Page 34 of 83 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839404142434459 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Awesome looking units love them!

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    Its expansion, DLC are those deals when you can buy aditional unit for one of the factions.

I really think that today developers and publishers want to limit modding so they can release crappy DLC with wont have any alternative.

BTW: First screens of upgraded Dol Amroth units will be comming very soon.
    I agree with you there, but I also think the revolution is comming. Just like in TW games you can't keep the pleebs subjugated forever if you tax them too hard.

So keep your pitchforks sharp and don't forget to stock up on tar and feathers

Any way I could get just the Minas Ithil guardians?

Modders resource have all materials for each unit grouped into seperate folder just download it and you will find what you need.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Sooooo, what's happening forum?

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Really thinking I might add this to my game when I reinstall Third Age...
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Sorry, been wasting time playing X3: Reunion . However Im done with upgrades for Archers and Men at arms and I already have an idea for pikemen.

Upgraded Men-at-arms
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Upgraded Archers

In other news: paradamed create a really nice horse mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=533752) that I plan to add to my project once I get permission.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice work as always!
    Maybe the plate would look better if it were smoother in the middle?

It was before, but I wanted that "cut" to be clearly visible as with Arnor units. I prefer it this way.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Permission granted for sure. It is a free resource. As I already said in the pm, it is your work that actually inspired me to create some new textures using the marka resources.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

They look very good as usual T', but somewhat stainless? Some dirt details would make them to feel more real? Just my thought

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Blog Entries

Perhaps it is just me but could the wings on the helms be a bit more detailed? The engraving looks odd. But perhaps that's just the angle or the photos themselves.

Nice work regardless, Taro

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

They look very good as usual T', but somewhat stainless? Some dirt details would make them to feel more real? Just my thought
    I would prefer not, all my units are like that (except for Osgiliath Veterans). If you want dirt then instal Crimson Tide submod (Stainless Steel submod IIRC), it worked with Third Age last time I used it.

Perhaps it is just me but could the wings on the helms be a bit more detailed? The engraving looks odd. But perhaps that's just the angle or the photos themselves.
    Yeah I noticed that too, with is really weird as textures and normals are EXACTLY like ones on gondorian soldiers. Right now Im going to try adding wings from Citadel Guard to see how it will look like.
    Last edited by Taro_M; April 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM.

Ok I created new 3D wings for Men-at-arms. Those are different wings from ones on Citadel Guard. I had to create them from scratch so results are pretty messy. I also changed wings textures a bit to make them brighter and give them more noticeable bluish tint.

In the end I think this is some improvement as now wings dont look painted on the helmet.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Beautyful!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Great
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

What will you do next, mastersmith?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

These are nice. Not too fancy since they are not elite knights. I liked them very much! They are a great improvement over the old DA units you created. The textures are so smooth , beautiful work!

Blog Entries

That looks a LOT better Taro. Great work

Ok pikemen are done. I had some problemws with pauldron clipping with body but I managed to fix that. Aside from that I added embossed stuff on cheastplate and some aditional armor for left side.