Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: -- Preview of High Elves --

Default Re: -- Preview of High Elves --

@ Louis Lux:
    just three wishes:

I must say I'm a big fan of visible armor-upgrades

could you please make an armor-upgrade for the Nóretirno-Units?
    Perhaps one that gives them the armor of the Silvan-elves-unit Woodland Warriors.
    (And perhaps vice versa, let the Woodland Warriors start with the look of Nóretirno and then turn into their actual visualisation via upgrade?)

the upgrade of the Lindon Longspears is somehow a bit dissatisfying.
    I think it would be better if they wouldn't wear the golden armor under their dress, but visible like the other high-tier-units.
    perhaps forgo the helmets and cloaks, but make the appearence of the armor more visible.

please create an armor-upgrade for the militias.
    perhaps a leather-armor like the starting-Lindon Longspears wear under their dress.

then the high-elves would be really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mondpeiler View Post
    @ Louis Lux:
    just three wishes:

I must say I'm a big fan of visible armor-upgrades

could you please make an armor-upgrade for the Nóretirno-Units?
    Perhaps one that gives them the armor of the Silvan-elves-unit Woodland Warriors.
    (And perhaps vice versa, let the Woodland Warriors start with the look of Nóretirno and then turn into their actual visualisation via upgrade?)

the upgrade of the Lindon Longspears is somehow a bit dissatisfying.
    I think it would be better if they wouldn't wear the golden armor under their dress, but visible like the other high-tier-units.
    perhaps forgo the helmets and cloaks, but make the appearence of the armor more visible.

please create an armor-upgrade for the militias.
    perhaps a leather-armor like the starting-Lindon Longspears wear under their dress.

then the high-elves would be really awesome.
    Isn't it a bit lore based how the Silvan armor looks different from the High Elves one?

I don't know if this is the case, but this being a suggestion I think you might have better result by posting this under the suggestion thread.

These guys are the best infantry I have seen, had a fight with Dwarfs Iron Guard 3 units vs. 3( yes, we were at war, they started it):

Beautiful work as always. Just a bit of personal input, apologies if someone has already covered any of these:

Compared to the Eldarinwe Cavalry, the General's Bodyguard seems a little...I don't want to say bland, but maybe slightly understated? The colours of the cloth also seem a little dull for an elite bodyguard.

The Mithlond nobles are...absolutely beautiful, but the maroon tunics seem a bit ...odd? They lack the uniform of a high-tier military unit, at least to me. I always figured Mithlond's colourscheme would be blues and greys - reds and purples seem more fitting for Imladris - Rivendell being a testament to the surviving might and prosperity of the Elves, Mithlond representing their steady decline and 'fading' from Middle Earth. Personally I would have given the Mithlond nobles blue and grey, with only silver armor instead of silver and gold, and the Imladris Riders reds and/or purples. The grey helmet variant also seems an bit odd, given the Elves' skill in metalwork - what material is that supposed to be? Maybe that'll help me a little.

I feel like the Lindon Longspears could use a helmet in their armor upgrade, given the level of armor they're equipped with otherwise.

Finally, the Smiths of Eregion. I'm not really sure how to approach this, but compared to the other models they just don't gel as much as I'd like them to. I think my biggest issue is that the chainmail texture is applied excessively to the model - there needs to be more going on in the overall garb to make it seem less bland - maybe patterns, straps and buckles to break it up a little? The shield seems awkward, as well...though I'm not sure how. I don't think the design really accounts for the shape well, and the texture feels 'flatter' then the other shields. The mail-hood annoys me too, but I get what you're going for and there's no easy solution...it just doesn't fit in with the established style of the other designs. Also, the hammers are brighter then the armor, I'd suggest giving the armor more saturating to fit, as I feel it's too washed out, again comparing it to other designs in the line-up.

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out. I just want to clarify that this is all just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking, and that the current designs are completely out of this world.

Amazing work and great modelling these elves ty for taking the time to make a preview

Beautiful work! Can wait for that epic battle with the "new-last alliance of men and elves" and bring that fight all the way to the black gates!

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderCurtis View Post
    Beautiful work! Can wait for that epic battle with the "new-last alliance of men and elves" and bring that fight all the way to the black gates!
    Can't***

Amazing Mod.
    Fantastic Job with noddling the Elves, that's why i used them the most! , Got to love those archers. Rain of Death.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

I just set the Eldarinwe Swordsmen as my wallpaper.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

very nice

Just one word: EPIC!!!

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Added paragraph to the op regarding permissions:

Regarding the use in sub mods of the models and textures of the high elven units, they may be used freely as long as the unit models are not reshaped or made to fit other textures other than the ones originally intended for them. Also the textures and skins may not be edited without my consent which includes but is not limited to cutting, colorizing, texture overlaying or obstructing. Any questions related to permissions feel free to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Added paragraph to the op regarding permissions:
    hi sir how you doing I hope good, I see your holy permissions for this units to release mithlond as a new faction as seen here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-187!/page189 thanks.

seek not see I cant edit comments sorry for this.