View Poll Results: Do you support CA releasing more regions for NTW in DLC. (A global map possibly.)

Voters
743. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I support this please do so immediately CA!

692 93.14%
  • CA's time should be spent on FOTS.

51 6.86%
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition/Movement for a DLC with a Expanded (possibly global) for NTW-

Default Re: Petition/Movement for a DLC with a global map for NTW-

Does anyone known of any of this petitions were ever responded and came to life?

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by [N]Fullin View Post
    Does anyone known of any of this petitions were ever responded and came to life?
    No idea, but I think some people are too pessimistic about this. If we were to rally up many, many supporters to this idea, there's nothing that says it won't happen. I might be a bit optimistic, but I'll support this until CA says "No, we're not doing it".

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

They finally made a blood patch for Shogun from users request.

So why not? They said they won't release a map editor, but they could make a improved DLC if they see enough demand (ie they expect to sell enough)

Highlander_23's Avatar Semisalis
    Somewhere over the Atlantic, Way up high etc etc

Great work everyone! Thanks for the support! I left Craig TW a message, and hopefully next week he will check out this thread. Great work to everyone, and I think we are proving that the fans can work together for the Greater Good. Hopefully we will revive NTW in CA's eyes. Great work and Plus rep to several supporters who gave very good valid contributions to this discussion by the way.
    Last edited by Highlander_23; December 04, 2011 at 11:59 AM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=487997
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ER]

Default Re: Petition/Movement for a DLC with a Expanded (possibly global) for NTW-

If anyone wants to use my sig to support this, you are more than welcome to do that

Default Re: Petition/Movement for a DLC with a Expanded (possibly global) for NTW-

As I have read all the comments on this thread, many things have come to mind. One of them is that a whole map of the world will be very contriversial for some countries ( for say.... north korea) and other nations that do not want to be "spied on". The second is that making a whole map of the world would take a good some of money, so a dlc map would probably cost money, and maybe even be as much as the game itself. Along with all this, you would have to add many regions to the maps, and you can only have so much I imagine, which could restrict australia and china to say, 5 regions each.... whereas a good dlc campaign would have probably around 400 regions on the whole world map for good gameplay. ( I derive this estimate from the big map mod for mtw2, spacing 199 regions on a map rougly 1/5 the size of the world [crude estimate], although I am not experienced in this type of stuff)

One thing that the creative assembly could do is implement theatre wide campaign maps ranging the whole entire world in parts rather than one whole.... like what they did for the napoleons campaigns feature in ntw.

Aside from all the challenges of doing this, I think that the idea would pay off. Very few games implement a complex campaign and battle system, let alone the whole entire world on a campaign map in good detail. Also, it would provide large opportunities for mods and give players a sense of involvement in the game.

I very much would like to see a world map for this game, however, I think that it is not the most likely thing to happen, as it seems as though CA has made campaign maps generally smaller over the years for the total war series, and even if they are bigger campaign maps, there are very little modding oppurtunities out there for signifigantly different forms of gameplay... with rome total war as an exception.

The economic cost for planning this thing alone will cost alot I assume, as I know designing small sections of roads and beltways in towns can cost 8mil just to plan from prior knowledge, and I can't even imagine how much it would cost to design essentially another game when only about 10,00 have even seen this petition (thus far)...

I hereby sign this petition, by virtue of whatever the heck CA will be able to do
    Last edited by aqualord123; December 04, 2011 at 02:09 PM.

Foederatus

While I cannot vote in this poll, I certainly will "sign" the dotted line as well. However, I still believe that CA can do a tremendous amount more by at least providing our modders with some of the base information concerning how the mapping is put together. In all honesty, I would much prefer they provide us with that info than providing another map that most of us will likely disagree on the presentation anyway.

Highlander_23's Avatar Semisalis
    Somewhere over the Atlantic, Way up high etc etc

Great sig Wsq! If you can please make one with North America. (The US and Canada.) I will use that sig later without a doubt to spread the word. Plus rep and thanks for your support.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=487997
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ER]

Well, Well! Isn't this interesting?

About 1-1 &1/2 yrs ago, I was #1 Hated on this subforum and Why? Because I gave CA a second chance and people smeared poop directly on me!

Nevertheless youngins' I did complain LOUDLY about this and got Shireknight on the official forums to make a poll up.

It is what it is! Let's hope for the best by FIRST releasing the pre-order units. Make sense?

Later
    hellas1.5.......still winning

i hope but doubt it. Not just the modding potential but also vanilla potential, it would be great to march with napoleon in D.C. or India. Event better was to put the improvements of this game in empire. Think about it

Here's a North American map sig for anyone to use;

Don't forget to link it to this thread

r3deed's Avatar Semisalis

my suggestion is to make a thread about petitions
    where all the petitions are placed. maybe the moderators could stick this thread next to features requested so that all member of the TWC could support any petition. also, at the same time CA could check this easily. depending on the number of supporters a petition has the more likely CA respond to it.

however, I wish if the feature of creating fort should be brought in this dlc.

Sebidiah's Avatar Miles

Not going to happen buddy.
    Sherbet Lemon

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Signed!

+rep for bringing it up

Also, please, please... MORE REGIONS FOR ETW TOO!
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Craig said a lot of things.
    Exactly.

I talked with Craig in a 4 eye chat while testing shogun 2. He said that they were thinking adding the wounded animations from shogun 2 to ETW/NTW via patch. Nothing happened..

But a new province DLC (especially a new north america with lot more provinces) would be still good for our civil war mod
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

very interesting

PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Exactly.

I talked with Craig in a 4 eye chat while testing shogun 2. He said that they were thinking adding the wounded animations from shogun 2 to ETW/NTW via patch. Nothing happened..

But a new province DLC (especially a new north america with lot more provinces) would be still good for our civil war mod
    Patch for wounded animations?

Are they serious?

I mean , they gave us a game with no working columns, a bad square , a 45 minutes gametime tiny campaign map, wrong uniforms, no modding tools and 5 playable MP maps.... and they think about a wounded animation patch?

Really?

Iam sure you got it wrong
    or these guys have lost all contact with their community,
    or they read the forums with a "criticize filter google add on", that only shows the "your awesome guys" messages.
    Or
    they think we are stupid (we probably are considering the fact that we are all here signing this petitions.

or they just dont care.

(Iam more incline towards this one)

Wounded animations.....

really?

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Patch for wounded animations?

Are they serious?
    This was just a small part of the whole chat. I mentioned the cool wounded animations and that NTW is missing such details. This was his answer, they had/have more ideas for a patch then adding some features of shogun 2.

But this is 10 months old now so I don't think we will see any DLC or patches any more.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by aqualord123 View Post
    As I have read all the comments on this thread, many things have come to mind. One of them is that a whole map of the world will be very contriversial for some countries ( for say.... north korea) and other nations that do not want to be "spied on". The second is that making a whole map of the world would take a good some of money, so a dlc map would probably cost money, and maybe even be as much as the game itself. Along with all this, you would have to add many regions to the maps, and you can only have so much I imagine, which could restrict australia and china to say, 5 regions each.... whereas a good dlc campaign would have probably around 400 regions on the whole world map for good gameplay. ( I derive this estimate from the big map mod for mtw2, spacing 199 regions on a map rougly 1/5 the size of the world [crude estimate], although I am not experienced in this type of stuff)

One thing that the creative assembly could do is implement theatre wide campaign maps ranging the whole entire world in parts rather than one whole.... like what they did for the napoleons campaigns feature in ntw.

Aside from all the challenges of doing this, I think that the idea would pay off. Very few games implement a complex campaign and battle system, let alone the whole entire world on a campaign map in good detail. Also, it would provide large opportunities for mods and give players a sense of involvement in the game.

I very much would like to see a world map for this game, however, I think that it is not the most likely thing to happen, as it seems as though CA has made campaign maps generally smaller over the years for the total war series, and even if they are bigger campaign maps, there are very little modding oppurtunities out there for signifigantly different forms of gameplay... with rome total war as an exception.

The economic cost for planning this thing alone will cost alot I assume, as I know designing small sections of roads and beltways in towns can cost 8mil just to plan from prior knowledge, and I can't even imagine how much it would cost to design essentially another game when only about 10,00 have even seen this petition (thus far)...

I hereby sign this petition, by virtue of whatever the heck CA will be able to do
    8 million to make the map larger? (not sure if thats what you mean). If it is...well that's not possibly true, modders did it for free in rome, people that work in CA have the ability to do it here. Just either make another theater (or two) and extend the edges of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I hope they won't do that, the ETW map is even worse than the NTW
    I meant, for instance, transferring the america's and India. obv keep Europe the same or enlarge it.