View Poll Results: Do you support CA releasing more regions for NTW in DLC. (A global map possibly.)

Voters
743. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I support this please do so immediately CA!

692 93.14%
  • CA's time should be spent on FOTS.

51 6.86%
Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition/Movement for a DLC with a Expanded (possibly global) for NTW-

Highlander_23's Avatar Semisalis
    Somewhere over the Atlantic, Way up high etc etc

Default Petition/Movement for a DLC with a Expanded (possibly global) for NTW-

In this thread craig at CA said that DLC might be possible that will add more regions, instead of a map editor. Why not? Think of the modding potential. If NTW modders had a full globe map anything could be done, from Modern Warfare Mods, to Era mods where Napoleon would try to invade the Americas, or if TGW team had a global map, America could get involved in WW1 much sooner. Or if Asia And Africa could be included, colonial wars could be represented in a Victorian era mod in the event that we don't see A Victorian total war until 2013. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=493944&page=6

( Q. Instead of giving a map editor, would you consider making a DLC just with an updated campaign map with more regions if you get enough demand?

As with any type of business, demand makes the world go round - so if enough people wanted it we’d be fools to not consider it. )
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=493944&page=6
    Craig said it was possible if enough support was gathered, for ca to release dlc that adds new regions. Think of the modding potential if CA released NTW dlc that included a full world map like in ETW. If TGW team could implement this into their game, then the mod could involve many more regions. So please vote yes in this thread, with the hope of this being achieved.

Cheers for the help everyone,
    Highlander.
    Last edited by Highlander_23; December 04, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=487997
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ER]

the mysterious F's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Petition/Movement for a DLC with a global map for NTW-

i hope but doubt it. Not just the modding potential but also vanilla potential, it would be great to march with napoleon in D.C. or India. Event better was to put the improvements of this game in empire. Think about it

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

This isn't going to happen, its not financially viable for Ca.

I understand your opinions but as Craig Said if the community voices support, then it could happen. Anyone who would like this should show some support, because if it did happen, it would benefit NTW greatly.

ER]

Probably never going to happen, but one can dream, can't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Yes one surely can. Twenty minutes and 3 votes already. Give it a month or two and this might happen. Thank you everyone, you are all part of something that may revolutionize total war.

ER]

I'll support, would be fantastic to have even a few new regions, regardless of the chances of success.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Supported, but I'm afraid this won't happen because:

- Napoleon is dead for them, they are concentrating on Shogun 2;
    - Even if they were to consider it, it wouldn't be for Napoleon, but a feature for the next game.

Not trolling or anything, this saddens me as well, just giving you the facts.

EDIT: Well Craig's post gave me some hope, but I won't hold my breath.

Bucle_CT's Avatar Semisalis

I would certainly pay for a DLC like that. NapoleonTW is a great game with an excellent game experience but the final feeling is that the campaign map it is too restricted.

I know Napoleon's campaigns where, despite the Egypt adventure, mainly in Europe, but the real attractive of total war games is, not only revive history, but rewrite it, so, why not having Napoleon invading Asia? or trying to recover the Louisiana? , etc

Deffinetly yes, this would be a great DLC to be purchased.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

As the originator of the idea, I fully support it. However, I think we should petition for a reallistic goal, i.e. an improved European map for the campaign of NTW (a world map is IMO more unlikely to happen).

A DLC for Napoleon, with just a European map change, no new units, no gameplay changes, may be relatively easy to do for CA (i.e. not too costly), but I'd gladly pay it a good price (up to 20 €, 3 times what they charged for the Peninsular campaign) if it includes the changes outlined below.

Here are the main changes I'd like to see. Perhaps we could create a thread to keep tracks of all of them?

The must have: region which are really too big, and need to be cut in 3 or 4
    1) Split England region in 3 or 4: South East (London), North, Center, South West. With one port in each of them (instead of 4 ports in the same region).
    2) Split Spain region in at least 3 : Andalusia in the South, Castille with Madrid in the center, Galicia in the North West, with one port in each of them (instead of 4 ports in the same region).
    3) Split France region in at least 3 : Lyonnais in the East (Lyon), Charentes/Poitou in the West (Nantes), keep France in the center (or better add Auvergne and Bourgogne)

Regions that need to be cut in two, since they were relatively important and shouldn't be conquered in only one siege.
    4) Denmark: Sjaelland and Jutland (the continental part / the island part, it should be necessary to control both to capture Denmark).
    5) Sweden: Götaland in the South, Svealand (they should have Norrland but it's out of the map).
    6) Holland
    7) Portugal : Lisbon / Porto area
    8) Balkan: Bosnia / Serbia
    9) Rumelia : Make Istanbul separate from Rumelia
    10) Little tartary : Split the Crimean peninsula-East part and Western part (with Odessa)
    11) Minsk / Belarus is too big
    12) Austria : Austria and Carinthia

Regions that can be cut in two to have more historically correct faction
    12) Wurttemberg: Baden / Wurttemberg
    13) Northern Italy: Lombardia / Etruria (or Tuscanny)
    14) Croatia : Croatia and Dalmatia

Regions that could be cut in two (to avoid the "double names")
    14) Cut Picarcie-Champagne and Alsace-Lorraine into two regions each.
    15) Moldova / Bessarabia
    16) Estonia / Livonia

Regions that could be added (without really extended the map)
    17) Malta
    18) Anatolia to make Ottoman more interesting. Perhaps cut in 2-3 regions

Regions that could be added (with extension of the map). I wouldn't push too strongly for that, since it requires extended the map it may mean more work, perhaps CA won't do that.
    19) Algeria as Ottoman protectorate
    20) Tunisia as Ottoman protectorate
    21) Morroco as Ottoman protectorate
    22) Egypt (just the coast, we just need one province)
    23) Palestine
    24) Crete
    25) Cyprus

Plus a few more towns, and some corrected city locations, since adding region would have course mean more settlements are needed

Suggested map, splitting regions and adding some of the edge, but without extending it
    Last edited by Steph; December 03, 2011 at 02:18 AM.

Patrician Artifex

And important point:
    I'd prefer by far having the same map of Europe with the same coverage, but more regions, than a Global Map of the world, but the same region in Europe

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

This isn't going to happen, and I think I would rather CA working on a new game, LIKE ROME 2

EDIT: I change my mind, maybe CA should work on making their old games greater. BUT I CANT CHANGE MY VOTE NOW
    Last edited by Dee Jay; December 02, 2011 at 04:36 AM.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    This isn't going to happen, its not financially viable for Ca.
    agreed, it's nice thought but CA has written this game off

hip63

Bucle_CT's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    As the originator of the idea, I fully support it. However, I think we should petition for a reallistic goal, i.e. an improved European map for the campaign of NTW (a world map is IMO more unlikely to happen).

A DLC for Napoleon, with just a European map change, no new units, no gameplay changes, may be relatively easy to do for CA (i.e. not too costly), but I'd gladly pay it a good price (up to 20 €, 3 times what they charged for the Peninsular campaign) if it includes the changes outlined below.

Here are the main changes I'd like to see. Perhaps we could create a thread to keep tracks of all of them?

The must have: region which are really too big, and need to be but in 3 or 4
    1) Split England region in 3 or 4: South East (London), North, Center, South West. With one port in each of them (instead of 4 ports in the same region).
    2) Split Spain region in at least 3 : Andalusia in the South, Castille with Madrid in the center, Galicia in the North West, with one port in each of them (instead of 4 ports in the same region).
    3) Split France region in at least 3 : Lyonnais in the East (Lyon), Charentes/Poitou in the West (Nantes), keep France in the center (or better add Auvergne and Bourgogne)

Regions that need to be cut in two, since they were relatively important and should be conquered in only one siege.
    4) Denmark: Sjaelland and Jutland (the continental part / the island part, it should be necessary to control both to capture Denmark).
    5) Sweden: Götaland in the South, Svealand (they should have Norrland but it's out of the map).
    6) Holland
    7) Portugal : Lisbon / Porto area
    8) Balkan: Bosnia / Serbia
    9) Rumelia : Make Istanbul separate from Rumelia
    10) Little tartary : Split the Crimean peninsula-East part and Western part (with Odessa)
    11) Minsk / Belarus is too big
    12) Austria : Austria and Carinthia

Regions that can be cut in two to have more historically correct faction
    12) Wurttemberg: Baden / Wurttemberg
    13) Northern Italy: Lombardia / Etruria (or Tuscanny)
    14) Croatia : Croatia and Dalmatia

Regions that could be cut in two (to avoid the "double names")
    14) Cut Picarcie-Champagne and Alsace-Lorraine into two regions each.
    15) Moldova / Bessarabia
    16) Estonia / Livonia

Regions that could be added (without really extended the map)
    17) Malta
    18) Anatolia to make Ottoman more interesting. Perhaps cut in 2-3 regions

Regions that could be added (with extension of the map). I wouldn't push too strongly for that, since it requires extended the map it may mean more work, perhaps CA won't do that.
    19) Algeria as Ottoman protectorate
    20) Tunisia as Ottoman protectorate
    21) Morroco as Ottoman protectorate
    22) Egypt (just the coast, we just need one province)
    23) Palestine
    24) Crete
    25) Cyprus

Plus a few more towns, and some correct city locations, since adding region would have course mean more settlements are needed
    I concur with you than a world map is , maybe , too much, due to that'd force CA to make new units for asiatic countries like China (Japan units are already done) and african units as well, but a world coverage similar to that in Empire TW is perfectly doable for CA , and that shold mean you only need to add some indian units, as the middle east(and north africa) can be done using Ottomans, and American independent ex-colonies, like US, Mexio or the Great Colmbia use mainly european-like units. Finally, native americans didn't have an important role in this part of history, so they could be 'elegantly' ignored...or released in another DLC...WARPATH 2!!!! (to be clear, this last point is intended to be a joke)

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Good idea but i think this not gonna happen.I´m slowly loosing trust into CA and their way of doing total war games.Atleast one thing what they can try to do.Give out the tools for editing Empire map and reprogram Empire on the Napoleons improved engine.The rest would be in the hands of modders.But if you take a look on how good is the buying quote of these games even after years you must admit why should they do something like this.Utopia.Anyway.Woted for yes.

Patrician Artifex

According to CA, making a new campaign map takes MONTHS . That's why I'm thinking adding regions to an existing map is probably a lot more realistic demand than a whole new world map.

Dream on, FOOLS ! Better ask CA for a Conan: Total War, you'd probably have more luck....

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Yes the regions are a good point.But i can imagine a more detailed world map.With many small towns,ports maybe villages.So you can more focus on the economy and political part of game.Shorting the movement range of armys and completly overhaul of time flowing in game.

Patrician Artifex

Although it could be nice, this is more a new game than a DLC we could reasonnably ask.

If we want anything to happen, we have to ask for something that has a chance of happening

A few more regions seems fair, a few more towns also, but I don't expect we could have a map with a different scale or villages.
    Last edited by Steph; December 02, 2011 at 07:55 AM.

Hi, Having a large campaign map with all the factions represented on it would be wonderfull, but we have to be realistic. The current map, whatever we say, is still quite good, and simply by correcting a few inaccuracies and adding a few cities which are severly lacking on the map would change a lot the perception of the campaign
    For example, adding cities on the coastal area where there is nothing (North Africa, Turkey), splitting a few regions, etc. In that, I fully agree with Steph's message
    But make no mistake; this is Napoleon Total War, the areas of the world which are really interesting are Europe, Egypt and Spain.

Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast