Thread: Dale Rising

Default Dale Rising

An AAR about Dale using Tatw 2.1 with no cheats (obviously) and will chronicle the events of the rise of Dale and the fall of Rhun. This will be updated regularly so feel free to comment and I will take in any suggestions and feed back.
    My main objectives will be to destroy Rhun and sort of help the dwarves in their wars. I will also offer my help to the silvan elves and any good faction that's getting beaten up. However, before any of these I'm going to reunite rhovanion.
    im also going to show how certain family members will get corrupted by the wealth and lands won in wars: eg spending money on themselves and giving money away and private agreements etc.
    This is my first AAR so forgive me if I am a bit inexperienced or whatever,
    Last edited by Gandalfus; November 28, 2011 at 11:21 AM.

Default Re: Dale Rising

Chapter 1: Dale Arising.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The tale of the mighty kingdom of Dale begins in the year 2980, Third age.
    It has only been 39 years since the death of the malevolent dragon Smaug The Golden was killed and the restoration of the kingdom of Dale by our glorious King, King Bard the Bowman. I tell you this story of how Kingdoms rose and fell, of how glorious hosts of men and orcs - good and evil, ascended to the heavens in victory or trampled into the dust in defeat.
    This is the tale of Middle Earth.
    “We are a small kingdom my son, and we must reunite the lands of the old kingdom of Rhovanion and drive back the savage Easterlings of Rhun. With the help of our Dwarvern allies we will drive back Sauron’s savage beasts and wipe the land clean of our enemies.” King Bard said in his commanding voice.
    “What must be done Father?” Young Lord Bain; Bard’s son and heir asked
    “I will lead our armies in reuniting Rhovanion under one banner. I will leave you to govern Esgaroth in my absence. Are you up to the task?” Bard asked his son
    “Of course Father, I will not fail you.”
    Attachment 192025

I must not fail father in my undertaking, I must select a governor of Dale soon enough, preferably one who will support me and my ambitions. Bain thought to himself

“My lord, Your father is gathering armies for war, and you have been appointed his steward. Will my lord attend to the tasks that our most great king has set for Him?” Hengist, The king’s advisor asked.
    “Of course!, I will gladly attend to managing the kingdom In my Father’s absence ”
    Lord Bain walked from his quarters into the Grand throne room of Esgaroth. The walls were decorated with golden hangings and tapestries telling the stories of the heroes of old. As lord Bain sat upon the throne the lords and Thanes of Dale flooding into the room and the daily session of the Royal court began.
    I hope this is worth it... Bain thought to himself.

Bain was adept at managing a kingdom, and he hired guards and paid armed men to bully and blackmail the councilors and Thanes into submission. Bard conquered his enemies, but Bain conquered the Royal Council.
    He managed the kingdom with no political rivals and due to his extreme talent at managing a kingdom, the treasury flourished under his guidance, allowing Dale to grow stronger than ever. this time period was known as the golden age of Dale when the Kingdom flourished under Bard and Bain’s rule.
    Meanwhile, Bard gathered his forces and prepared to march upon Rhovanion. "Vortigern, is every captain accounted for?"
    Bard asked his second. "Yes m'lord. Every man is ready to march on your orders." Vortigern replied.
    "Good." Bard replied "We march on the morrow."

(So what do you think? )
    Last edited by Gandalfus; December 05, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

it's good for a first one...maybe you must put some ingame objectiv different from Victory Condition(for example help elf defend themself,don't betray dwarf and so on)

Will do. Thx
    edit: done and done
    So out of 117 views only one has an account and commented?
    for those viewing now: chapter 2 isn't finished yet, so be prepared for more
    Last edited by Gandalfus; November 29, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

Chapter 2:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    As Dale's armies marched to war, Hawin was plotting...Attachment 192232
    Hawin was the lord of Riverrun, and was the master of that city and all the land that the eye could see from the city's grand tower. This made Hawin one of the most powerful lords of Dale, second only to the lord of Esgaroth and the king of Dale.

Hawin smiled as he looked at the tax records. The nobles and commoners alike payed their dues to the crown, and Hawin made sure that was what happened. although there were a few who avoided tax, they would be "convinced to" soon enough.
    "My Earl, Lord Athelstan wants to speak to you." Hawin's servant informed him.
    "bring him in, but clear the room of servant's first. Tell them they can rest for awhile."Hawin told the servant
    "of course Lord!" the servant grinned at the prospect of rest and invited Athelstan into the room.

"Greetings Earl Hawin, I have come to talk to you about the delicate matter of..."
    Athelstan paused and looked around "The Easterlings"
    "Yes, I'm worried too, We have worked so hard to keep the peace, but Bard's movements into Rhovanion will shatter all that we have worked for." Hawin sighed
    "Yes indeed my Earl, paying the Easterlings now is out of the question, they are already on the move towards Dorwinion. Riverrun is at peace, but I have my agents looking around for spies of Sauron, and of Rhun." Athelstan paused once more and looked around.
    "Rumour has it that the orcs of the misty mountains are searching for the One Ring, and that Sauron is making his move into Gondor. There is also word that The Rhun tribes are gathering and are preparing to march on our kingdom. Darkness will soon engulf us all Hawin, so we must prepare" Athelstan bowed and took his leave.
    Hawin nodded grimly. Athelstan was right.
    War is coming

Bard knew that he could march, he wanted to march, but his generals and captains squabbled pathetically about scouting the territory around. Bard sighed. He was a logical man, and he saw the merits of reconnaissance around neighbouring areas, but surely he would have been warned by the elves of any orc warbands by now?

Bard's war council had been just a argument. Do this, do that, go here, go there, the generals would either suit their own ends, or try and play it too safe for Bard's liking. he wanted to march, but he would have to wait. Attachment 192232
    Harald, Bard's trusted friend, warrior and messenger, burst into the tent and said
    "I am sorry my lord, but word has reached us of our spy reaching the area to the north."
    "What does he report?" Bard asked
    "He says that there is nothing around the area, but strangely, the elves there don't answer to Thranduil, but to their own petty lord." Harald repliedAttachment 193206
    "Strange... But I told my foolish generals to trust their gut, rather than be cautious and waste more time worrying about war bands" Bard sighed
    As Harald left, Bard thought to himself about the trials ahead.
    A lot of blood will be spilled in my lifetime he glumly thought to himself. but war is coming, and Bard smiled at the prospect of leading troops into battle again.
    Last edited by Gandalfus; December 05, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

Trailhog250's Avatar Semisalis

Good... Good. Maybe they should be in spoilers. Or maybe like this though for example:

sd

Quote Originally Posted by Trailhog250 View Post
    Good... Good. Maybe they should be in spoilers. Or maybe like this though for example:

sd

yes spoiler are a good ideea

but if you can make chapaters a bit longer ...i think they are too ... too short but in rest it's good.

srry for late reply but in last time I rearlly come on twcenter

now for encouragement i say this:KEEP THIS AAR ALIVE IT'S PROMISING

good ill like it its interesting cause from what i hear your doing one of the hardest campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon150 View Post
    good ill like it its interesting cause from what i hear your doing one of the hardest campaigns
    Dale aren't so hardly.From my experience the harder campagin are:

1.OotM
    2.OoG
    3.Isengard
    4.Rhun
    5.idk but maybe dale

Sorry guys I've been busy this weekend so I haven't had chance to update the AAR, but it will not die and I hope to write up the rest of chapter 2 and complete chapter three this Monday night (5th December Incase you didn't know or whatever.)

Stay tuned
    oh and thanks for all the positive comments
    Couldn't find my screenies but now I located them,so forgive my period of inactivity and blame school

right sorry about this but my TATW has experienced a bug and will not start up. I have enough screenies to write some more chaters, but it will be pretty pointless because I won't be able to carry it on after that.
    Last edited by Gandalfus; January 21, 2012 at 07:26 AM.