Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Pack and Hattori Clan DLC announced and released today!

Blackwolf's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Blood Pack and Hattori Clan DLC announced and released today!

Seems CA is heading into a Golden Age of production!
    I for one am loving CA right now haha

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    For what it's worth, nice to see the Hattori for people who wanted it.

As much as I'd love to expand my S2 game, $3 for blood seems questionable. What do people think of it so far?

A Siege of Kawagoe DLC would be nice, though.
    Okay, so I just played three battles, both from RotS and Vanilla (but with all DLC units) and here is what I've noticed:
    1) Blood effects by themselves are great. Even for a veteran gamer and avid movie watcher, the blood letting here makes the stomach churn. I haven't seen this much samurai bloodshed since Kozure Okami!

2) The blood spurting effect from arrow hits is really satisfying, and for the sake of gameplay, I'm not too concerned about realism (as I'm sure some here will be). I bow hunt every season, I'm not looking for realistic blood spurts from arrows here.

3) The decapitations fit the animations, and you all know which animations should have had them. Well, now they do, and it's bloody gross - as in AWSOME bloody gross!

4) Arrows are no longer the nice looking attracitve brown with shining broadheads. They're very dark, actually too dark. Craig/CA, can we get the originals back?

5)Blood splattering the screen really puts you there, very immersive.

CA, thanks for this, what a pleasant surprise! Put's great character in the game until the next expansion comes out.
    ...Any more of these little cookies in the future to tied us over?

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    but piracy or community-made blood mods are valid example based on the argument that you described to me, the one about prices stopping underage kids from getting their hands on the mod and surprising their parents by having a samurai unleash a waterfall of blood in a T rated game, a hypothetical that would lead ESRB to change the rating. yeah right.
    Mods aren't much of a valid example though, because they don't cause any kind of real outcry. Considering you have a game like Oblivion, that has full-blown sex mods in the game but you never hear about it. It's only when the company that makes the game does something outside the rating, does it ever cause any kind of reaction.

Could anyone submit/show a screenshot from the settings page of the "Blood Pack DLC"?
    How much rate can I set the game's bloodiness?

Quote Originally Posted by Edorn View Post
    Could anyone submit/show a screenshot from the settings page of the "Blood Pack DLC"?
    How much rate can I set the game's bloodiness?
    On or Off.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
    Mods aren't much of a valid example though, because they don't cause any kind of real outcry. Considering you have a game like Oblivion, that has full-blown sex mods in the game but you never hear about it. It's only when the company that makes the game does something outside the rating, does it ever cause any kind of reaction.
    I`ll agree here. It seems if modders do it, no one minds, but if a company does it every one does. Oblivion had basic nude characters if you removed the `underwear`, big hoohaa. Bethesda had to officially `fix` models to make them not naked, but when modders got round that about 6 months later and we now have dozend of nude mods, no one cares. I still don`t get why nudity is such a big issue with people while they happily sit and watch wargames or films where people are killed in their thousands qute horribly. But that`s Humans again- A contradiction to themselves.

I still don`t buy the charging money excuse, just give it a rating like every other 18 rated game and that`s it.

But this begs another question.... Why not just make it so modders could have done it for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    Okay, so I just played three battles, both from RotS and Vanilla (but with all DLC units) and here is what I've noticed:
    1) Blood effects by themselves are great. Even for a veteran gamer and avid movie watcher, the blood letting here makes the stomach churn. I haven't seen this much samurai bloodshed since Kozure Okami!

2) The blood spurting effect from arrow hits is really satisfying, and for the sake of gameplay, I'm not too concerned about realism (as I'm sure some here will be). I bow hunt every season, I'm not looking for realistic blood spurts from arrows here.

3) The decapitations fit the animations, and you all know which animations should have had them. Well, now they do, and it's bloody gross - as in AWSOME bloody gross!

4) Arrows are no longer the nice looking attracitve brown with shining broadheads. They're very dark, actually too dark. Craig/CA, can we get the originals back?

5)Blood splattering the screen really puts you there, very immersive.

CA, thanks for this, what a pleasant surprise! Put's great character in the game until the next expansion comes out.
    ...Any more of these little cookies in the future to tied us over?
    Just caught a decapitation. yes, that was pretty good. I still believe the `blobs` of blood need fixing though. However, I do certainly `feel` more for the men now unlike before... those spears really are sharp and those men aren`t writhing on the floor for no reason!
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; November 30, 2011 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    I`ll agree here. It seems if modders do it, no one minds, but if a company does it every one does. Oblivion had basic nude characters if you removed the `underwear`, big hoohaa. Bethesda had to officially make models not naked, but when modders got round that about 6 months later and we now have dozend of nude mods, no one cares. I still don`t get why nudity is such a big issue with people while they happily sit and watch wargames or films where people are killed in their thousands qute horribly. But that`s Humans again- A contradiction to themselves.

I still don`t buy the charging money excuse, just give it a rating like every other 18 rated game and that`s it.
    The issue with the rating is the game is already released. If it wasn't, well, this topic would be entirely different. Changing a rating on a game, that is already released, takes a lot of time and money.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

The blood effects are awesome in the first person camera, the splatter on the screen is really fitting in that perspective. Check out these screenshots I took.

Decapitiation in progress...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And a dying Samurai
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
    The issue with the rating is the game is already released. If it wasn't, well, this topic would be entirely different. Changing a rating on a game, that is already released, takes a lot of time and money.
    The DLC already rated 18. Go to the Steam site and take a look. So I have no idea what you`re trying to say But hey you wanted to have a go at me didn`t you? ahhh.

Stryker's Avatar Libertus

That is EPIC, I must...own..it! I hope they do this with all TW games from now on =)

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    For what it's worth, nice to see the Hattori for people who wanted it.

As much as I'd love to expand my S2 game, $3 for blood seems questionable. What do people think of it so far?

A Siege of Kawagoe DLC would be nice, though.
    I kinda hate to say it, but it`s worth it. On principle they shouldn`t charge, but it`s worth it.

While the blood`s over the top a bit, it certainly adds new meaning to the battlefield and you really feel sorry for that poor guy who just got his throat cut open by an enemy spear on your behalf!

Recommended.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    oh i read it, it doesn't change anything though. give me the actual proof that having a free but not obligatory add-on would change the rating of the game. how does charging for it magically remove this supposed rating change?
    Absolutely in agreement here. Craig has strongly implied they had to charge folks but offered no detailed explanation whatsoever. Until then, I'm calling CA out for not releasing this as a freebie -- i.e.as a "make up" to all the people who've been requesting blood since ETW.

PS - I'm not one of them.

This is now a $75 Warscape engine game with the dlc -- and very limited modding
    Last edited by Huberto; November 30, 2011 at 05:32 PM.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

good news .

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

I'm gonna get off the bandwagon here and just say that the blood splatter is way too much. Also, the color and the pure "texture" of the blood seems like it's set to low instead of high. I like that CA incorporated blood into the game, but I don't think they did a very good job at it. The blood splatter is to say the least a bit too much, but I can bear with that as long as the blood has decent color, (more dark red) and more fluid and "soft". Right now it just looks like a bucket of red paint. Or well, slightly better than a bucket of red paint.

What ?! I have to paid again if I want blood effects ?!

Why don't you make dlc for shadow effects ? And perhaps in the next TW we will have to buy a dlc for every color we want in the game, otherwise it will be in black & white ?

That's really scandalous. Don't take us like fools for too long, dear CA.

I'm really scandalised, this should be a free option, like turning on/off the bloom effect.

That's all for me. I won't buy anymore of your games or dlc. Enough.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    What ?! I have to paid again if I want blood effects ?!

Why don't you make dlc for shadow effects ? And perhaps in the next TW we will have to buy a dlc for every color we want in the game, otherwise it will be in black & white ?

That's really scandalous. Don't take us like fools for too long, dear CA.

I'm really scandalised, this should be a free option, like turning on/off the bloom effect.

That's all for me. I won't buy anymore of your games or dlc. Enough.
    Do people even read the thread to know why you have to pay for it?

I Don't care of that stupids excuses. I don't believe any word. Ca only want to make money despite their beautiful words. The facts are here: if you want more minor content, you will have to buy for it.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

[delete]
    Last edited by Huberto; December 02, 2011 at 10:56 AM.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

nice to see them have the balls to add something like that, but its more despicable for them to charge for it.. should have been optional in the game from the get go.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    I kinda hate to say it, but it`s worth it. On principle they shouldn`t charge, but it`s worth it.

While the blood`s over the top a bit, it certainly adds new meaning to the battlefield and you really feel sorry for that poor guy who just got his throat cut open by an enemy spear on your behalf!

Recommended.
    Good to hear. I am, however, oddly remaining stubborn on this DLC. Perhaps the post-christmas Steam sale will encourage me to get it.

In any case, it's refreshing to see that SEGA cleared something that I know people have been requesting for some time. In fact, two things!

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious