Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Pack and Hattori Clan DLC announced and released today!

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

CA Developer Icon Blood Pack and Hattori Clan DLC announced and released today!

Good afternoon,

Hot off the back of yesterday’s announcement of the Fall of the Samurai standalone expansion, we are thrilled to announce more brand new Downloadable Content for Total War: Shogun 2.

For years, fans have been requesting blood and gore in our games. We’ve decided to rise to that challenge. We’re therefore today announcing the Blood Pack for Shogun 2 – an exhibition of cinematic blood and gore - bringing decapitations, limb-removal and all kinds of splatters to the battlefield. We’ve put a lot of effort into new particle effects, unit animations and visual tweaks to introduce a really visceral experience.

We’re not fans of doing things by half-measures so we’ve gone all-out in our depiction of battlefield violence. Expect to see buckets of the red stuff!

Please note, that this content has a higher age rating than Total War: Shogun 2. In PEGI regions, it’s 18+ and rated M in North America. Unfortunately the Blood Pack is not available in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

The Blood Pack will also be compatible with the upcoming Fall of the Samurai and any existing or future Shogun 2 DLC, as well as the core game.

We’re also thrilled to announce the release of the Hattori Clan for Shogun 2. Originally available as part of the Limited Edition, we’ve taken the decision to release this clan to a wider audience in response to keen customer demand.

If you opt to purchase the Hattori pack, you’ll get the most powerful battlefield ninja available, an extra historical battle scenario, extra armour and an XP injection for your Avatar. The Hattori Clan can be played in single and multiplayer campaigns and in online battles.

That’s not everything as far as Shogun 2 goes, either. We’re expecting to be able to bring you some more news soon about what we’re working on next. All I can say is this: you won’t be disappointed.
    The content is available on Steam right now from the following links:

Blood Pack
    Hattori Clan DLC

Enjoy!
    The Creative Assembly

We’re also releasing a title update for Total War: Shogun 2 alongside this DLC, tweaking both the core game and the Rise of the Samurai downloadable campaign:

Rise of the Samurai

• Fixed forum issue enabling players to exceed the maximum veteran slot limit
    • Fixed bug where Chosokabe Daikyu Samurai couldn't be recruited
    • Fixed bug where Realism mode wasn’t being saved
    • Fixed bug where players had to add an extra unit to ready up after a classic MP battle
    • Fixed bug where replay battle type didn’t update correctly when switching between types
    • Fixed issue with Invite Friends and Weather tickboxes
    • Fixed bug where duplicate experienced and veteran units displayed incorrect cost
    • State Academy entry in Encylopaedia now displays correctly
    • Fixed bug where remaining funds did not update when player switches sides in a siege battle
    • Fixed crash bug when starting a 1v3 on a 2v2 map
    • Fixed bug where grouped units could not be given orders after rallying from a rout
    • Fixed issue where players with a full unit roster could still click ‘add to army’
    • Fixed bug where the cutscene after the Nagashino historical battle caused a lockup
    • Fixed bug where clearing then loading an army containing Hero units prevented Hero units from appearing as selectable units on the unit selection group

Retainers

• Infantry officer: retainer’s effect is +2 instead of +1
    • Yari master: Reduce spear defence from 3 to 2
    • Unabalanced spears: reduced effect from -3 to -2 (the counter to yari master)
    • Stricken unholy forge: tweaked to affect all monk units
    • World weary: morale penalty removed
    • European gun smith: Tweaked to affect reload
    • Way of the Ikko-Ikki: +10% now affects monks and ashigaru, with +2 melee defence rather than +3
    • Rennyo’s teachings: Morale boost now +1 rather than +2 and +3 melee defence rather than +4

Unit categories

Spear and naginata units are now distinct so that spear retainers do not benefit naginata units. This affects a number of overpowered army/retainer combinations to reduce their effectiveness.

Units

• Samurai Archers reduced in cost by 50 koku
    • Great Guard cap raised to 2
    • Matchlocks reduced in cost as they are now less effective with previous friendly fire fixes
    • Naginata Warrior Monk Cavalry capped to 3 max to reduce potency
    Last edited by CraigTW; November 30, 2011 at 09:25 AM.

Lionheartx10's Avatar Youtube Crazy!

Default Re: Blood Pack and Hattori Clan DLC announced and released today!

Awesome Craig, loving it!
    “To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”

http://www.youtube.com/user/lionheartx10

Tribunus

This isn't April.

Very nice

Will this be up on gamersgate and the like? I'm in a steam region that doesn't get any of the DLC's..
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

So all this for 10 gigs?
    We are good at making bug free games LOL JK we are the Creative Assembly.

Matamoros's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post

Unfortunately the Blood Pack is not available in Germany.

WHAT THE HELL??????

Awsome.

stayed up late tonight and saw Shogun2 updating, already went and bought the 1.59$ blood pack.

The blood/decapitation sounds great, how does it look en masse?

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

So if you have the Limited Edition, no need to purchase the Hattori DLC Pack because it's already there.

5000 posts!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    5000 posts!
    Congrats.

Thx for balance. Maybe differency between naginata and spear is good way to balance. But Blood Pack? Really, guys, it should be for free.

great to see you've released the hattori pack. blood looks a little over the top. does it have scalable effects (low-medium-splatterfest)

JGL's Avatar Miles

respect CA :p
    The Moralizing Empire.
    "When my lovely tribe invaded other land it was for bravery and pride, if Rome invaded other land it was because Romans were the evil." Courtesy of Romanheart
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Here's a link to the trailer

THIS IS ING HUUUUUUUGE

that's so cleaver, this way total war games will remain T rated yet we the radical men can have a DLC patch for 2 bucks that brings the game up to a M!

*heart* creative assembly right now, this is so full of win.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The community requested, and CA have delivered! Cant really fault them lately tbh! Its like a new era of "We ask, CA delivers"!

Had a feeling Hattori would come sooner or later, but these recent expansions and DLC shows CA are not giving up on S2TW yet, supporting a title long after release, something else we have asked them to do!

I like the idea of seperating Naginata and Spears, i havnt played S2TW for about 2 months now, i might just have to purchase the blood pack and go and decapitate some Daimyo's!

I hestitate to point this out but why is a Chosokabe Daikyu Samurai change listed under RotS? I will be buying both DLC. Thanks.

Note: I saw the LE of Shogun 2 on sale yesterday for $15. I didn't hit buy. Now I am VERY glad I hesitated.

One last thing, as a late addition: I hope you make the clan selection list customizable through modding, so that modders can add new/lesser clans to it (eg. playing as Hatakeyama, Otomo, Ashina, etc etc).
    Last edited by Charsi; November 30, 2011 at 08:40 AM.

BLOOD SHOULD BE FREE! DONATE BLOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Matamoros View Post
    WHAT THE HELL??????
    Oh gosh, guys, you have really problem with this censorship in games.

Your selling a graphical option.........Really guys?

Do I even need to mention how bad the internet is going to take this? And how bad your PR is going to suffer. Your not a console developer, you can't really afford to ***** off your PC fan base.

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast