Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Tôl Acharn 1.2.4 released 12th Aug 2013 - unleash the mighty Dúnedain Counter-Invasions for TATW 3.2

Default Re: Men of the West Jihad submod - 12 dec: BRAND NEW CONCEPT - Northmen may now join Dúnedain

Vengeance, not vengance.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Men of the West Jihad submod - 12 dec: BRAND NEW CONCEPT - Northmen may now join Dúnedain

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Vengeance, not vengance.
    Noted

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hallow's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Men of the West Jihad submod - WIP for 3.1

Maybe add Amon Sul, Tharbad and Carn Dum? The first two being lost Numenorean strongholds and the latter being the primary target for the North.

Absolutely love this though. Will it be compatible with Baron Samedis compilation?
    "Romans regarded peace not as an absence of war, but the rare situation that existed when all opponents had been beaten down and lost the ability to resist."

Hy!
    Awesome! I think Barad Dur, Black Gate, Dol Goldur and some other regions of Mordor should be good targets too.

Hi guy's, make us glad to hear people out there care for the idea

The plan is that the Acharn should focus on areas that belonged to Dúnedain once or during the two kingdoms reign. Amon Sûl is an appointed target through the region, the Weather-Hills, as is in the list in teh OP.
    There have been some additions to it though, for example is the Black Gates currently considered, while Tharbad is good input.
    Will present an updated list with 24h where I note both regions and their settlements that we have decided upon or are thinking of

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Hi guy's, make us glad to hear people out there care for the idea

The plan is that the Acharn should focus on areas that belonged to Dúnedain once or during the two kingdoms reign. Amon Sûl is an appointed target through the region, the Weather-Hills, as is in the list in teh OP.
    There have been some additions to it though, for example is the Black Gates currently considered, while Tharbad is good input.
    Will present an updated list with 24h where I note both regions and their settlements that we have decided upon or are thinking of
    Ah my bad, missed that Weather Hills was already there. Tharbad would still be nice though and the Black Gate could also be considered a former Numenorean stronghold (or at least the Towers of the Teeth were) then there's also Cirith Ungol.
    "Romans regarded peace not as an absence of war, but the rare situation that existed when all opponents had been beaten down and lost the ability to resist."

I concur on the two first, to add C. Ungol feels like it would be to help the player a little to much as he/she to get to it anyway must take M. Morgul or the Black Gate and thus are poking around in Mordor already hehe

What about Isengard? Pershaps some cities in Rhun as well? (Gondor at its largest extent went all the way to the southern coast of the inland sea of Rhun). That way Dale and Rohan might be able to benefit a bit more from certain Acharns.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Such are all considered indeed.
    One factor to bring into it is also that if we change order of priority for the AI and player (possible options) we might also affect the Invasions and we are careful with that, that somewhat restrict our choises.

Default Re: Dúnedain Jihad submod - now for all Men of the West: WIP for 3.1

Of course, just making suggestions

Can't wait for the release though!

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Hallow View Post
    Can't wait for the release though!
    Not long to go now. Mainly just the artwork and models. This has turned out to be quite a project but results are looking good. Including preventing the AI from calling Acharns on Elves, Dwarves, and other good factions which would have wreaked havoc on the 'good guy' diplomatic situation.

Withwnar has made a very innovative and impressive work here, you all will appriciate it

Will present an updated list within 24h where I note both regions and their settlements that we have decided upon or are thinking of
    Had to hold my word: the OP is now updated on this matter. The map is removed and the list of targets (but stuck to settlements mostly) is to be found within the spoiler box.
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 16, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

Great work lads, really looing forward to it

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Thanks D'
    Seems it will take some days or a week longer than planned, but its now just up to adding some of the the merc's, the new strat models and some images and we're ready to present some real in-Saurons-face action
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 29, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

Gugi,

Very nice

from me & the guys

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Or have the Building in key areas, like Imladris, Calas Galadon, Minis Tirith, Edoras, Dale, Erebor?

Or a Meeting of the White Counsel?

The existance of a Loremaster will not be depending on or restricted by any buildings. To get the first one will be dependent on a little trek for a Gondor Journeyman and by the reforging of Arnor in that factions case. If he's lost next one might come to another price

Now, on the matter of the White Council - as I'm responsible for the background story and therefore concept of the Dúnedain Jihad submod - as W.C very natural comes to most peoples mind and been the most expected base for a jihad feat.
    The White Council consisted of Elves and Istari and nobody else, even if it is quite populair to make it an 'all races'-council in fan fiction that was not the case, and I wanted to keep it so. While there might be a contradiction in developing Tôl Acharn into a fan fic' jihad feat while not wanting to change another part of the lore I just happends to like the council the way it is hehe.
    In this late Third Age when Men are taking over and Elves are diminishing (and where we already are allowed a HE faction) there were no new Last Alliance. Dwarves could of course gather their Seven Houses (in which army neither Men or Elves would been a part though) - but the Dwarves do not need the jihad from a game play perspective haha, mostly kicking as it is. "It is in Men we must place our hope" to use a movie quote and it feelt most appropriate.

Furthermore the idea was not to create a better, and hopefully not even an equal, counter-measure to the Invasions of Sauron. Saurons Invasions should remain the great dread of this War.
    5 faction can join the Invasions - and under ideal circiumstances 4 factions of Men may join the Acharn. If Elves and Dwarves would been part of it, thus 7 all in all, suddenly the Invasion wuld be the lesser threat. That in no ways feel right, while it's of course the first idea when anybody thinks of the jihad possibility.

Our hope is that it will not be dicourageing for the players but that those playing Elves or Dwarves will be glad each time they are alerted that Men is mustering their defence against the Dark Lord, maintaining differences between the good factions and be great fun for those who use or have to face the Coming Vengeance
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 30, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

The existance of a Loremaster will not be depending on or restricted by any buildings. To get the first one will be dependent on a little trek for a Gondor Journeyman and by the reforging of Arnor in that factions case. If he's lost next one might come to another price

Now, on the matter of the White Council - as I'm responsible for the background story and therefore concept of the Dúnedain Jihad submod - as W.C very natural comes to most peoples mind and been the most expected base for a jihad feat.
    The White Council consisted of Elves and Istari and nobody else, even if it is quite populair to make it an 'all races'-council in fan fiction that was not the case, and I wanted to keep it so. While there might be a contradiction in developing Tôl Acharn into a fan fic' jihad feat while not wanting to change another part of the lore I just happends to like the council the way it is hehe.
    In this late Third Age when Men are taking over and Elves are diminishing (and where we already are allowed a HE faction) there were no new Last Alliance. Dwarves could of course gather their Seven Houses (in which army neither Men or Elves would been a part though) - but the Dwarves do not need the jihad from a game play perspective haha, mostly kicking as it is. "It is in Men we must place our hope" to use a movie quote and it feelt most appropriate.

Furthermore the idea was not to create a better, and hopefully not even an equal, counter-measure to the Invasions of Sauron. Saurons Invasions should remain the great dread of this War.
    5 faction can join the Invasions - and under ideal circiumstances 4 factions of Men may join the Acharn. If Elves and Dwarves would been part of it, thus 7 all in all, suddenly the Invasion wuld be the lesser threat. That in no ways feel right, while it's of course the first idea when anybody thinks of the jihad possibility.

Our hope is that it will not be dicourageing for the players but that those playing Elves or Dwarves will be glad each time they are alerted that Men is mustering their defence against the Dark Lord, maintaining differences between the good factions and be great fun for those who use or have to face the Coming Vengeance
    Ahh I see.. So an idea that a successful defence of Helmsdeep would trigger a wiseman Limited to once only?
    Or Holding off Harad and Mordor from Minas Tirith?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by 2-D Ron View Post
    Ahh I see.. So an idea that a successful defence of Helmsdeep would trigger a wiseman Limited to once only?
    Or Holding off Harad and Mordor from Minas Tirith?
    If the trigger was based on events such as these then it might never happen, or it might happen too late. The trigger is based on an act of aggression on Gondor's part followed up by a trek/quest.

Helm's Deep: Loremasters are limited to Gondor and Arnor only - only those factions may call jihads. Northmen factions (Rohan, Dale and Eriador) can only join them.