Thread: On the next version!

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Default On the next version!

Hello! I'm trying to create the v.2.0 of this mod. I know that with the patches this mod has reached the version 7, but I will consider them just as minor patches (0.5,0.6,0.7...) and release the newer version as the 2.0

These are the main points for the newer version:

- New faction: Kingdom of Bosphorus
    - Total reskin for the Romans' units. I've already started this one and I've already reskinned all the premarian units. I will then change the marian reform so that when it occurs it will change the units from the camillan sistem to the polybian one. So, pratically, you'll still have hastati, principes and triarii as main units, but they will be different!
    - New units for many factions: gallic and italic auxilia for the romans, iphicratean hoplites for the greeks, hellenic scutarii for the kingdom of Massilia, prodromoi and thessalian cavalry for the macedonian kingdom, heavy scutarii for the iberians and maybe even some auxiliary units for the hellenistic factions.
    - I will also try to add some more depth to the barbarian factions by adding the new city level from BI and all the buildings that are included in that expansion.

This is all I'm planning to do for the newest release. Unfortunately I'm working on this alone, because comrade_general has ritired from modding for the moment. So it's not sure that I'll be able to introduce the new faction, but I'll try my best! If I'll have the time, I'll also convert the briton tribes into the Boii.

I advise you gentlemen that these will take time, cause I can work on these only 2 days per week.

Wish me luck!

Help wanted: I'm searching for a 2d artist for the new UIs. I could also use a coder...or a texturer. Basicly, I'm looking for anyone who could ease the amount of job to do. Thank you!
    Last edited by Cinuz; November 28, 2011 at 08:11 AM.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: On the next version!

Soarin' accepted to help me with some models, so the newest release will have a moderatly good amount of new units.
    Also, I'll finish the new Romans roster on sunday.
    After all the new units for the already existing factions will be done, I'll start working on the Kingdom of Bosphorus!

Icon7 Re: On the next version!

Ok, I can't wait for this next version

I wish that the romans shields would be like this:

But I only imagine that would be cool if they have the shields with this yellow details.

Ps: Sorry my bad english, I am brazilian
    Last edited by Gabriel_Carthage; November 28, 2011 at 04:04 PM.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Don't worry about your english!

About the shield, unfortunatly they won't be like these, cause that's an imperial scutum, while the roman units in this mod are republican!

Good luck mate i loved your first release do your best!

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Thank you buddy!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If you don't mind me asking, will you be changing the map?
    I ask because the name is Hellenic states, but the map covers more of western mediterranean, than east, where Hellenistic states where to be found.
    I like the sound of this mod, judging from the description at the top.
    So best of luck, especially as you are currently a two man show

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Mmh, actually I'm considering the option of adding 2 regions in the Bosphoran area, but I'm not moving the map to the east (that'll mean a lot of work, and I working on these pretty much alone)

All the best with this mod Cinuz, here was me thinking it was pretty much finished with!

If I could mod, I'd help. Unfortuantly I can mod as well as I can play tennis with a broken hand.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

actually, the one that really changes was the triarii, they are going from Cammilan Elite Hoplite troops, into Polybian heavy spear ones, hastati and principes are still more or less the same

and I wonder if the "reform" should actually not remove the older hastati and principes, just remove hoplite like triarii and change them to heavy spearmen, or better, gave them just new units, but old ones are still trainable as well (the polybian reform, is not as subtle as marian ones)

good luck with your project

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

What I want to do with the reform, is to change mainly the appereance of the units: when the reform'll occur, you'll be able to recruit all the old units, but with new textures. What will change will be the principes, that while at first will be armed with an hasta, after the reform they'll start to use the gladius!

Will other factions recieve something from the reforms?

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Nope, just the romans...

debux's Avatar Senator

Still working here? Sorry to necro, just wondering what happened
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Well, at the moment there are just few things to be done:
    - Skins for the reformed roman units
    - Some adjustment in buildings
    - A LOT of Uis...
    - Some unit balancing for the Bosphoran Kingdom
    I think that's all...but at the moment (actually it's from December that I don't work on this) I've stopped modding...I got more important things to do in RL...thanks for the interest anyway

debux's Avatar Senator

Alright... I was just looking around for minimods to add to the downloads thread (because we're also going to do a swap campaign on Exilian, so I could clear up all the links and stuff), and this looked interesting.

Good luck with RL! And if you ever have time and interest, you might join up in our swap as well!
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Is there anyway you would change the hellenistic cptains look trhoug my opinion they look to roman

Is this still alive?

If it is...the rosters for main Diadochi factions feel too similar. Maybe adding some sort of special units to them, for example...Macedonians could get Kestrosphendone slingers (I hope I spelled it right), Epirotes could get Gastraphetes, Antigonids could have Hypaspists, Seleucids could get the Silver Shield Legionaires, and Ptolemaics could get a version of Pharaoh's Bowmen from vanilla. All these units have been made for various mods, perhaps you could poke around, ask for permission to use them instead of creating them from scratch.

Any plans to add more regions to the map ?