View Poll Results: Do you support CA releasing more regions for NTW in DLC. (A global map possibly.)

Voters
743. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I support this please do so immediately CA!

692 93.14%
  • CA's time should be spent on FOTS.

51 6.86%
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition/Movement for a DLC with a Expanded (possibly global) for NTW-

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Default Re: Petition/Movement for a DLC with a Expanded (possibly global) for NTW-

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsune1189 View Post
    Well we already have the main European conflict so what's the problem with a smaller DLC depicting
    the War of 1812 just like the Peninsular add-on (given the bicentenary)? I reckon not only USAians
    but especially Canadians and also Brits would enjoy.
    I'm Australian and I don't think I would enjoy an Australia: Total War game at all.

And also everyone, sorry but it looks like that thing that was suppose to happen in 12 hours is taking much long, there are some people discussing about it to see if what I suggested is worth it. BUUUUUT, hopefully they will do it in the next couple of days.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Petition/Movement for a DLC with a Expanded (possibly global) for NTW-

And what did you suggest?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I have the impression for many Americans war of 1812 is the only thing that mattered.

But it would involded two factions for a short period, while the European theatre involves many more factions for a much longer period
    America is a larger continent than America.

I will not repeat my prevoius post, but there were napoleonic Warefare all throughout America from 1806 (British Invasion of the River Plate) to 1824 (Bolivar defeated last Spanish Army in Peru.

Involving various armies and various new great uniforms and units.

But then again. Self importance will sometimes prevail over importance.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by [N]Fullin View Post
    Fine example of oversized american ego

Patrician Artifex

A "war of 1806 to 1824 in America" may be an interesting DLC to some, but it's full size DLC, with new factions, units, maps etc. I'm not sure CA wants to try that. They are probably more likely to make an American Civil War new game.

While what we propose here, an expanded map for the European Campaign, could be done with just a new map, no new unit or factions (I'd like to see a few more, but if they stick to the current one we can still play it). It may be easier to convince CA to divert a few resources from other projects to just make a map.

Have you checked out the Napoleonic Total War 3 modification? I think it has everything you want - version 2 is coming out at the end of this month which should resolve most of the bugs...

Free download:

Offers just about everything you are talking about on this thread... Nothing in Americas - but what really would CA get out of that... Most of the people in the US or SA would not know what is being offered anyway. You ask most people about War of 1812 - they respond - what are you talking about?

CA won't return to NTW- I have heard they are planning a "Civil War" game..

No money in NTW! To CA - that is a done deal... Net profit would not be worth it....

They don't want to satisfy a few when they could be spending their time and money making a new game or add to one (Shogun II) that has been the most popular game they have ever put out....

So - they couldn't give a fig what you think. Why should they? They have to pay for saleries, overhead, design work etc. - so start thinking about CA in terms of a financial statement and not a bunch of dreamers just wanting to please everybody. This is a business operation. The CEO probably as never played any of these games in his life! All he cares about is making money.

So instead of you wasting your time on a petition - spend it better by helping out the Lordz Group in putting together a great modification in Napoleonic Total War 3... They could sure use the support - they are working with their beta testers on a superior game with no money except some payments on designer work.

Don't waste your time on a "what if" when you have a sure thing already in progress..

Spend you real time in letting people know about the mod - how much it offers to all players - including the NTW people who should at least try the mod to see if they like it....

If you were to make any petition - then petition to have CA help out this group. Ask them to supply information to the designers of this mod to assist them in keeping up their wonderful work.

My name is Kayaker on Steam

I am happy to say that I play NTW3 with a classy group of players, beta players and designers- who have the same ideals as you - but understanding the limitations - have put together a superior program.
    Last edited by Knife to the Side; December 08, 2011 at 02:00 PM.

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

I support this, it will make only good WW1 mod ive played better !
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Patrician Artifex

@Knife to the Side

Is there a new campaign map for Europe in NTW3 with more regions? Splitting England or Spain regions in 4 ?

If not your post ist completly off topic. This petition is for a new improved map. If NTW3 doesn't have one how can you claim "it has it has everything we want "

Sorry - I should have said "almost everything" - in campaign it does have new countries that can join together as allies. They have their own armies and systems to support an allied group of states.... Why do you need England as Spain split up into four seperate zones - talk about overkill...I would rather have a game that plays better in its present campaign state versus NTW than go whining to CA to change the maps. Think about the additions you "do" have from NTW3, and by the way - the mod mapmakers did a heck of a job creating all the new maps they offer.... So all you readers out there - take a look.....

"Support the Movement of a new and greater Campaign map DLC" - well good luck to you - if you get 1000 people to sign is that going to make CA rethink there present business plans involving all new games. Its easier to offer programs which show "blood and guts and decapitations'"as is offered on Shogun II. Why - because a lot more people play Shogun than any other Total War game history and CA has a market of avid Shogun fans who will spend the money. Just for fun, let's say 1000 people did sign the petition. Euro Dollars might average up to about $10 euros per DLC sold or $10,000. All right - let's even triple that number $30,000 euros - that does not even cover a programmers salary. Are they going to draw their professional mapmakers away from games in line for production within the next year to go back to an old game....

Instead of a petition - why don't you have a Business Analyst telephone CA to show them how they will make good money on a game they have already shelved.

That is why I said - help a mod that is already trying to do something really worthwhile for a great game - put your energy into looking for beta testers to help the staff of this mod.. I don't see anyone else out there doing anything with Naploeon Total War. Instead of a dream - you can go to a real live operation making the kind of changes we all want to see....
    Last edited by Knife to the Side; December 08, 2011 at 06:42 PM.

I agree to "Knife to the Side" 100percent, even though I support the petition, it is logically impossible to plan and market this game without gambling some money...

Havoc04's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Knife to the Side View Post
    Sorry - I should have said "almost everything" - in campaign it does have new countries that can join together as allies. They have their own armies and systems to support an allied group of states.... Why do you need England as Spain split up into four seperate zones - talk about overkill...I would rather have a game that plays better in its present campaign state versus NTW than go whining to CA to change the maps. Think about the additions you "do" have from NTW3, and by the way - the mod mapmakers did a heck of a job creating all the new maps they offer.... So all you readers out there - take a look.....

"Support the Movement of a new and greater Campaign map DLC" - well good luck to you - if you get 1000 people to sign is that going to make CA rethink there present business plans involving all new games. Its easier to offer programs which show "blood and guts and decapitations'"as is offered on Shogun II. Why - because a lot more people play Shogun than any other Total War game history and CA has a market of avid Shogun fans who will spend the money. Just for fun, let's say 1000 people did sign the petition. Euro Dollars might average up to about $10 euros per DLC sold or $10,000. All right - let's even triple that number $30,000 euros - that does not even cover a programmers salary. Are they going to draw their professional mapmakers away from games in line for production within the next year to go back to an old game....

Instead of a petition - why don't you have a Business Analyst telephone CA to show them how they will make good money on a game they have already shelved.

That is why I said - help a mod that is already trying to do something really worthwhile for a great game - put your energy into looking for beta testers to help the staff of this mod.. I don't see anyone else out there doing anything with Naploeon Total War. Instead of a dream - you can go to a real live operation making the kind of changes we all want to see....
    SOUND words said right there ^^
    Personally i CAN'T see CA returning to NTW, can't say it wont happen but the odds are slim indeed! Previous titles DO show us a path that CA takes. And the one path that this petition asks is a path they, i feel wont take. Make a new game release some DLC's and move on. Happened with M2TW/ETW/NTW and soon S2TW after FotS is released. If anyone can name a title that CA went back to to renew/refurbish, please tell me and ill take a picture of me standing on my head

Regards
    Windows 7 64Bit//Intel Core I7 2600k//16 Gig G-Skill 1866 Ram//Galaxy Nvidia GTX780 3gb

I honestly think this could all be solved by CA enabling the modders to change the map. long gone are the days when we could change the map at our leisure...The days of paying to unlock factions have arrived

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

All right - let's even triple that number $30,000 euros - that does not even cover a programmers salary.
    Programmers don't make 30K$ (or 22000 Euro)/month. If they expect a return of 30K$ they could "spend' 10k$ to pull their mapping team, one at a time because they do different things each from what we've been told, for a week at a time for a couple of months.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Patrician Artifex

Sorry - I should have said "almost everything"
    This thread is solely about a new map. Nothing else. NTW3 does not have a new map, and you claim it has "almost everything we need"??? Well, actually it has almost nothing we need related to the topic of this thread.

- in campaign it does have new countries that can join together as allies. They have their own armies and systems to support an allied group of states.... Why do you need England as Spain split up into four seperate zones - talk about overkill...I would rather have a game that plays better in its present campaign state versus NTW than go whining to CA to change the maps. Think about the additions you "do" have from NTW3, and by the way - the mod mapmakers did a heck of a job creating all the new maps they offer....

That is why I said - help a mod that is already trying to do something really worthwhile for a great game - ... I don't see anyone else out there doing anything with Naploeon Total War. Instead of a dream - you can go to a real live operation making the kind of changes we all want to see....
    Thanks for all these suggestions. Perhaps one day I'll think about starting a mod. Good you are here to open my eyes, why didn't I get the idea sooner

I don't really think you deserve more answers, your complete lack of respect for other modders or others needs is appalling. Like you alone know the Truth about what is good for the game.

NTW3 are not the only one modding the game. We can mod a lot of things, what we cannot mod is the map. So we can petition CA for that AND mod the other aspects of the game at the same time.
    If you want to content yourself with only one aspect, your loss.

If anyone can name a title that CA went back to to renew/refurbish, please tell me and ill take a picture of me standing on my head
    Thanks for the offer to sacrifice yourself to the cause. If someone from CA reads it I'm sure it would be a serious incentive to take this petition into account. How could they miss the opportunity to have a poster of you in this compromising position in their office?
    Last edited by Steph; December 09, 2011 at 02:54 AM.

Havoc04's Avatar Tiro

I'm SURE it would be
    Windows 7 64Bit//Intel Core I7 2600k//16 Gig G-Skill 1866 Ram//Galaxy Nvidia GTX780 3gb

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

CA won't return to NTW- I have heard they are planning a "Civil War" game..
    Not really. There is no need for a stand alone civil war game when you play "The Blue and the Grey" or "North and South" for Empire or Napoleon!
    CA can't make it better then we did it so far
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by [N]Fullin View Post
    I'm just not sure what to make of that statement

Is it meant to say America is a larger continent than the USA? Or just North America maybe?

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

(Shogun II) that has been the most popular game they have ever put out....
    Seriously? I absolutely cannot believe that... I like NTW quite a bit better, and ETW even better.

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

"Knife to side"

What are you talking about men?Nobody cant say that the NTW III team has not done a piece of high quality work.But your way of presenting it shows no respect the work of other modders(do you even know some other mods except of NTW III?).Maybe you have a lot of true in your posts but a lot of blindness is there too.I think you dont really understand what this petition is all about?And for others reading this thread.Yes maybe it is like shooting in the dark but we can try to do atleast something.Everybody can sit,do nothing and wait that something would happen but thats not the way the things are done.Maybe that this is a lost battle but after all we can say"we have tryed".Anyway,sorry but i have to react to this.No offence to you Knife.

Hello

I never vote on this forum or make alot of posts but i both vote (yes) and reply to this thread because CA will possibly profit from creating an extended map. Profiting not immediately but by cementing their fanbase and ensuring the communitys loyalty to the franchise, and it would be quite unique of them doing this aswell. A possibility for CA to credit themselves with it afterwards, something to be proud of and show on their homepage, that they listened to the community and aided alot of mod developers.
    If CA should read this thread and still decide not to undertake this it would be nice to hear their point of view to this in my opinion very good request.

Regards, Fedual