Thread: Changing Roman voice of 'Special' commands - Warcry/Rally/Chanting

Default Changing Roman voice of 'Special' commands - Warcry/Rally/Chanting

Hi,

I have a problem with these special command sounds,

When you click on the icon on the battle map, first you hear a Roman voice, before the main sound starts.

* I have changed the main sound files, they work fine, that is not the problem.

The problem is the Roman voice when you click the icon.

Does anyone know how to change that 'click icon' sound? (Roman voice)

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Changing Roman voice of 'Special' commands - Warcry/Rally/Chanting

By "icon on the battle map". Do you mean the unit? The shield wall icon?

I don't mean the unit,

I mean the icons for Warcry/Start Chanting,

It's like a special function icon.

Thanks

in "export_descr_units_voice" in the culture you want to change. do a search on warcry. The file points to the file.

I tried changing all those, but the 'click icon' sound stayed the same?

So when you click on the "warcry" icon you hear roman voice yelling warcry? The voice is based on culture and class. You need to double check the "export_descr_units_voice.txt" file. Is it mod foldered? Are you in the proper file etc. What culture are you trying to change? What mod or game are you changing?
    Last edited by ares7667; December 11, 2011 at 02:52 PM.

Its more when I click on the 'chant' icon I hear a Roman voice saying "commander" or "yes imperator!" and then the chanting starts with the sound track I put in.

It's a similar thing for Warcry, it says "Warcry" with a Roman voice then the shouting starts with the sound track I put in.

It's the Roman voice at the beginning which needs changing, especially for the chanting one, because the Roman voice doesn't even mention chanting, instead it's "commander" or "yes imperator" which totally doesn't fit with the settings. The warcry one isn't that bad, because it is actually a warcry so I can let that slip.

all that stuff is in export_descr_units_voice.txt" file. You have to go under the culture then the voice type for the unit in question. The voice type is in the EDU. For example, lets look at the "barb druids briton" in the vanilla game. In the EDU the listing shows that the voice type is medium_1. Looking in descr_sm_factions.txt you'll find that the britons are culture type barbarian. Open the export_descr_units_voice.txt" file in notepad. Now do a find for the export_descr_units_voice.txt" file for "barbarian." When you find it listed as culture barbarian . Now search for Light_1. Find "class Light_1". Now search for chant. You'll find
    vocal Group_State_Chant_On
    event
    folder data/sounds/Voice/Human/Localized/Battle_Map
    Barbarian_Light_1_Group_State_Chant_On_1.wav
    end
    That's the file that you would think is sounded when the chant button is clicked. Instead it's using the generic entry. There are a number of these entries such as cantabrian circle also use this entry. You have to experiment with redirecting the generic entry to a differant file and seeing if it's acceptable. It's just the way the thing works.

In my Mod all factions are set to Roman and I changed all the occasions where chant was mentioned, but nothing happened.

I think you are right in the last paragraph about a generic entry, it seems that way to me too.

When you say 'experiement with redirecting the generic entry to a different file' how do I know which generic entry to focus on?

That 'export_descr_units_voice' is quite big, so looking at every entry for the generic one could take a long time.

Full respect for taking time out to discuss this.

Thanks.

What I meant was that if you unpack the sounds, then search for a likely file by clicking on the roman files. You'll notice that some are group and others unit. Check out the unit ones. The names give away what they might say. You could also record your own, put it in the sounds folder and use it instead.

ares7667 I have done it! Thanks a lot for your help with this one!

In the end, the chant/warcry special commands were being activated through a 'unit generic' sound.

I changed all the 'generic' entries and yes it worked!

I was going down the wrong path changing the 'chant' entries, it was the 'generic' entries all along.

Thanks very much!