Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Pack and Hattori Clan DLC announced and released today!

Default Re: Blood Pack and Hattori Clan DLC announced and released today!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    Only about year after release I don't think I'm going to judge it to hard based on total sales so soon. And some sheep. been playing since Rome, don't feel betrayed one bit. If you don't want to pay for it, don't. simple as that.
    One year old and on sale at times for 3/4 off its initial price and that's not a sign that it did not do well? I didn't feel betrayed. I felt bored and moved on. As for sheep, well, I leave justification of CA's great strategy for building a loyal customer base to the sheep. I can't fathom their thinking.

zipdad's Avatar Civis

The company as a whole but the ultimate goal is to maximize profit so you make as many burgers as possible or you get fired... Its simple they charge money for product with the goal to make a profit. If they gave it away free it wouldnt be a corporation, it'd be a charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grythius Avalorius View Post
    Most profitable, or highest selling? (There is a diff)

I have no quarrels with Empire, it actually has the highest (by 500) hours on my steam account.
    But to compare replay value, Empire is very restricted in what you can do over and over again....Medieval 2? Mods that span 1000 years, not to mention Westeros and Middle Earth..
    Empire was my favorite, and shogun has been excellent, but ill vouch that they simply lack the same replay value of M2 and Rome. Still play Empire the most though, they're my favorite battles, just the campaign map that drags it down.

Quote Originally Posted by boatie View Post
    One year old and on sale at times for 3/4 off its initial price and that's not a sign that it did not do well? I didn't feel betrayed. I felt bored and moved on. As for sheep, well, I leave justification of CA's great strategy for building a loyal customer base to the sheep. I can't fathom their thinking.
    More people were buying the first shogun 3 years after it came out than when it first came out.

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

They did it so not to get an m Rateing also they did not do it first when the game came out because they wanted a Teen Rateing and to sell the game to many places at once if they did with blood, and it had a Mature rating they would not be able to sell it to a lot of places.
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    More people were buying the first shogun 3 years after it came out than when it first came out.
    Darth, you are actually very nice in your responses so I will not be rude to you and just leave it like that, lol.

Sgt.Valenzuela's Avatar Civitate

DLC for blood...... just plain milking it! This small thing should been in the game...

Would love to see RTW2 but it is going to be like a Puzzle of DLC....... unless you buy all the DLC you wont be able to enjoy the full game...... but I'll hope it wont be like that...

"They did it so not to get an m Rateing also they did not do it first when the game came out because they wanted a Teen Rateing and to sell the game to many places at once if they did with blood, and it had a Mature rating they would not be able to sell it to a lot of places. "

Easily could have made it as a optional download on there site to patch it in.

Quote Originally Posted by boatie View Post
    Darth, you are actually very nice in your responses so I will not be rude to you and just leave it like that, lol.
    lol alright then. Glad I dodged that bullet

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Valenzuela View Post
    DLC for blood...... just plain milking it! This small thing should been in the game...

Would love to see RTW2 but it is going to be like a Puzzle of DLC....... unless you buy all the DLC you wont be able to enjoy the full game...... but I'll hope it wont be like that...

"They did it so not to get an m Rateing also they did not do it first when the game came out because they wanted a Teen Rateing and to sell the game to many places at once if they did with blood, and it had a Mature rating they would not be able to sell it to a lot of places. "

Easily could have made it as a optional download on there site to patch it in.
    I think it is simply astounding that everyone is attacking CA for giving us blood and gore dlc that includes brand new assets as well as animations and calling them bandits and crooks meanwhile Paradox just released payed dlc for frigging sprites...and no one is about it..aaaannndddd it costs more...seems there is just a touch of anti CA bias going on that I am frankly sick of dealing with every damn time they make a move...

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    I think it is simply astounding that everyone is attacking CA for giving us blood and gore dlc that includes brand new assets as well as animations and calling them bandits and crooks meanwhile Paradox just released payed dlc for frigging sprites...and no one is about it..aaaannndddd it costs more...seems there is just a touch of anti CA bias going on that I am frankly sick of dealing with every damn time they make a move...
    not attacking just making a statement....

paradox? what do they have to do with Total War? I could careless about whatever game that is for....

Dealing with? who says you have to deal with it? that's a problem you need to sort out yourself...

Its been a while since I posted anything, not that I'm any sort of staple of this site. I generally come here looking for mods for my TW games and little else. But you know what?

The blood Mod is awesome. And it cost me 1 dollar and 50 cents. Yep, I think its great, and no, I don't mind being charged a dollar for it. I honestly can't believe the wave of whine that has blasted through here. Its a fun mod, its gory as all hell, it looks good, and its only a dollar fifty. I just wish they'd do the same thing for Napoleon as well. But you know what? I have no complaints, I think this is a great addition to the game. Thank you Creative Assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanparth View Post
    Its been a while since I posted anything, not that I'm any sort of staple of this site. I generally come here looking for mods for my TW games and little else. But you know what?

The blood Mod is awesome. And it cost me 1 dollar and 50 cents. Yep, I think its great, and no, I don't mind being charged a dollar for it. I honestly can't believe the wave of whine that has blasted through here. Its a fun mod, its gory as all hell, it looks good, and its only a dollar fifty. I just wish they'd do the same thing for Napoleon as well. But you know what? I have no complaints, I think this is a great addition to the game. Thank you Creative Assembly.
    to me its not the price, its fact that such simple thing is being charged, regardless of price. It just opens the door for more simple additions to be made DLC.. Hopefully some can understand what I am saying.

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

Supply and demand nothing in life is free you are not entitled to anything
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

to me its not the price, its fact that such simple thing is being charged, regardless of price. It just opens the door for more simple additions to be made DLC.. Hopefully some can understand what I am saying.
    I can udnerstand your fear, I just think it's irrational and unlikely that it's going to become a huge problem. But I do understand your argument I will be kind sad if this feature isn't included in future Total War titles. Or at least offered as a free download seperate from the game so that they don't have to worry about the Rating thing.

Also, Craig, this effect will be ported to FotS right?

Agreed. Like another poster already said: Where does this end? By you guys saying that 1.50 is no big deal for red pixels, you are giving them the confidence to start charging for other graphical updates.

When Rome 2 comes out, are you going to pay extra for graphics, units, factions and extra maps?

Back in my day, we didn't have to pay extra. (To clarify, I am not comparing small DLCs to the larger Retail Only expansion packs that added half a game to the current base game)
    Last edited by Grythius Avalorius; November 30, 2011 at 09:21 PM.
    The Canadian Corps: Mount Sorrel, 2nd Ypres, Vimy, Arleux, Hill 70, Passchendaele, Amiens, Hindenburg Line, Canal du Nord, Mons.

Quote Originally Posted by Grythius Avalorius View Post
    Agreed. Like another poster already said: Where does this end? By you guys saying that 1.50 is no big deal for red pixels, you are giving them the confidence to start charging for other graphical updates.

When Rome 2 comes out, are you going to pay extra for graphics, units, factions and extra maps?

Back in my day, we didn't have to pay extra.
    Exactly! imagine RTW2 with only 3 roman factions playable with the other 10-13 faction DLC for $4.99 each. I doubt they will do this but hey... with statement like...

"Supply and demand nothing in life is free you are not entitled to anything" - lawandorder82

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

[delete]
    Last edited by Huberto; December 02, 2011 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    Overheard in a pub somewhere near Horsham, UK:

You want blood? Here, have some blood then, you sadistic little 's.
    But it's gonna cost ya -- $1.59 muahhha!! ahahahah!!! ahahahah!!
    That pub must have a killer night life!

Exactly! imagine RTW2 with only 3 roman factions playable with the other 10-13 faction DLC for $4.99 each. I doubt they will do this but hey... with statement like...

"Supply and demand nothing in life is free you are not entitled to anything" - lawandorder82
    Oh, but get ready for 'The Marius Reforms' DLC pack. For 5.99US you can have all of the Late Republic Legionaries.
    The Canadian Corps: Mount Sorrel, 2nd Ypres, Vimy, Arleux, Hill 70, Passchendaele, Amiens, Hindenburg Line, Canal du Nord, Mons.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

No CA! This is unacceptable! You have crossed the friggen line with this one! You are selling us a graphical option that was available in previous titles, an option that we users have been able to mod in the game ourselves for generations, that we've been asking for since Empire to be RETURNED to the series. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, AND DOWNRIGHT DIRTY AND A SLAP TO THE FACE TO YOUR CONSUMERS.

Why should we buy something that we can just mod ourselves? Or are you going to limit modding even further to prevent this? I cannot believe the sheer audacity of CA in this move to sell us a blood pack when they have shown in the past they're able to just give it to us. They are taking something users have asked for for a long time that would increase battle immersion and epicness and instead of being truly considerate and saying "we know the community has been asking for this for awhile, so here's a patch that will enable blood" they're making us pay for it!

CA has turned into a DLC company. I am extremely disappointed by this move. It was one thing with "Rise and Fall of the Samurai" packs, one thing with Napoleon, extra units, even extra clans (although I feel that pushes the bill from games like Rome where nearly every nation was unlockable for free), but this? No CA, this is not ok. You have completely lost my respect for this company, nearly this series. I hope you will think twice about moves like this in the future, and by God hope you may even change your minds about this blood "DLC". Else you have permanently lost a customer, since I cannot condone these "whorish" ways. I didn't with any other game that became DLC dependent, and I won't start now. For the sake of the series, change your ways CA.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.