wardens_white_tower      ; Wardens of the White Tower
    class            heavy
    voice_type       General
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_wardens_white_tower, 30, 0, 1.8
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         12, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  11, 6, 8, metal
    stat_heat        8
    stat_mental      18, disciplined, highly_trained, lock_morale
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 1420, 500, 180, 180, 1420, 1, 450
    armour_ug_levels 4
    armour_ug_models gondor_wardens_white_tower
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    Wardens of the White Tower are the most skilled troops in all of Gondor, and perhaps even Middle-Earth. Comprised of only the very best troops, it is their duty to guard the Steward and other important nobles. On the select occasions that these troops choose to fight on the battlefield, they can completely change the course of any conflict. The corpses of Gondor's enemies will appear to be a sea around them in combat. These men are the pride and joy of Gondor, and they will fight to their last breath if it means the Steward's will is done.

Elite gondorian infantry.

Knights of Minas Tirith

Knights of Minas Tirith ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor knights minas tirith
    dictionary       gondor_knights_minas_tirith      ; Knights of Minas Tirith
    category         cavalry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_knights_minas_tirith, 30, 0, 1
    mount            gondor horse
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, knight, can_formed_charge, hardy, free_upkeep_unit
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         7, 9, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         9, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  9, 3, 6, metal
    stat_heat        6
    stat_ground      -1, -2, -3, -2
    stat_mental      15, disciplined, trained
    stat_charge_dist 45
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 950, 370, 110, 110, 950, 2, 250
    armour_ug_levels 4
    armour_ug_models gondor_knights_minas_tirith
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    Gondor has always had a long and proud military tradition. However, most Gondorians prefer to fight their enemies on foot, rather than mounted. Over the centuries, Gondor has usually entrusted the task of providing cavalry to its vassals and allies. The Knights of Minas Tirth are talented horse riders, but most of all, these are men who are capable of controlling the offspring of the mearas, a breed of intelligent horses imported from Rohan. The mearas are known to be hard to control if there is no connection between the horse and the rider, a bond that is usually developed since childhood. For this reason it is rare to see Knights of Minas Tirth in battle. However once they arrive into the field they will crush enemies of Gondor with lance and sword.

Heavy cavalry armed with lances and swords, protected by plate armour snd shields.

Osgiliath Veterans

Osgiliath Veterans ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor osgiliath veterans
    dictionary       gondor_osgiliath_veterans      ; gondor osgiliath veterans
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_osgiliath_veterans, 60, 0, 1.2
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, extreme_range, can_withdraw, cannot_skirmish, stakes, stakes, free_upkeep_unit
    formation        1.5, 1.5, 3, 3, 4, square
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         8, 3, arrow, 180, 35, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  7, 6, 6, metal
    stat_heat        3
    stat_mental      13, disciplined, untrained, lock_morale
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 660, 260, 95, 95, 660, 3, 150
    armour_ug_levels 3, 4
    armour_ug_models gondor_osgiliath_veterans, gondor_osgiliath_veterans_ug1
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    For years, Osgilliath has been one of the main battlefields in the war between Gondor and Mordor. However, through the efforts of Gondor's men-at-arms, the city has been held. Adapting to combat in the harsh conditions of Osgilliath is a difficult task, and the cost to both sides has been terrible. Still, those Gondorians who survive the ordeals of Osgilliath are prepared for harsh conditions. Throughout their trials, the soldiers who fight in Osgilliath have learned to fight using multiple methods. They are equipped with bows, but unlike most other archers, they are also very capable melee fighters. Furthermore, Osgilliath Veterans have already seen the very worst Mordor has to offer. They will not even flinch in the face of near suicidal odds, because their lives have been an almost constant cycle of battles against innumerable enemies. While the skills of these men are incredible, it should be noted that they are not invincible, and that they are few in number. The loss of them can be just as catastrophic as constantly holding them in reserve. Without sacrifice, there can be no victory: such is the nature of the conflict these men have become used to.

Experienced swordsmen and archers from Osgiliath.

Osgiliath Veterans (clean version)

Osgiliath Veterans (clean version) ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor osgiliath veterans clean
    dictionary       gondor_osgiliath_veterans_clean      ; gondor osgiliath veterans (clean version)
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_osgiliath_veterans, 60, 0, 1.2
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, extreme_range, can_withdraw, cannot_skirmish, stakes, stakes, free_upkeep_unit
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         8, 3, arrow, 180, 35, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         10, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  9, 6, 6, metal
    stat_heat        3
    stat_mental      14, disciplined, highly_trained, lock_morale
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 750, 310, 100, 100, 750, 2, 150
    armour_ug_levels 4
    armour_ug_models gondor_osgiliath_veterans_clean
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    For years, Osgilliath has been one of the main battlefields in the war between Gondor and Mordor. However, through the efforts of Gondor's men-at-arms, the city has been held. Adapting to combat in the harsh conditions of Osgilliath is a difficult task, and the cost to both sides has been terrible. Still, those Gondorians who survive the ordeals of Osgilliath are prepared for harsh conditions. Throughout their trials, the soldiers who fight in Osgilliath have learned to fight using multiple methods. They are equipped with bows, but unlike most other archers, they are also very capable melee fighters. Furthermore, Osgilliath Veterans have already seen the very worst Mordor has to offer. They will not even flinch in the face of near suicidal odds, because their lives have been an almost constant cycle of battles against innumerable enemies. While the skills of these men are incredible, it should be noted that they are not invincible, and that they are few in number. The loss of them can be just as catastrophic as constantly holding them in reserve. Without sacrifice, there can be no victory: such is the nature of the conflict these men have become used to.

Experienced swordsmen and archers from Osgiliath.

Minas Ithil Guardians

Minas Ithil Guardians ingame

Stats:
    Code:
    type             gondor minas ithil guardians
    dictionary       gondor_minas_ithil_guardians      ; gondor minas ithil guardians
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          gondor_minas_ithil_guardians, 60, 0, 1.8 
    officer          gondor_captain_early_flag
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    formation        1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square, shield_wall
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         9, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    light_spear, spear_bonus_4
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  10, 4, 8, metal
    stat_heat        6
    stat_ground      0, -2, 0, -2
    stat_mental      18, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 850, 340, 120, 120, 850, 1, 250
    armour_ug_levels 4
    armour_ug_models gondor_minas_ithil_guardians
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    Description:
    Losing Minas Ithil to the hordes of Mordor was always a dark moment in Gondorian history, so its understandable that lords of Gondor see the capture of Minas Morgul as a matter of great importance. This was not only as tactical goal, that would stop foul creatures of Mordor from pouring into the woods of Ithilien, but also as a matter of honor. It may seem odd that the smiths of Gondor are always ready to forge new armor in case Minas Ithil is recaptured, but in a way formation of the Minas Ithil Guardians is a tribute to last defenders of Tower of the Moon and their heroic stand against dark forces. Thus the new guardians of the fortress are recruited from the most able men, equipped with heavy armor, large shields and pole arms. Such equipment allows them to effectively fight in defense even against overwhelming odds.

Heavily armored guardians of Tower of the Moon.

Last edited by Taro_M; January 16, 2012 at 07:41 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Pikemen have ug images of yeomen archers and yeomen archers of pikemen

Thanks, fixed already. Now I need descriptions for Skirmishers and Light swordsmen and I will be able to start preparing first release. I need your help guys
    Last edited by Taro_M; January 16, 2012 at 07:42 AM.