View Poll Results: Why did you stop playing MP - More than one choice is optional

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was never interested in MP - SP is the way Total War is meant to be played

57 46.72%
  • I had a difficult time finding people to play with

17 13.93%
  • OP units turned me off

26 21.31%
  • I was tired of playing Level 10's

28 22.95%
  • Balance - Too many variables make people SPAM

37 30.33%
  • It got boring

23 18.85%
  • I too don't know why I stopped

6 4.92%
  • Other... (please state your reason)

20 16.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why You Stopped Playing Multiplayer...

Default Why You Stopped Playing Multiplayer...

When S2 came out... I was pretty devoted to MP and was very excited about the whole experience. I was like, "YES... I have finally found my MP RTS game that I have been searching for since CoH... and addictive, fun and growing MP experience."

However, after a few weeks/months it lost its luster...

But why? I'm still trying to put my finger on it, but can't. I loved an auto match system and thought the customization of units to be absolutely awesome...

So here is my Poll... maybe to help myself understand:

PS - How do I edit my Poll... I would like to add additional options, especially when other people's new reasons are added
    Last edited by Ragga; January 09, 2012 at 08:51 PM.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Why You Stopped Playing Multiplayer...

i just found it boring and pale in comparison to singleplayer
    OP units and veterans made me lose so many battles i just quit
    spam was annoying
    trying to get new units was annoying

Because Shogun 2 without mods is 5/10
    With mods 10/10
    And finding someone who has same mods and same settings in multiplayer is pretty much impossible.

Jakeler's Avatar Civis

I remember me and my brother played 2v2's first like week straight we went HARD on multiplayer there was 2 matches I can remember that just made me upset. One match we came up against 2 guys who have obviously been playing togeather aswell, on a map that was like a gorge we set up on one side of the gorge as they set up on the other all 4 of us basicly just sat there doing nothing for hours untill we finaly said it and went for it... we got absolutely smashed trying to fight uphill... till that match we were undefeated. 2nd match we came up against 2 guys who just spammed all royal guard Calvary and they ended up smashing through out spear samari. Now of coarse that was the first 2-3 weeks of the games release Im not sure if they have nurfed or changed things but we quit due to we felt there were to many exploits.

I tried a bit of it, but the poor matchmaking (lvl 3 vs. lvl 10 constantly) eventually got the better of me. The abundance of undesirable characters online also helped to make S2TW a SP-only game for me (the way it should be, to be honest, in my opinion).
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Works works works.

Because MP campaign rules ! ( except desync hope it ll be fixed ).
    And our laptops won't run 2vs2 without extremly lagging.

I ll try it perhaps when I ll have my new computer.

But for me it s MP campaign which makes Napoleon and shogun 2 interesting , if it was for SP only I won t buy total war games anymore or only on sale, I would be playing MTW2 or RTW with mods. AI is too bad in etw and ntw (both CAI And BAI) to make SP interesting.

SgtScooter's Avatar Civis

It was fun in the first four levels or so. After that I was placed with tons of 10-stars (too many of whom spammed Monk Matchlocks). If I created a battle manually, I had to wait far too long for someone of my level to show up.

The multiplayer battles were occasionally interesting, but Total War has always been about the campaign for me. By the way, coop campaigns are awesome.

Miles

I picked "I had a difficult time finding people to play with " because with the matchmaking system I was sitting for 20 minutes+ waiting to find a match. That with everything that contributed to clan progression selected. My avatar is only 6 or 7 stars and I have no reservations about playing against better equipped players- it's good learning in my opinion. If I only had to wait a few minutes to get a match- that would be fine. But when I was really jonesing to play on a Friday/Saturday evening (when I figure most people would be able to play) I'd get nothing.

I'd still play it more if I didn't have to wait so long.

Indefinitely Banned

I didn't stop. Thanks CA for patching it and making it the best total war multiplayer ever

Desync :'(

Civitate

It's mainly a SP game, so I just focus on that since I get more fun out of that..

I never did. It gets annoying some times, but every game does.

unbalance + got borig + got APB!

I chose other. My top four reasons:

1. Never really got that into it in the first place, I've always been more of a SP guy.
    2. Too busy to play games in general.
    3. Since I was a late bloomer in MP it's hard to get into it with all the 10 stars, and their veteran armies.
    4.. The rather cruddy MP community. I like to hold the TW gaming community to a higher standard than other online gaming communities. I like to think that we are a more intellectual and polite breed. But alas, every time I play online I seem to run into 2-4 players who make me feel like I am playing CoD.
    Last edited by The Doubtful Guest; January 10, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

As I am starting playing the Closed Beta... I am once again very excited!!! However, I think I now know why it started to fade --- small funds and low lvl generals is awesome... period!!! it feels balanced and feels like two even armies at the whim of a general...

I remember as I leveled up and so did my opponents, the vast variety of both units and unit skills started to become too much and the battles became more of what you choosed that who the general was...

I'm glad I'm a low level right now... but know when I begin to move up... more and more of the battle will be based on my units... and NOT MY SKILL.

to Tyler_the_Great --- do you see what I'm saying... does SH2 MP still feel that it is more your units than the skill of the general???

Neoton's Avatar Ordinarius

Because there is no matchmaking system(just picks a random person)...

If you quit multiplayer, you probably lost a lot. And thats understandable and all since S2TW is really hard to be good as a low level player, but im sure thats the main reason for most, rage quit due to excessive losing.

Being placed with rank 10 players and prestigers who have lots of vets that camp with cav spam and bow monks etc. Got annoyed after awhile...

Having to play in order to get new units was really annoying. The mindless spam attacks were also a contributing factor. It got quite boring fighting endless waves of Loan Swords.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast