Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] v4.0 Game of Thrones - NEW UNIT MOD RELEASED!

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] v1.1 The Imagery and Music of HBO's Game of Thrones. - Compatible with Enhanced NEW VERSION

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    nice! but why not try based on the book descriptions ?
    Haha, very funny, I think it's pretty clear why

Damn, new page. Go to previous page to see Winterfell Strat Model WIP.
    Last edited by Inarus; May 14, 2012 at 08:42 AM.

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] v1.1 The Imagery and Music of HBO's Game of Thrones. - Compatible with Enhanced NEW VERSION

Posted as requested

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    Whether or not this will make it into the mod, I cannot say. I don't have a clue how to implement single custom settlements but aim to ask around. Tutorials seem vague, I need to look again. So don't get too hopeful
    Take a trip over to Third Age forum and see about getting help from them. They are quite experienced with custom settlements if you haven't seen the glory of TATW 3.1

Zack-Stefy's Avatar Decanus

great work! will you guys make new units?

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

Radboud love the loading screen! i wish i could have this pick just for my back ground lolz. good work + rep!

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Those pics were made by Inarus, he just asked me to post it .

nice stuff !

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I think the credits are especially great
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Winterfell looks great even since I pictured it different in the books! :p
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by MagUidir View Post
    Radboud love the loading screen! i wish i could have this pick just for my back ground lolz. good work + rep!
    Your wish is my command .

Bugger it's been cropped! Damn Photobucket! Give me a second! Okay, it is now attached!

Roughly 720p video, the image though is the same size as my rather wierdly sized screen: 1366x768. Hope that is okay for you, may be too small but I'm afraid I only have a laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack-Stefy View Post
    great work! will you guys make new units?

Will the people we sent off pictures of certain characters ever get back to us?

On a large scale? Unlikely, my team is tiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    Those pics were made by Inarus, he just asked me to post it .

Such modesty

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Winterfell looks great even since I pictured it different in the books! :p

Hehe, blame HBO

I'm not sure how many versions there will be of Winterfell, Radboud nags me to base it off the Intro map which is a possibility (not just that but the entire map, but that's a huge job for much later). I think for now the realistic castle works best. I shall let players' opinions guide me when it is nearly done:

Need now to do surrounding walls, make some pieces 3D and add the Godswood to the right side. Then to go polycutting and send it to the strat map expert!

Another Awesome Preview
    Last edited by Inarus; May 15, 2012 at 08:24 PM.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Havn't checked back here in a while but I gotta say... Still amazed. And damn, if you manage to create Winterfell, I think the main mod team will be most.... Let's say enthustiastic?
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Patch for Enhanced:

Extract to:

Westeros\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\

I seriously haven't played enhanced yet it's me spotting the bliddy issues. Come on guys!

This is now how the Winterfell Model is looking:

I have strived to be as close to what little is seen in the series, but the positioning of the Godswood and how it fits into the model was the hardest part. The intro credits suggest it sort of being plonked on the side, but I preferred it being part of the castle and I think this works best.

The image below is using temporary sketchup textures (hence why even the roofs and wood are one same colour), the trees are M2TW models, though I might explore the possibility of using trees on the map to form the Godswood.

Anyway, the aim of this is to get your opinions .

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Very nice! +rep to you!

Winterfell is looking really great , just like it was on the series

+rep for the cool model

great! keep in mind that the godswood was enclosed by the castle walls though (don't really know how the show treated this part )

are you also gonna make the Wall ?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    great! keep in mind that the godswood was enclosed by the castle walls though (don't really know how the show treated this part )

are you also gonna make the Wall ?
    There's so many trees you can't even see the enclosing wall .

Eventually, presuming this venture is a success, I will make the Wall and Castle Black. At the moment I was planning on doing other models (I have a Harrenhall model just begun that's pretty plain atm). My issue with the wall is that I don't know how wide it should be and I don't know if WTW 1.0 will change the map.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Excellent work chap!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Preview Time:

Amazing what one can do in only an hour (and about 5 more minutes to do some rough texturing ):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(Just a rough outline based on what is seen in the series, I'll maybe add to it as is described in the books but I'll mostly keep the series' outline).

I've also been testing the positioning of some trees for the Godswood of Winterfell, hopefully these shall be all that's necessary... we shall see
    The Godswood Grows

A loading screen:
    Arya

And finally information on the Winterfell strat model:

Winterfell

As can be seen it is textured, awaiting only the final few steps of being added in. The Wierwood will hopefully be obscured entirely (apart from the top) by the trees in the previous screenshot, but won't receive snow as they will during Winter.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] v1.1 The Imagery and Music of HBO's Game of Thrones - Compatible with Enhanced NEW PREVIEW

Very cool preview +rep