Thread: [LME]House Rules for France

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Default [LME]House Rules for France

Kind of old, but might be fun to try.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-You can train 999999 National guard, as Napoleon was very popular, and National guards arent super-soldiers.
    -Napoleon MUST have his Old Guard Grenadiers with him ALL the time!! If you army shows cowardly, you must: Give general second change, with SAME army he lost with. If he fails, dispand him.
    -You can NOT ally with Napoleons enemies longer than 5 turns
    -If you fail to you FIRST attempt to capture Moscow, you must return back to France
    -In EVERY battle you must keep 2-6 of you ELITE Grenadiers/Chasseurs to cover you General, and as ultimate reserve. If you "guard"(those elite units) retreats, you must fall back all you forces, and leave remaining guard infantry to cover you retreat, as Old Guard did in Waterloo
    -If one of you allies gets attacked, you MUST go help him, or send him 30 000 (yes, you read it right!) money so he can build up his armies. If its his only/last city, you must go help him with you armie(s)
    -If you ally falls, you must reconguer those areas, and liberate them.
    -If you capital is attacked, you must re-capture it IN 4 turns, or campaign is lost!!!
    -If TheRomanRuler gots bad day, you cannot play this wonderful mod
    -Max 4 cav and 4 art per army!!! (if 20 units per army)
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; September 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Default Re: [LME]My house rules as France or its allies only! (where i post them?)

Nice

Default Re: [LME]My house rules as France or its allies only! (where i post them?)

Quote Originally Posted by KDK View Post
    Nice
    well thanx but where i actually post it? I remember sometimes seeing thread for them can`t remember where
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; December 08, 2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: corrected spelling

Default Re: [LME]My house rules as France or her allies only! (share yours!!)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    well thanx but where i actually post it? I remember sometimes seeing thread for them can`t remember where
    Good initiative+Rep

Thread made sticky

Default Re: [LME]My house rules as France or her allies only! (share yours!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Good initiative+Rep

Thread made sticky
    You made me happy

Default Re: [LME]House Rules for France

Here's some house rules I thought of for the 1792 campaign.

- You may not have more than 2 regular fusiliers per army until 1794, all other line troops must be National Guard or Militia
    - You may train as many Chasseurs and other line-type skirmishers as you want, but they cannot fight in closed ranks, they must fight in open order as skirmishers.
    - Armies may only have one light cavalry or heavy cavalry unit per army until 1794
    - You must retake the lands from the Royalistes francais (Caen, Bordeaux, Rennes) before engaging in any substantial offensive actions outside of France
    - Napoleon must command the army (or armies) that attacks Italy, but must remain in Paris until the royalists are defeated.
    - Polish Legionary troops may not be used until Poland is defeated, and may not be used at all if Poland survives.
    - France must declare war on Austria in Late April 1792, even if the royalists have not been defeated yet

Default Re: [LME]House Rules for France

Now that i return to Nap TW after break from Total Wars due to Rome 2 Total Horrible, i decided to make new house rules:
    -Napoleon`s old Guard must always be with Napoleon, and Old Guard grenadiers has to be ultimate last reserve in battle, "what if there is another battle tomorrow?" - Napoleon
    -Do not use grenadiers in newly raised armies, they were (if i remember correctly) raised from best soldiers after few campaigns or so
    -armies can not have more than 4 artillery (20 unit size, 6 that if you use 40) and 4 cavalry (20 unit size, 7 if you use 40), historically they were expensive and more or less rare and artillery was often counted cannon by cannon
    -Recapture any cities your allies have lost and gift them back
    -All of your field armies must have at least 1 light infantry unit and 1 skirmisher unit (assuming you can train both, and i don`t mean unigue units but generic line soldiers), historically they were used for all kind of non-battlefield jobs as well as on the battlefield jobs, and were very important even if not used in battlefield
    -All your field armies must have at least 1 unit of cavalry, they were eyes and ears of an army, despite limit i set earlier
    -(independent) Poland must be kept off the map (sorry Poles, but hope for a independent nation was big reason why so many Poles volunteered to join Napoleon`s forces) if you play as Napoleon or one of his allies
    -Make sure you always have soldiers covering your general, his staff are made of officers of all kind, they were not bodyguards, Guards were raised by all militaries for a reason, modern day you can cover huge areas with only few machine guns, back in the day you needed massed formations of soldiers to do anything (which is why most pre-WW2 beach landings you see in hollywood were just that, Hollywood, and not something that really happened, opposed beach landings almost never happened)
    -Something i missed? Some NTW issue i forgot? In any case do not be gamey, but remember that this is a game, and it is not wrong to win battles in 5 minutes instead of 5 days
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; May 21, 2014 at 05:07 AM.