Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EasyEsf for NTW (30/11/2011)

Default Re: EasyEsf for NTW (30/11/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Make sure that ou have installed the latest update. If you fail once then you should start over because xml have been corrupted so there is no point on continue changes. Changing treasury is a very easy modification. The row of fail-success, fail-success, etc. is normal and I have explained in details what is happening when a windowed application is monitoring a console one.
    It dosnt work Latest version, tried several times. O well, Im getting used to that nothing works for me

Its WORKING, hurra! Just reinstalled all (tool for ETW, for NTW, java and jrugby) and have a result!
    husserlTW, many thanks!

I am very exited to use this tool, however whenever I hit start, it tells me that my esf must be over 100b and that its not a valide file, even though I know it is.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I had the same. Check you start as administrator, it's probably because you don't have administrator privilege and the tool cannot create the necessary temporary files.

THANKS +REP

nvm can't now as I have giving to much for you masters of Europe... but I will be sure to when I can

EDIT, it now kind of works, it says esf conversion has failed Please exit and start again, but then after you click ok it says convert esf success

and also some the the select a faction dropdowns have no factions
    Last edited by General George S. Patton; January 03, 2012 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonsy View Post
    This is my problem tooo, and I have put it on the desktop!
    Try this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post10832319

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    That didnt work, but I reinstalled everything, and now it woooorks!!!!!!!

Amazing program!

husserlTW could you upload the old esf editor plz? I would like to try out if i can edit with it the darth mod 40 units coalition campaign save file.
    nevermind, i did find it already
    Last edited by Jean-Roch Coignet; January 21, 2012 at 01:03 PM.

Hey ur tool doesn't have one of regions in India
    which is Goa. I can't find that in victory condition menu please enter it.
    Thanks.

There is no Goa region, Goa is just the capital. If you go in REGIONS and select regions by faction ownership you'll see what the region name is.

Thunk you for your great work. I hope making a invulnerable general option in next version.
    A general can be respawnable like Napoleon by changing the 32th Boolean from False to True in
    startpos.esf/CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/(factionname)|FACTION_ARRAY/(factionname)|FACTION/CHARACTER_ARRAY/GENERAL|CHARACTER_ARRAY/GENERAL|CHARACTER.
    Last edited by mochi; February 26, 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Hello, I have the following problem. I installed the program EasyEsf program works, but does not save the changed data, what's the problem? Please help me.

Troubleshoot:

There are many difficulties reported by some users completing changes successfully using EasyEsf.
    These problems are caused because of:

1. UCA issues.
    2. Folders Privileges.
    3. Bad installation of EasyEsf, JRuby or/and nokogiri.
    4. A previously modded file with EsfEditor that has changed file's structure.

If you want to mod an already modded file I suggest you make your first the change in a clean vanilla startpos and then try to change the modded one. You can also try the following tips:

1. Execute exe as admin straight from file and not using shortcut.
    2. Reinstall jruby and nogogiri.
    3. Copy whole directory of EasyEsf in a place outside Program Files folder and if available in another HD

Alternatively you can use use Taw's esf2xml converter to convert your startpos to esf (alternatively you can try also this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=438386, it works with startpos of all games). After you have completed conversion, copy the XML folder in EasyEsf directory, replacing the existing XML folder if any. Run EasyEasf, make your changes, then copy back XML folder to converter and convert xml2esf. In this case you cannot use the menu individual changes but the 3 buttons in first page (campaign, faction and region) where you can make individual or large scale changes. Also there is no point to use the Start and Build buttons.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Husser, as I told you in a pm, EasyESF fails to generate a startpos when I check "Line of sight". Does this also happen because I've started from a modded startpos (the one you did for coalition campaign in DM)?

My startpos have already Line of Sights.

Is the true the program does not save files starpos only if they have changed to this?

If there are changes done manually with EsfEditor that have changed the structure of the file then perhaps EasyEsf is confused as it cannot find an element where it is expected.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Hello Husser, when adding slots, you have to add a building to it or can you leave it empty? I tried letting it empty and the startpos wouldn't load.

Also, is there a limit to the number of slots which can be added?

Yes you have. There is not actually a limit, you can change as many cities you like, but I suggest to change 3-4 at a time, test, keep backup and proceed. Also every time you make a mistake (e.g. you forget to add a building), close EasyEsf and re-start Building Slots procedure. Have also in mind that I made a startpos where I changed all the minor faction capitals but it produced corrupted saves.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast