Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 315671727374757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1650

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Default Re: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Pretty good start, but I think that inverting the mountains color would be better. Also the banner I posted does have sun on it, I wonder if we could work it in somehow (just to see if it looks good). Once I get back to my PS Ill try to post my take on this.

Many thanks for helping out!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    Ok I got the final upgrade of the clansmen done. Took me much longer then I would like, but in my defense: Sims 3 is surprisingly addictive .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ok, now that I have all Clansmen models done I want to remake the old Lamedon Nobles. These guys will require more work though.

Also There is still an issue of Lamedon Coat of Arms. Here is something I found in the net:

Could someone help me out designing a CoA based on this, but one that can easly be used for armors and shields, no I dont plan any shields, Im just pointing out CoA has to be simple enough to make it possible to add it on this kind of stuff.
    How's it going to be with the shoulder armour?

Hello Taro,
    I took the liberty and came up with a few options for the Lamedon coat of arms, while trying my best to incorporate the sun, as you had directed.
    Take a look, and let me know if any of them are a step closer towards the final decision.
    Here, take a look

Thanks for the help guys.

I just realized that we completely forgot about one unit that I think must be included/remade: Greenhills Riders!

For those that dont remember them: their thing was that they were the only mounted archers Gondor would have access to.

BTW: Found a nice replacement for the Pinnath Gelin House Knights shields, the old ones were kinda meh.

EDIT: Here's my take on the Lamedon CoA.

I like how the White Tree looks like its surrounded by mountains. The snowflakes instead of stars are neat, but I decided to add a single normal one in the middle. What I really dont like about my design is how cartoonish the mountains look, they need some refinement.
    Last edited by Taro_M; February 24, 2015 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks for the help guys.

I just realized that we completely forgot about one unit that I think must be included/remade: Greenhills Riders!

For those that dont remember them their thing was that they were the only mounted archers Gondor would have access to.
    Finally, a dream come true! I have a couple of fanboy questions!
    AOR or regular?!
    Lightly or medium armored?!
    Short or long bow?!
    Thanks again for you wonderful works!

Only recruitable in Pinnath Gelin, short bows (upgrade to recurve bows), light armor, but fast, will come with dismounted version (just because).

EDIT: I just took a look at the old Greenhills Riders models, I must say that the overall idea is pretty damn good. To be honest, I already put together most of the raw mesh together .
    Last edited by Taro_M; February 25, 2015 at 05:28 PM.

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

EDIT: tried the new converter, but it didnt work for me. I keep getting errors about acces issues and I cant do any model conversions. Could someone try to convert this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2b...gers_lod0.ms3d
    Thanks to this post I discovered a GREAT flaw into my converter... and into GOM/GOAT too I suppose. Triangle indices are considered as SIGNED WORD (2 bytes) by both my software and old traditional converters (which was a concept error since the beginning... why on earth should an array index have the possibility to be negative?). But this model has so many vertices that some of the higher indices were starting to become negative because of arithmetic overflow, this is why I never spotted it before.

Now the problem is fixed, but it will take some time before I release a new version of my tool... meanwhile I converted it to MESH properly (it also had a few unassigned vertices for a hair group): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...converted.mesh

Wow, thanks for digging in this thread. I will be sure to check out the updated version of the converter. The hair problem may come from the fact it may have been the model I re-rigged quick and dirty when trying to convert it.

Will there be more Units based on shadow of Mordor like liberated men of Udun or Corsairs of Nurn?

I do have a plan for Rangers of the Gate, but others, well I didnt even seen them to be honest. Note that SoM is based at the time of Saurons return to Mordor with takes place a long time before War of the Ring.
    Last edited by Taro_M; March 07, 2015 at 03:28 PM.

I thought Sauron returned to Mordor around 2960, thats 20 years before the campaign starts and 60 years before the war of the ring. I dont think that 60 years is a long time in middle earth. But it's no Problem i am just in love with any AOR units thats why I asked

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Hehe Corsairs of Nurn.. It's illogical, sea of Nurn and all territories around this sea are owned by Mordor. Why should be there any Corsairs?

Well I did plan to have Nurn Slavers for Morder. They were supposed to be a human regional light cavalry that main job would be to run down fleeing enemies. The idea was that orcs would just eat the prisoners while slavers would take them to Nurn and put them to work as slaves.

The question with the corsairs I asked myself when playing SOM, but there this Story tells you that the People of Nurn are corsairs, which settled down there. Tolkien never wrote much about the People of Nurn, so why not take up the concept of SOM? I would also be fine with Nurnish Wildling warriors or any AOR unit

Tolkien never created a 'peoples of Nurn' at all. The region is just a holding ground for slaves and the breadbasket of Mordor. The addition of corsairs is purely game/fan fiction. No Black Numenoreans are known to have settled within Mordor itself so any inhabitants would be based off of easterlings or variags if anything. :-) Oh and Sauron returned to Mordor 80 years before the War of the Ring but the Nazgul had been preparing it for some time before that and Ithilien was attacked by Uruks of Mordor in 2475 which would mean Gondor had lost control of it by then so it is likely that SoM takes place around 2460 at the end of the Watchful Peace and 560 years before the War of the Ring.
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; March 08, 2015 at 09:10 AM.

I think SOM takes place after "The Hobbit" because Smeagol is lurking around in Mordor.

SoM is not canon, you have to keep that in mind. However I do like the idea of the Rangers of the Gate. As for the Nurn Corsairs and Udun Men, maybe I could mash them up and create Nurn Slavers? However that would come much later.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

IMO the story with slaves in Nurn more real. Nurn was used to produce food for Mordor's main army - uruks and orcs. Slaves may be taken from Ithilien, Rhun, Harad. They can have same unit quality as rebels(not rebels faction). Some wooden bad-quality spears(like dale militia in Battle of the Five Armies) and shields, clothing armour, no helmet.

What I planned were Nurn Slavers ie. guys that took other man as slaves. As for the slaves themselves: might be interesting. I remember reading that it was the slaves that tended the fields in Nurn.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

TaroM! You still going Son of the White Tower?!
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!