Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] v4.0 Game of Thrones - NEW UNIT MOD RELEASED!

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] v1.0. The Imagery and Music of HBO's Game of Thrones. - Compatible with Enhanced

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    Not sure if anyone brought it up yet, but I feel I should since I just downloaded this yesterday and encountered the error:

The Westeros config file is duplicated; as soon as the information is done in the file, it's pasted in again, [features] etcetera. This causes the game to suffer a fatal error when trying to load it.
    Thank you so much! Only one person has reported a crash and I was utterly baffled by it! Expect an imminent patch and re-upload of the main mod.

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] v1.0. The Imagery and Music of HBO's Game of Thrones. - Compatible with Enhanced

Enhanced Users who are experiencing crashes require the following fix. Simply overwrite your Westeros.cfg with the one in this .rar file.

(Apologies)

(Issue caused by that hasty patch )

Thanks and Rep to those who point out things that need fixing/changing... I loaded Enhanced and saw about 10billion just in the main menu! Really should have tested it more than "does it not crash between launching and the first menu screen appearing?" I hate having to make mods compatible with others .

Yes it's sad smilie day .

Main download is now uploaded.
    Last edited by Inarus; May 03, 2012 at 12:21 PM.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Im happy to say, the latest post made it all work for me and so far I love this submod!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Question time: What picture do I use for the "Shadow Spawned" eventpic?

BTW, Season 2 Soundtrack Scheduled for release on the 29th May, the music mod will be released some time after then for those who have both soundtracks, or just one.

Oh and here is one of the new eventpics:

Many of the vague ones will be updated with the hoard of new scenes coming up
    Last edited by Inarus; June 01, 2012 at 09:35 AM.

Hey Inarius i just followed correctly all the instruction copied all the fixing files in the right folders but the game just wont start. as long as i try to start the game after few seconds it says
    cit.
    CA_LIBS
    Medieval II suffered a fatal error and will now exit

some suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Manwe View Post
    Hey Inarius i just followed correctly all the instruction copied all the fixing files in the right folders but the game just wont start. as long as i try to start the game after few seconds it says
    cit.
    CA_LIBS
    Medieval II suffered a fatal error and will now exit

some suggestions?
    Are you running Enhanced Submod? In which case did you download the above patch (Post 142) (if you downloaded the mod after that patch you should not need it) and did you extract the descr_strat.txt as the OP states?

And if you aren't running Enhanced, I hope you didn't do the above

Date of download is extremely useful for me to know.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Inarus; May 03, 2012 at 06:48 AM.

i'm running the simple 0.53 version of Westeros not enhanced ... did i something wrong PP?

You need to either download the most recent patch in this thread, or go into your westeros config file, and delete the duplicated info, if you know how.

Thank you guys i solved it D

1.1 Released

This definitely runs on both Vanilla and Enhanced, and adds a few new eventpics, Roose's character portrait and some fixes for enhanced (better menu appearance). Oh and hotseat now works. Think that's all. I may do a patch version tomorrow, but I am exceedingly busy, so don't get too hopeful . If you don't see it by 5pm GMT, look to the main download as your only means of getting it

Think that is all, enjoy and this Better Damn Work!
    Last edited by Inarus; May 04, 2012 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    Also, will there be more faction videos coming very soon ?
    Amazing what one can do with Windows Live Movie Maker (scream and rant at one's laptop screen being one such possibility)...

Purely a test of course... :
    Last edited by Inarus; May 07, 2012 at 03:03 PM.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] v1.1 The Imagery and Music of HBO's Game of Thrones. - Compatible with Enhanced NEW VERSION

Ha, Nice addition

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] v1.1 The Imagery and Music of HBO's Game of Thrones. - Compatible with Enhanced NEW VERSION

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Ha, Nice addition
    Plus there's five more

Now you'll have to wait until season three ... but (beware of story spoilers here)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    use the scene of Robb Stark getting stabbed by Roose Bolton at the Red Wedding as a betrayal event pic when a supposed ally backstabs you. happens a lot in total war games

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mars View Post
    Now you'll have to wait until season three ... but (beware of story spoilers here)
    Damn well major spoilers there You think far ahead. Good thought, though I expect it to be postponed until Season 4 - that happens early in Part 2: Blood and Gold (English Version).

I shall test, though, if a different picture can be used by the betrayal event, as they are grouped under diplomacy at the moment...

JEE, THANKS FOR THAT.

Actually it seems you put that in spoilrs already, but when the e-mail notification showed, it didn't hide it. I already knew that the event would happen (accidentally spoiled myself once) but I didn't know how, when, or why.

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    Damn well major spoilers there You think far ahead. Good thought, though I expect it to be postponed until Season 4 - that happens early in Part 2: Blood and Gold (English Version).

I shall test, though, if a different picture can be used by the betrayal event, as they are grouped under diplomacy at the moment...
    Thank you for reading my suggestion and I remember how long that book is, there are plenty of other pics for betrayal like when Lord Baelish betrays Eddard Stark and puts a knife to his throat! That would be a good picture, but the Red Wedding pic suits better for the purpose of betrayal. Nonetheless, this is a good submod I will install it if it isn't included when the full version of Westeros: Total war comes out

We all know Winterfell, but in case you have forgotten it's HBO portrayal here are some snaps: (okay so I wanted what I'm working off in one single space )

(Big Images, not necessary to look at )

So how does this Winterfell compare?

This is a rough start, and for the STRATEGY MAP. Hence the lack of fine detail. I'm striving to keep the number of edges/faces [poly count] low or otherwise it will lag like buggery I just did that rounded drum bit right this second, it's like to be moved respective to the images.

And before the sketchup posts start: make 3ds comprehensible, easy to use, less convoluted UI, etc before I use it for any more than simply converting .

Whether or not this will make it into the mod, I cannot say. I don't have a clue how to implement single custom settlements but aim to ask around. Tutorials seem vague, I need to look again. So don't get too hopeful
    Last edited by Inarus; May 13, 2012 at 10:32 PM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Very nice stuff
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

nice! but why not try based on the book descriptions ?