Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EasyEsf for NTW (30/11/2011)

Default Re: EasyEsf for NTW (30/11/2011)

I would just like to thank husserlTW for this amazing program, had a few hiccups first time round but after reading through this thread, I'm modding away!

Great program But now I have a problem, Ive created a startpos from a savegame, and in this startpos no army can move from the region they are in, I never expected that problem

Can I fix it?

Have the army commander available movements points?

Yes, the blue color is in the other region but when I hold my mouse over it it becomes a X, just if I would try to move an army to the water.
    Last edited by Fonsy; May 11, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

I did what you've mentioned, however, my esf files still remained unchanged. That's mean my esf file was still the old one, can anyone help me?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I have a somewhat similar problem.

EasyESF never actually save my changes

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Alright, after about 3 hours and a million tries, I swallow my pride Husserl and come to ask for help.

I am trying to make Scotland playable and a republic for a mod. They would hold the Scotland region and such. However, when I try to mod them to hold Scotland manually, the game crashes upon loading the campaign, and when I try to make them playable without switching any regions using EasyEsf, the game crashes upon loading the campaign as well. What am I doing wrong, number one (made them playable, made them un-emergent, made Austria unplayable, saved), and if I can't fix it, Husserl, can you please do it for me?

Would someone please help me. I installed this ESF editor and I cannot, for the life of me, find a way to open my darn saved game file. I can get these esf editors to work with Empire and Shogun, but this one isnt working for me. Please help. Ive downloaded jave, jruby, three downloads for this editor. After all of this, it has to work to make it worth the trouble and effort. Thanks in advance!

Şeyhülislam's Avatar Libertus

Guy how can ı solve this problem

Ok, everything is working ok. It says that it has changed the treasury to what I want and that it has updated the esf. I am the admin, so that is all good. But when I go to copy and paste my new startpos file over the old one and copy and replace. Get into the game and start a new campaign. The money is still 6500 instead of 10000. This is very confusing when I have tried so many things. The thing I notice is that it never changes the update date for the esf file. But shows under properties that it has changed it with todays date to the left of the old date. My brain is ready to blow up. Is there anything else I haven't thought of.

Never mind. With alot of will and ambition. I got it to work.

I have a question. Which esf I have to use when I want to make an emergent faction playble (in coalition campain) change slots of emergent city and add special culture building?

Does EasyEasf_1_1_.7z patch also need to be run for Easy ESF NTW directory?

Last download attached EasyEasf_1_1_.7z and decompress it in EasyEsf for ETW directory, overwriting the existing files. This update fixes some problems occurred in FACTION page when changes were saved.

I have a question. If I wants to change a province from 1 slot to 4 slots, and used it with Napoleon Total Factions All Emergent then what startpos.esf and regions.esf i should use ?
    Sorry for my bad English though.
    Many thanks.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Aomari View Post
    what startpos.esf and regions.esf i should use ?
    I used the Easy Esf editor that HusserlTW has provided to change out units, otherwise it is limited in what it can successfully change in the startpos.esf files.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=498159

I tried to run it on my Win 7 x32 bit OS but I could not get the STARTPOS & REGIONS esf files to save.
    I ran it on a Win 7 x64 bit OS and success

You must have the correct version of Java installed (64 bit) prior to installing East Esf
    Then follow the install instructions and make sure jRuby installs and remember to add Nokogiri
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 24, 2015 at 09:46 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Did you make some extensive testing?

I was told by someone who tried before you than adding slots to towns could create crashes, but not immediately, after a few turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Did you make some extensive testing?
    Adding slots to the SP Campaign game with Easy Esf or manually by using the ESF editor 1.4.5 is possible, but from my lengthy experience it creates unstable game play later in the campaign causing CTD's. This may be due to the inability to upgrade these new slots after they have been added. It's best to let the player & AI fill in the building slots naturally during the campaign game as it progresses through the turns.
    You can upgrade the existing building slots from say Barracks to Drill School with no problems
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 24, 2015 at 09:55 AM.

Patrician Artifex

That's not a problem, I'd be happy to just have empty slots anyway.
    I want the player to be able to create buildings so he can recruit everykind of troops in every region.
    Lelvel 1 building will be cheap and fast to build, it's to get higher levels that it would be expensive.

Have you tested if the AI can use the slots and recruits normally?

That's a good idea Steph, I'll check the in game recruitment by the AI. I'm sending a boat load of my Prussian agents over to see what the Limes are up to today and I'll have them report back ASAP
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 10, 2012 at 09:35 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Thanks for testing it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast