Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Pack and Hattori Clan DLC announced and released today!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Blood Pack and Hattori Clan DLC announced and released today!

and again people seem to think CA is a charity group..I would love to know where you guys live where everything is free and for a company to actually charge for an honest product is frowned upon....

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    This is correct.

Also, this was definitely a community-driven thing. If there's something you're passionate about it's absolutely worth banging that drum, as this eventual release proves.
    Not going to lie, the community has been asking for mod tools for years, they have even asked for the uniform editor you promised. And they have been asking for modifiable maps. So saying it was the passion of the community is wrong.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    and again people seem to think CA is a charity group..I would love to know where you guys live where everything is free and for a company to actually charge for an honest product is frowned upon....
    I heard someone say something similar when a tramp begged for some food or money. I gave the quid.

Funny how some people think that Capitalism and greed no matter what are the way to go. How about being Human every now and then and just NOT charge? Just as some say, `Hey it`s just £1 why not pay?` I could turn it around and say, `Hey it`s just £1 why not make it free?`

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    Nice rhetoric, but hollow in the circumstances. Charging $73 is plenty for S2 + dlc to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    I heard someone say something similar when a tramp begged for some food or money. I gave the quid.

Funny how some people think that Capitalism and greed no matter what are the way to go. How about being Human every now and then and just NOT charge? Just as some say, `Hey it`s just £1 why not pay?` I could turn it around and say, `Hey it`s just £1 why not make it free?`
    Not looking at it from a business stand-point. You don't know how many hours this pack took, how much it costs to have the team working all those hours, etc. etc.

Very different from giving someone money. Asking for a business to give something away for free is like asking, "Can you spend millions of dollars to give us stuff for free?" (Blood Pack did probably not cost millions)

Thanks for putting blood in CA. I know you guys listen to us and that means something.
    War is peace.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    Okay, so I just played three battles, both from RotS and Vanilla (but with all DLC units) and here is what I've noticed:
    1) Blood effects by themselves are great. Even for a veteran gamer and avid movie watcher, the blood letting here makes the stomach churn. I haven't seen this much samurai bloodshed since Kozure Okami!

2) The blood spurting effect from arrow hits is really satisfying, and for the sake of gameplay, I'm not too concerned about realism (as I'm sure some here will be). I bow hunt every season, I'm not looking for realistic blood spurts from arrows here.

3) The decapitations fit the animations, and you all know which animations should have had them. Well, now they do, and it's bloody gross - as in AWSOME bloody gross!

4) Arrows are no longer the nice looking attracitve brown with shining broadheads. They're very dark, actually too dark. Craig/CA, can we get the originals back?

5)Blood splattering the screen really puts you there, very immersive.

CA, thanks for this, what a pleasant surprise! Put's great character in the game until the next expansion comes out.
    ...Any more of these little cookies in the future to tied us over?
    I wasn't interested earlier but this makes me think twice. Maybe I'll get it. Just need to skip lunch today...

Haven't played any TW since Skyrim though....

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post

It only cause you £1 if but it already cost CA much² more to produce that.

Yes they have a choice either to give it for free or not. Their choice.

So do you.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; November 30, 2011 at 06:56 PM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post

We’re also thrilled to announce the release of the Hattori Clan for Shogun 2. Originally available as part of the Limited Edition, we’ve taken the decision to release this clan to a wider audience in response to keen customer demand.

If you opt to purchase the Hattori pack, you’ll get the most powerful battlefield ninja available, an extra historical battle scenario, extra armour and an XP injection for your Avatar. The Hattori Clan can be played in single and multiplayer campaigns and in online battles.
    Great news Craig! Im really excited that CA is releasing this! I bought the Limited Edition and I've always had a guilty feeling that others didnt have the opportunity to play as them, its a really fun clan, all your descriptions are accurate

Cheers!

I have some concern regarding the Blood Pack. Modders can already do this, without ever asking for money. I havent tried it yet, and from the general reaction, it seems like its pretty darn awesome and maybe better than what modders can do.

That being said, I still feel uncomfortable that CA is charging a small amount of money for this. With all the major Cyber-Security issues hitting left and right, it doesn't seem like a 2$ online transaction is worth risking having your credit card info stolen.

Steam has already has security breaches in the last month, so speaking for myself, I dont really want to risk it.

What are CA's thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Grythius Avalorius; November 30, 2011 at 07:07 PM.
    The Canadian Corps: Mount Sorrel, 2nd Ypres, Vimy, Arleux, Hill 70, Passchendaele, Amiens, Hindenburg Line, Canal du Nord, Mons.

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Well you know what they say... "all good things come to those who keep harping on"..... well done devs and all that malarkey!
    lol
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

you all complain to much just hush and pay the 1.50 also they did it so it would stay at a teen rateing and ps the blood is well done
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Grythius Avalorius View Post
    That being said, I still feel uncomfortable that CA is charging a small amount of money for this. With all the major Cyber-Security issues hitting left and right, it doesn't seem like a 2$ online transaction is worth risking having your credit card info stolen.
    I use debit card where I only transfer a bit of money there everytime I want to purchase something online.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Nobody is entitled to anything there is no such thing as a free lunch and nothing in life is free end of discussion.
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

I have played TW since rome. It's sad to see so many sheep on TWC nowadays. Vanilla Shogun II was boring and then to be nickel and dime to death by dlcs is pathetic. I got terraria for $10 off steam and it has given me so much more fun than Shogun II ever did. Mods for Skyrim, released just 2 weeks ago, already make the game better. But if you are happy that you have to pay for things that any self-respecting developer should patch for free, but rather only patches after the community @#!# and then charges for it, wow, just wow. Look to terraria if you want to see a developer that respects its customers. Steams stats and the deep discounting shows how truly popular Shogun II is.
    Last edited by boatie; November 30, 2011 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I use debit card where I only transfer a bit of money there everytime I want to purchase something online.
    Debit cards aren't the same in every country. Here in Canada, we can't use regular debit cards for online purchases, it must be a credit card. Atleast this is the case for me in Calgary attempting a Steam purchase.
    The Canadian Corps: Mount Sorrel, 2nd Ypres, Vimy, Arleux, Hill 70, Passchendaele, Amiens, Hindenburg Line, Canal du Nord, Mons.

Quote Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
    Wouldn't authentic sieges be basically sitting around for months/years waiting for all the people inside to die of starvation or something? That seems to be the usual course of action for sieges... wouldn't make for very interesting gameplay.
    Not if your Lord Wellington.

- "..it says so in the Scriptures.."

Seriously !? Paying for Hattori DLC yeah why not , but for a blood pack , some extra graphic settings, this is an insult for the gaming industry.Its not about 1.60 Euro , hell I think I can find 2 euro on the street but the charging for money just for a few extra graphic settings , whats next AA unlock DLC,unlock high and ultra graphic settings DLC , extra menu bar DLC , + flowers on campaign map DLC , naked Ona bushi dlc ( actualy I`ll pay for that , I just gave one 20$ last night so ) ). If I were you I would make this blood pack free.I always hated the Idea of DLC it`s disguisting just a reason for companies to suck more money. Anyway my point is don`t become too greedy you will loose your comunity this way and I won`t buy the DLC I`m sorry but i can`t encourage this kind of thing.
    Last edited by Pseudolivius; November 30, 2011 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawandorder82 View Post
    you all complain to much just hush and pay the 1.50 also they did it so it would stay at a teen rateing and ps the blood is well done
    The price isnt the issue for me, I would pay 1.50 cash no problem. I just dont trust the online security.

And the Teen Rating is awesome, but that doesnt apply to every country. Germany, Austria, and Switzerland cannot purchase the blood pack due to local restrictions (not, repeat NOT CA's fault).

Huh, what?

I'll pay double price for something like Hattori, but blood pack..seriously CA?IAt first i thought someone was joking around.

Can someone tell me which law of what country exactly requires that gore has to be purchased in order for game not to be forced to change rating?

I don't care about $1.50 or whatever , but there are some principles, sorry...If you really need some extra money , i have no problem donating it to you, but i ain't buying this.

Why do people keep blowing this whole Blood Pack thing out of the water? Do people honestly think DLC is like some terrible plague, the Black Plague of the internet, and that suddenly devs will give you nothing but the middle finger, and then make you have to spend $50 in DLC to make your game "normal"? It's just a small thing, utterly cosmetic, that they charge a fee for because it'll prevent the game from being pulled off shelves and re-rated.

Nobody is entitled to anything there is no such thing as a free lunch and nothing in life is free end of discussion