Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extended map project for VI II

Knutr inn Riki's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Extended map project for VI II

Hei hei guys,
    most obviously, I have to admit that it has become a bit quiet around here, but maybe there are still some scattered interested people out there...

What has been going on since....
    I have done my A-levels/High-school-diploma (the German version, so call it as you like...) in winter/spring, I have worked afterwards (some funds for studying subsequently...) and recently I am having working holidays in Australia, which will take some time, too (quite a lot to be precise), presumably until June 2014... I will not be able to make any achievements concerning game-play and all the more complex sorts of work on my own until then, since my measures are pretty limited (I am travelling with my girlfriend and we share a laptop, that at least enables me to do some graphic-work (faction symbols and stuff like that), but anyway I cannot set the modifications on trial properly, because running the game on this device is just a waste of time most of the time and its always way more a struggle, so I just avoid trying it too often...
    Yea, so far, so bad... however slow, the project has progressed at least a little bit over time:
    I have got a playable, completely finished map* (about 190 regions), historically and visually accurately designed with brand new ground textures on the strat map, accurate faction pedigrees (almost finished) and a lot of conceptual work yet to be implemented... (authentic new faction-symbols and pre-works for the planned additional factions (Munster/Muma and Strathclyde/Istrad Clud))

So, in the next time, I will have to concider how to proceed best and I will try to keep this thread up-to-date.

Cheers guys and thank you for your (unintentional) patience!

*Unfortunately I have still not managed to master the water/landmass-bug properly, which manifested itself to be as nasty as possible...

«Maiori forsan cum timore sententiam in me fertis quam ego accipiam»
    - Giordano Bruno

If you're having the landmass problem thingy, just stick a big island somewhere, just to allow you to continue your work. And when you're done with the map, you can shape that island into a 'decorative' symbol. In NI we added two lions (for Normans) and a wyvern (for English) for that purpose. You turn the sea around the island into ocean (very dark red) so that ships can't sail there, and you're done.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Thank you for your continued interest in this, knutr. It sounds like it will be a great enhancement to VI2!
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Knutr inn Riki's Avatar Foederatus

@MasterOfNone
    Thank you, I hope it will be, too
    It is really -as I guess I have stated previously- something like a personal matter to me. Even if no one else would care for the project I would definitely hang in to the mod just in order to play it myself one time.

@Aradan
    I have been stuck with this issue for over a year now - believe me, I tried.
    I get the map running with about half of the water still land-covered towards the edges of the map – it would not allow anything more than that, but I still find it annoying.
    I know the NI map and it is running properly...I just have no idea what is going on with mine. :/ Just generally, the game seems somehow 'exhausted' from a graphical point of view (I have got flickering coastlines on the Scottish coast).
    My PC is quite ‘old’ for common standards around, I suppose, and I suspected that to be a possible reason (anyway NI works fine there still...), so I actually tried to test it on two different PCs, but I think there were always some other struggles with not-properly-replaced-data and exe.s and everything, so I do not know anymore, if I those have been appropriate, significant, representable trials – so yeah, it might even be working on different devices and I think I will be issuing some sort of open alpha here, so maybe some great voluntary enthusiast can find out

Cheers!

«Maiori forsan cum timore sententiam in me fertis quam ego accipiam»
    - Giordano Bruno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12