Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What type of general are you?

Default Re: What type of general are you?

Naturally

Andriscus's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Deutschland View Post
    I care about my units a lot... too much some would say... I remember one battle in RTW where the AI chased my single horse archer unit around for 30 mins because I simply refused to let them die lol

I am the same, hate letting my men die - I always try to use as many of my archers' arrows as possible or use my cavalry (which I usually have a lot of) as shock troops to get the enemy's numbers and morale down before I send in the infantry.

Unless I'm playing as an evil faction of course in which case I'll just throw the infantry in, if they die I'll just recruit a load more, mwahaha

infantry,cavalry was the two general bodyguard

i give my orders to the best of my ability (usually) and if my me die...well they should have moved faster
    (i find that when i use cavalry they tend to find the nearest pointy object to impale themselves on)

I'm the type of general who's tactic is to flank by using cavalry

im on the RP side of the spectrum of this. if im Mordor i dont give a about my troops and i dont give a about THEIR troops. massacre both armies and save me the trouble of waiting for them to be retrained! however, when im Gondor im extreamly cautious and careful with the lives of my men. i never enter a battle i think i might lose... and if one is necissery... lets just say when it is it never ends well for the enemy (ive got a few tricks up my sleeve ) and if i win a battle against mordor... seriously does this even need to be answered? massacre the bastards! but if i win against harad or rhun i almost always release them. "You wonder where he came from... you wonder what lies led him so far from home...and would he not have rather stayed there...war will make corpses of us all"-Faramir
    but i also have a thing for epic/heroic last stands and valiant charges. i attempted to reenact the battle of Minas Tirith at one point as Rohan... few of my men survived... but the Witch King was slain and Minas Tirith still stands!!! i also remember vividly playing as the Silvan Elves and attempting to hold Cerin Amroth (Lothlorien) from legions of goblins... my men were slaughtered utterly... even though we held the high ground and had superior troops and Haldir leading them... it wasnt enough...i still wake up screaming at night D:
    Last edited by Nastrael; December 09, 2011 at 09:12 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345