Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RAVEN FEEDERS 0.73A COMPLETE PACKAGE

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default RAVEN FEEDERS 0.73A COMPLETE PACKAGE

ok , theres seems to be big problems here for people trying to play raven feeders atw with so many files scattered around ,
    so i have done what i said i would do prior to my release of ARTHUR ALEXANDER ,
    i have packaged the whole 0.73a mod up into one bundle ,
    contains everything to play arthurian tw 0.73a bug free{hopefuly} enjoy and i will keep an eye on it to make sure it stays up
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21033...ers+package.7z {all files are 7z and need extracting}
    edit ... heres an rs2 enviroments patch to go with the above http://www.gamefront.com/files/21318973/arthur.7z
    new link for rest of the world..http://ge.tt/8vliXKV/v/0
    instal
    1:extract version 0731.exe and instal onto a clean rtw/bi installation
    2:extract 0.73a and add that ..click yes to overwrite
    3;extract unofficial fan patch {folder will be called arthur} copy over you original arthur..click yes to all
    4:extract atw campaign txt file and add to scripts folder arthur/data/scripts..click yes to all
    5:add building text file to arthur/data...click yes to all
    6:extract music pack and enter the folder ..copy over bi and data folders over to your originals ..click yes to all
    7:add patch by nicodemus{this is not part of the package but the link is below}
    8: extract and add rs2 enviroment ..click yes to all
    NOTE:IT WILL BE EASIER IF YOU EXTRACT THEM SOMEWHERE ON YOUR COMPUTER FIRST THEN LOOK AT THEM
    IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU EXTRACT THE PARTS STRAIGHT INTO RTW/BI DIRECTORY{AS SOME FOLDERS HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES
    ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS SHOULD ASK AND I WILL TRY TO HELP THEM
    ENJOY and remember all this will come together in 'Arthur Alexander' and will be much easier to instal by then
    Last edited by GRANTO; January 14, 2013 at 01:55 PM.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: RAVEN FEEDERS 0.73A COMPLETE PACKAGE

Does it contain RS enviroments?

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    Does it contain RS enviroments?
    no it does not , i will add an rs2 enviroments patch too the whole thing and reupload the whole pack in the next few days

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Well I cannot REP you again, but its great o see you breathing fresh life into this mod

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    Well I cannot REP you again, but its great o see you breathing fresh life into this mod
    yep just taking my time , i will let you know when the enviroments patch is included

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Thanks a lot Granto for your work. After so many time gone away it's really nice to see there is still a community around the mod and people improving it. Keep the good work

cheers Agraes and thanks to you and your team for making this superb mod , im working on an alexander exe version which has the look and feel of roma surrectum 2 and will i hope be an epic campaign , cheers

I hadn't played this mod in a long time, so it was particularly good to see renewed interest in it, and the likelihood of new life ( via GRANTO) , in the form of a port to Alexander !

In the spirit of keeping things going, here's a small patch that will fix the following in ATW 0.73a ( ie the package from the first post in this thread):

1) Celtic Christianity pips/icons in the settlement screen ( currently they show as black or some other strangeness )
    Note this does not put Celtic Christianity back into the mod, just the icons

2) Some of the custom resources on the strategy map ( but not the tiny icons on the trade screen, unfortunately, I don't know how to fix those

3) Banners on the battlefield ( will now be the real ATW factions rather than BI ones ! )

4) Campaign updated to give missing religious trait to all characters ( ie all factions now have characters that start with a religion, many were missing )

5) Campaign updated to give Ynis Manaw an extra character, as I was always frustrated by losing the one character in battle quickly, and hence the game !

6) Campaign corrected to place Abernethy with the Picts. This has no effect on the game, since though Abernethy was in the "slave" regions, it had a Pict army assigned, so was owned by the Picts anyway, just housekeeping !

7) Removed references to "Rome", and " Jupiter Optimus" from rebel diplomacy text : Rebels aren't Roman !

8) Minor change to text strings, ie its now " Standard Inspires nearby troops", rather than "Eagle". Again we aren't in Rome any more !

All these are save-game compatible, and obviously, the campaign fixes will only take effect when a new campaign is started.

Installation:

Fix is supplied in zip file "ArthurFanPatch2.zip", and requires the ATW 0.73a ( ie as in the first post of this thread )

This requires straightforward "cut and paste" explorer skills, but if you are in any doubt, please check with an experienced Windows use ( not me and make a backup if you wish to keep the originals or any changes you may have done in them.

All these are in a zip file that follows the RTW\Arthur file structure. Unzip to a clean folder and then copy over your current Rome-Total War folders, just like the full package.

Note, I have not used these with RS2 environments, but I doubt if there will be an issue.

Text Files Included:

descr_strat.txt
    descr_banners.txt
    descr_sm_resources.txt
    ATWCampaign.txt
    diplomacy.txt
    shared.txt

The original ATW 0.73 also had supply and aging traits added, but putting these back in is not "save-game compatible", so I've left them out : maybe next time.

Equally, there are still many "unit card issues" in the game, plus issues with traits and ancilliaries in both descr_strat and the game in general. One of these days....

Enjoy !

1 June 2015 : Re-attached "ArthurFanPatch2.zip"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nicodemus; June 01, 2015 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Spelling :) and clarification

good stuff , i could use a few parts here for AA , interesting about the supply traits , i will have a look at that

Glad its of use, GRANTO... ( I will PM you with details for the traits )

Here's another addition from the past for those that want it: the " Force Diplomacy" stuff, originally from EB, but incorporated to work for ATW.

It worked first time for me....

Attached is a zip with my copy of the 3 files based on version 0.73a of Raven Feeders ( ie from first post in thread)

Note that these files weren't modded by ATW at all apart from the yearly notification advice, so they should be the same as basic RTW\BI.

Unpack to a new directory and then just drop onto the Rome -Total War directory and these will overwrite ( 2 overwritten files and one new one )

I have tested the unzip, and the overwrite and it works.

Follow the instructions in the readme file to make your offer ( a bit long-winded ) and you have it accepted. Victoria gives you a nice message as well.

Of course, the AI will probably break it next time, but an easy way to get money or a breathing space or a region.

Same caveat as before. If you aren't confident enough, please don't do it. Remember to back up if you aren't sure, and don't blame me if it doesn't work for you !

Enjoy....

Re-attached force diplomacy zip files
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nicodemus; June 01, 2015 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Re-attached zip files

I know this mod is mod foldered but will it mess my game up if I install it while there are other mods in my games folder I really want to try this mod out

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Pidgeon View Post
    I know this mod is mod foldered but will it mess my game up if I install it while there are other mods in my games folder I really want to try this mod out
    should not mess anything up , it is modfoldered and if you add rs2 enviroments they are contained inside the modfolder too

ok thanks i have installed this mod properly i hope but how do i get music to play in background during battles and campaign map as there isnt any i extracted the music pack and the sounds folder is where its supposed to be but it doesnt play any sound at all
    Last edited by Samuel Pidgeon; September 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM.

if i remember correctly some /or all the sound stuff will go into the vannila data/sounds ...also the atw txt file goes into the scripts folder

i installed it mod works well and i got sound working but units ukeep and recruitment cost need to go now and buildings cost need to be lower as most of the different tribes i tried to play as is really hard i lose income very fast and everything is spread out and settlements unhappy as well

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Pidgeon View Post
    i installed it mod works well and i got sound working but units ukeep and recruitment cost need to go now and buildings cost need to be lower as most of the different tribes i tried to play as is really hard i lose income very fast and everything is spread out and settlements unhappy as well
    yep ...thats atw ...it was designed that way.......its hard and you can lose ......but there is a way to be found for each faction

Ok I will try to conquer more land quickly but what's the best way to make more money without losing too much
    And when's the new patch out since I like to have short campaigns not long ones lol

there is no new patch as such but im working on a sub-mod overhaul for the alex exe that will focus on individual foldered campaigns {bit like rs2} when it comes out ?...dunno but i will say that it will be released when i am fully happy with it {at the moment i am adding hillforts from rs2 but its been a bit problematic}as for atw 0.73a you have to play and fight to the very best of your ability , i would always raid citys and strip them bare , ask for money every time there is a dipolomatic transaction ,get rid of units that are baggage..the whole campaign can be over if you lose a big battle battle badly oh and if my memory serves me right i think 'resef' posted a better finance txt file some where on the threads a while back....hope all this helps

Could I change the mod music back to vanilla or other music ingot like linkin park etc lol as I find the mod music a little Annoying great mod though berserker units are good if you had loads of them entire armies would just get crushed very quickly

why is it so bloody hard is there anyway i can change it to my preferences to make it abit easier lol some of the tribes are supposed to be easy but they are actually hard and i tried different tribes and exterminating population in enemy cities it just causes unhappiness and i still lose money

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast