Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 8 04 2023 FINAL VERSION! FA FROM ALL THE MEMBERS FROM FA TEAM(COMPLEET MOD!)

Default Re: LASTEST VERSION15 22 march 2017!!STEVIETHECONQUER SUBMOD FOR VERSION 0.80

(just changed the young portrait from portrait 232)must be the champagne!and a happy new year!may there be more peace and happyness in the world!lucky that thuis is only a game and nothing more,just too have some fun with!

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Default Re: LASTEST VERSION15 22 march 2017!!STEVIETHECONQUER SUBMOD FOR VERSION 0.80

So' I've played a couple of turns as Poland and found no problems with your portraits. I don't think there's a need for more in-depth testing regarding the portraits, either. Unfortunately I noticed that as much as i enjoyed having some variety in portraits and as good as they are when you take into consideration you made them from scratch, the 2d look is just not my piece of cake (and some of them still look a bit comick-like). I don't know what others may think of that, but for my part, I find the missing uniformity of the loading screens more imersion-breaking than the ever same portraits, so that could be another thing to work on if you feel to. Some are original FA screens, some just unedited screenshots with no borders and a few have a lot of white space in them, it seems.
    I really don't want this to be embarassing for you, I very much appreciate your work. And keep in mind you are the first one to try out making completely new and unique portraits in a modding history of almost 13 years!
    Last edited by Elendil 03; January 03, 2019 at 05:20 PM.

no problem mine friend,the portraits are just for fun,but i will work more on them,i play alot this game and indeed i too see some portraits that need too do better(when i play the game and i see some then i try too make them better,but i too see already some really good onces too,so i will work on them more.yes i known there are not so much loading screens ,but i never have anny problem with that,as i love the battles in this game the most.,maybe i will put others in too,but you can always take some from other mods and them into the dsa folder.

i wish CA would make new portraits for the medieval time,they would go easy.

edit;updated part5,part9 and part 11.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; February 12, 2019 at 02:54 PM.

Ever since the latest update, the strat map models (especially trees, less frequently settlements, banners and characters) are flickering on and off all the time when I enter the campaign map, and the game is so unstable that I cannot even exit the campaign map because it crashes just before the loading screen that leads you to the menu. I've deleted the entire mod folder, reinstalled everything, deleted descr_geography_new.db and map.rwm, launched the game in borderless window mode even disabled campaign map shadows yet the problem still persists. Before, it worked more or less (except if I used toggle_fow, then the trees began to flicker; I've seen this on the battle map, too). I have no such problems with any other mod and there are as massive ones as TATW Dac, EB2 and Bellum Crucis. Do you know a solution for this?

this is strange if only i could known if annyone else is experience this problem too,it seems i have no problems like you say in mine game,i will try to look for it

edit;i have 2 version of this mod ,one is this version and another is a version with more content that is not allowed too upload for other players without permission so i keep that version a private one,there i had in the both versions the same battle ai in,and after a time the battle ai was cdt mine private version of this game,so i am trying now a new battle ai from a russian modder without the germanicus and ebII battle ai,if that is a good ai then i will replace it with the other,so maybe the battle ai is causing all the troubles,but i do not known for sure,atleast for mine private version it is causing a lot of troubles and i was forced too change their the battle ai.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; March 21, 2019 at 02:14 PM.

To me, the crashes look more map-related. What were the latest changes you made?

i have no issues like you have,everything looks good in mine game,but it looks that FA is very sensitive if played with other mods,i do not now why,maybe you can place(not delete) your other mods that you have in your mods map on your desktop(just grap them with your mouse and place them from the mods maps too desktop,you can put them later back into the mods map) and see if FA then is working correct without the errors you have?

edit;one of the days i have to delete the unneeded files that are still in this mod and upload it again.

Thank you, but for me, it's not really an option to move around 100 GB every time I want to play FA or one of the other mods. So I'll leave it for now until somebody finds a solution.

well i found out that their is to something little wrong with the garrisson script even it is not from me,sometimes that script given some units to factions that can not recruit them like units from sweden to faction norway even norway can not recruit those units,i will probely delete that script.

and sorry Elendill it's difficult to fix an issue that i don't have,and i do not known if somebody else or everybody got this error you have,so sorry about this.

or download and install FA(dsa) but not with the last update that is the ayyubids unts and see if you have still this error if so then it is not related to this mod

Elendil 03,maybe you can try these files it are the medieval2.preference.cfg and the dsa one(must be in the dsa folder) just change the battle_resolution and the campaign resolution(in the two files) if they are different with your resolution that you use, so they have the same preference in them see the winrar ;download link;https://mega.nz/#!tAwxwSxJ!ZbnUfCXpq...1Wk-3zbsudc7nA

backup your older onces and replace them with these onces
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; March 23, 2019 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks, I'll try this.

That didn't do the trick for me, unfortuately. However, I've noticed that neither my descr_geography_new.txt nor the descr_geography_new.db have rebuilt after I first deleted them. That's odd.
    Last edited by Elendil 03; March 25, 2019 at 06:25 PM.

their schould be only descr_geography_new.db,the other must be from somewere else,look in the winrar
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's very kind of you, but I wasn't able to solve the problem this way. Which of the .rar files contains the descr_geography_new.txt?
    You can also have a look at the error log here, but I didn't find anything particular (I'm not really familiar with them, though).
    Last edited by Elendil 03; March 27, 2019 at 05:01 PM.

well maybe the only thing i forgot was the diplomaty text for the crusaders as i changed the accent from them too the french accent so i could add to them new french voices,speak more like crusaders,but i had that to in mine version of this mod that has no troubles so i do not known why you have those error,but i will upload the mod again in a few months.sorry about this one as i wish you could play this mod .

i have seen your log and the last notes of it says;22:45:36.759 [game.script] [always] EBII Campaign Based Battle Scripts22:45:36.759 [game.script] [always] Activated

well this is the battle ai doing this now i am testing a new battle ai and it seems too be a good one without the battle code int campaign script,i known the battle ai was crashing mine private mod too,maybe too much scripts are the activated.

about the descr_geography_new.txtt,their is none in this mod.

I understand.
    Good, thank you very much for your support - I'm looking forward to play FA again when the new AI is included.

IF YOU ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE PARTS FOR DSA THEN DOWNLOAD THE ONCE BELOW AND DO THE CHANGES,I CAN NOT EDIT ON MINE FIRST PAGE!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

install part11abbuyidsunits
    then delete in DSA data folder , AiSet1 folder,AiSet2 folder,AiSet3 map,AiSet4 folder,and AiSet5 folder and to the advice file (a white file called advice) and the text file export_descr_advice and the export_descr_advice_enums and the export_descr_sounds_advice text file and the text file ReallyBadAI_Scripts_v5 ,then the folder scripts and then look in the text folder and delete their the export_advice and export_advice.txt.strings.bin.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; April 17, 2019 at 01:14 PM.

the portrait,i make 400 of them and then make some better again and then i quit lol

16 06 2019;updated parts 5 and 9 (voices and music) and part 11(new units from jukoman and blade 398) new script events from bellum crucis and russian modders,but some got too test this mod as i am still only at turn 20 and you can play very long till gunpowder and further)

this schould be played with a new campaign.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; June 16, 2019 at 02:05 PM.

Wow, that sounds promising. Thank you very much.

after playing a lot this mod and not mine private mod,i have found and corrected some errors and missing sounds and putted some new units in and some out and will bring out a new version with new downloadlinks directly from mine computer in some weeks or some days,as i have lucky to have now hollidays.the mod is huge but surly good too play and will be then more playable.