Thread: [OUTDATED] Westeros Total War 0.53 (A New Beginning) and Submods

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Default [OUTDATED] Westeros Total War 0.53 (A New Beginning) and Submods

Description
    The King of Rivers and Hills submod is a complete overhaul of Westeros Total War.

The King of Rivers and Hills submod is set thousands of years before the Targaryen conquest of Aegon the Conqueror. In the time of the Andal invasion of Westeros.
    The Andals have conquered almost all of Southern Westeros. Everywhere the Andal kings and the Faith of the Seven have triumphed.
    Yet, there is one First-Men king left south of the Neck who still resists them.
    Tristifer IV Mudd, King of Rivers and Hills, the Hammer of Justice, Champion of the Old-Gods, stands as a tower of strength against the Andal tide. He is victor of over 90 battles, yet he can only lose one. He may be the last of the great kings of the First-Men.

However, the Andal Kings are not united. Believing the conquest of Westeros is almost over, they now fight among themselves to become the most powerful Andal Kingdom of the continent. House Arryn, House Lannister, House Gardener and the Stormkings fight for supremacy of Westeros.

In Dorne they have other things to worry about, House Yronwood has aligned with House Dayne of Starfall, and the Bloodroyal wants to conquer all of Dorne with the help of the Sword of the Morning. House Martell has called its banners and prepares for a bloody civil war.

In the North, the First-Men have always kept to themselves. King Beron Stark the Halfing, half wildling and half First-Men, has crushed the invasion of the King-Beyond-the-Wall, his father.
    Only to find that in his absent, Domeric Bolton along with the Greystarks have risen in rebellion against his rule. The North is burning in the flames of rebellion and they are unable support their First-Men brothers in the south.

While war rages across the continent and Westeros burns, King Qhored the Great, King of the Ironborn, has unleashed a raiding campaign the likes have never been seen before. "Wherever men can smell salt water or hear the crash of waves, his writ ran". From the Arbor to Bear Island, the entire West coast of Westeros is suffering from the raids of the Ironborn.

You can decide the course of history in this turbulent period of Westeros ancient history.

Key features:
    New factions (House Bolton, House Mudd, House Yronwood, House Gardener, House Hoare)
    New skins and units
    New characters
    New regions
    New Ui

Basically everything has been changed.

Pic of faction selection:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Description
    Game of Thrones brings the look, the feel and the sounds of the HBO show to Westeros: Total War.
    Compatible over Westeros Vanilla and Enhanced.

Features

~ Entirely new Menu, Splash and Loading Screens ~
    ~ New Interfaces for Strategy and Battle Map ~
    ~ Brand New Strategy Map Models ~
    ~ Unique Voices from the Series ~
    ~ Optional Soundtrack Mod ~

Description
    The Story

The year is 297AL and the Seven Kingdoms are in strife. The reign of Robert Baratheon has nearly bankrupted the Kingdoms. After the somewhat mysterious death of the previous hand, Lord Arryn, Eddard Stark reigns as Hand of the King while Robert is off hunting. During this time, Eddard slowly discovers the truth behind the true parentage of Joffrey “Baratheon”. Tensions emerge between the Lannisters and the Starks, and Catelyn Stark’s seizure of Tyrion Lannister, “the Imp” almost brings the factions to blows.

With Robert away, Eddard Stark is attacked in the streets of King’s Landing. With Northern blood having been spilled, the Lannisters and Starks begin to move towards an endgame when out of the blue, a rider from the Stormlands arrives at the gates of King’s Landing, bearing news that ships bearing Dragon banners sail across the Narrow Sea, bound for the remote Island of Tarth.

Will Lord Stark reveal the truth behind Joffrey’s parentage to Robert, or will he remain silent for the good of the realm? Will Tywin Lannister curb his daughter’s machinations, or will he seek to elevate House Lannister’s already dominant position?

Stannis Baratheon has long suspected foul play in Jon Arryn’s murder, and has retired to his meagre holdings around Dragonstone. As Robert’s Master of Ships he has the only fleet that has a chance of deterring a Targaryen naval assault. Will Stannis sail to meet the foe, or bide this time and gather his forces?

As for the other factions of the realm – who will they choose to side with? The Lords of Dorne and the Reach previously chose to side with the Targaryens during Robert’s Rebellion, while the Riverlands and the Vale were divided. Will their current lords call their banners in support of the dragon? Or will their levies drive the Targaryens back into the sea once and for all?

As for House Greyjoy, the Ironborn remained neutral during Robert's Rebellion yet none have forgotten the blood that was spilled during Balon Greyjoy's failed rebellion. Will this bad blood lead the Lord Reaper of Pyke to declare for the Targeryens? Or will he seize the opportunity to declare for independence?

The Game

Built on the enhanced 0.53 modification (+ a few other mini-submods) and with certain Targ details borrowed from the Blackfyre Rebellion, this submod presents a 'what if' scenario: Westeros is on the bring of war as plans are hatched and swords drawn in the shadows of King's Landing, yet a powerful threat sails from across the Narrow Sea. Will the great houses of Westeros continue in their spiral towards war, or will they unite against a common foe?

This submod takes place at time just before King Robert Baratheon's hunting accident. Word reaches King's Landing that ships have been seen crossing the Narrow Sea, bound for Tarth. Will the powers of Westeros unite to face this threat? Or will loyalties be strained as old alliances are re-born?

The Features

~ Improvements on the Enhanced 0.53 Submod ~
    ~ New artwork (Courtesy various sources - no ownership implied) ~
    ~ 7 New Factions (House Targaryen, House Frey, House Bolton, House Hightower, House Redwyne, House Yronwood, House Darry) with skins courtesy of the Blackfyre Submod and A Kingdom of Rivers and Hills (Thanks to Dux!) ~
    ~ New Skins for many factions (Thanks to Prophet) ~
    ~ Multiple New Characters ~
    ~ New Ancillaries ~
    ~ New 'Declarations' System to encourage the AI to take action ~
    ~ Isle of Diplomats for all major factions (Sadly there is no room for Frey or Bolton, but they have princesses) ~
    ~ Unit balancing - Cavalry now fight properly in auto-resolve battles! ~
    ~ Other minor changes ~

A bit bit of advice for all players: Check out the map using the “toggle_fow” command to see what is new, where certain characters are.

Most factions have at least two diplomats or princesses on the map - a few had to be cut at last minute but they are either on the 'Isle of Diplomats' off the coast of Dorne, or around King's Landing.

Description
    The Winds of Winter is a Westeros: Total War submod that takes place 301 years after the landing of Aegon the Conqueror, at the end of George R.R. Martin’s fifth novel in the book series A Song of Ice and Fire: A Dance With Dragons. The ambition of the submod is to create the most lore-wise realistic scenario as possible.

The War of Five Kings is far from over, at this point of the novels, 4 kings fight over the dominion of Westeros, Tommen Baratheon a young boy sits upon the Iron Throne after the death of his brother, the dreaded King Joffrey. However the situation in the capital is far from perfect, the Queen Regent, Cersei Lannister, and the King’s wife, Margaery Tyrell, are both awaiting trial for adultery. The marriage pact signed by Tywin Lannister and Mace Tyrell is as fragile as the alliance between two of Westeros’ most powerful houses!

In the Riverlands, House Frey have gained control of the most important castles after the incident known as the Red Wedding. Robb Stark, the young wolf, is dead and the rulers of the Riverlands, the ancient House of Tully, are exiled, all the surviving family members but the Blackfish are being held captive by the Lannisters. Lord Petyr Baelish is the new ruler of The Trident and has also gained control of The Vale of Arryn by the marriage between his late wife Lysa Tully. Littlefinger is considered a dangerous player in the game of thrones; a man without morals or allegiance to any of the current kings might try to seize the throne for himself.

Stannis Baratheon, who considers himself the trueborn king of Westeros, left his seat Dragonstone after the crushing defeat at Blackwater Bay. After a long voyage to Eastwatch-by -the-Sea, he is determined to win the allegiance of The North by fighting off the Ironborn invaders, treacherous Boltons and whatever else lies beyond the wall. Stannis Baratheon’s host is currently stuck at their encampment in the Wolfswood north of Winterfell where Roose Bolton, Warden of the North, awaits him with his allies, House Manderly and House Frey.

In the south there is open warfare going on; since Mace Tyrell's army is in The Crownlands, the Reach has been left vulnerable to raids led by the newly crowned King Euron Greyjoy, better known as Crow’s Eye. Euron is a dreadful king who claims to have sailed and raided all along the world. In the Stormlands, Jon Connington, the former hand of king Aerys Targaryen, has landed with the Golden Company. Connington rides with a young man claiming to be Aegon of House Targaryen, and has already conquered Cape Wrath, now aiming for Storm’s End. Is this truly the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Elia Martell?

The Game

~ New Factions ~
    (House Frey, House Manderly, House Targaryen and House Bolton)
    ~ New Settlements ~
    ~ New Campaign Script ~
    ~ Many New Characters ~
    ~ New Portraits ~

Description
    Add-on Submod for the Enhanced Submod featuring a reskin of the vanilla units for each faction. The units now have skins matching their faction's colours as well as shields depicting the coat-of-arms of the houses of Westeros on the units' shields. The Submod deals only with visual improvements and is made for those who routinely play custom battles and want a more Westerosi look for their game.

GoT Style Units v. 0.7

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4264

Submod Logo Graphics by Inarus

Please inform me of any Submods not on this list!
    If I do not reply in two days, either a 500 error swallowed your mail, or I have forgotton, so don't moan, remind me.

If you would like a Logo for your finished Submod, feel free to drop me a PM![/FIELDSET]

Outdated or Unreleased

Last edited by HannibalExMachina; July 03, 2016 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Updating

Prince of Epirus's Avatar Libertus

Icon5 Submods

if i installed more than one submod will they be in diffrent campagins or they will mix in one ? please help

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Submods

They will be separate, so you will need to fire up the individual submod's launcher to play that mod. This could have just been asked in the FaQ thread

Prince of Epirus's Avatar Libertus

sorry i just found out that this mod exist so i wanted to give it a shot .
    btw whats the best submod ?

*takes a breath*

You should try them all and decide that for yourself.

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

With all due respect Mannis, instead of saying "Takes a breath" and "try them yourself", you can give him a friendly suggestion?

At Prince of Epirus: My two favorites are Kings of Rivers and Hills and Wrath of the North, they're both great.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

King of Rivers and Hills and (when it comes out this week) Age of Petty kings are probably the most complete submods there are, the rest still seem to be in dev.

Quote Originally Posted by HouseStarkFTW View Post
    With all due respect Mannis, instead of saying "Takes a breath" and "try them yourself", you can give him a friendly suggestion?

At Prince of Epirus: My two favorites are Kings of Rivers and Hills and Wrath of the North, they're both great.
    It was a friendly suggestion? You play them and decide for yourself. Every submod has its merits, and I aint going to tell him to choose one over another.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

The best submod is Age of Petty Kings from what I have seen (which is the first beta-version). Release is tomorow!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

another great one is WRM (Westeros realms mod) set just after stannis has defeated renly so he has control of the stormlands, starks/tullys/freys*sons of that they are* have also teamed up so they are all one faction.

mchmmroncrck's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by its almost christmas george View Post
    another great one is WRM (Westeros realms mod) set just after stannis has defeated renly so he has control of the stormlands, starks/tullys/freys*sons of that they are* have also teamed up so they are all one faction.
    This thread was old but got revived and don't know if OP even cares but...

Started with Youngbloods then got brave and added GOT and that was awesome. Installed NewBeginnings and now I'm hooked on Toho's map and can't go back. I want to try WRM so bad but I'm hesitant to start deleting scripts and whatnot. Hopefully a newb-friendly v.5 is coming soon.

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by mchmmroncrck View Post
    Started with Youngbloods then got brave and added GOT and that was awesome. Installed NewBeginnings and now I'm hooked on Toho's map and can't go back. I want to try WRM so bad but I'm hesitant to start deleting scripts and whatnot. Hopefully a newb-friendly v.5 is coming soon.
    Also don't forget that the newest WRM got Toho's map, and the scripts really don't make that much a difference (at least the ones that there are problems with).

mchmmroncrck's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Silenced Ape View Post
    Also don't forget that the newest WRM got Toho's map, and the scripts really don't make that much a difference (at least the ones that there are problems with).
    I know, the new settlements on the map preview look sweet! I want to play with them!
    So it is playable "right out of the box" without patching and deleting things? I've read through the thread a cpl times and that wasn't the impression I got. I will have to read it closer.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: [CURRENT RELEASE] Westeros Total War 0.53 Submods

since the base mod has been outdated for ages, and theres not a single reason to play it over these submods, ive decided not to reupload it.