Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 631464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1244

Thread: [SUBMOD] v4.0 Game of Thrones - NEW UNIT MOD RELEASED!

Default Re: Submod Preview: The Imagery of HBO's Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-thrones Here you go mate, also download the russian text fix...
    Thanks. However, the game crashes when I try to start a campaign :/

Default Re: Submod Preview: The Imagery of HBO's Game of Thrones

if mas pass the same thing to someone. I cannot unload the mod from moddb he says to me link expired or also, unloads me but then the unload falls it and tried often and always the unload is fallen

Default Re: [SUBMOD] v4.0 Game of Thrones - NEW UNIT MOD RELEASED!

Hey guys, i have two questions...How's the update's progress? And have you found a solution on the glitches and crashes of the Tyrells?

Hi guys, i'm a steam user,
    i've installed both westeros, youngblood and GoT3.0 and it's very beatufil! looks great, work ok!
    i'm a problem with Got4.0, after the installation when i start a campaign it crash with the follow message:
    "Mediaval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

Someone can help me please??

sauron_1989
    What does Got_Enhanced/logs/Got.log.txt say at the end? That usually gives a clue.

Haven't done as much on the update as planned, the boltons are nearly done as a faction but the merc units aren't really done. Still haven't added the sprites in either, it's a bit time consuming to replace all the lines in modeldb. I don't know what's wrong with the tyrells, can't think of any reason why that faction should crash more often. Using a new map for the next version could be an idea, then everything can be added in gradually from scratch and maybe there would be fewer bugs that way.
    Winter is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    sauron_1989
    What does Got_Enhanced/logs/Got.log.txt say at the end? That usually gives a clue.

Haven't done as much on the update as planned, the boltons are nearly done as a faction but the merc units aren't really done. Still haven't added the sprites in either, it's a bit time consuming to replace all the lines in modeldb. I don't know what's wrong with the tyrells, can't think of any reason why that faction should crash more often. Using a new map for the next version could be an idea, then everything can be added in gradually from scratch and maybe there would be fewer bugs that way.

I see, a new map for the new version would be awesome, have you tested the Tyrells yourself? Many times what triggers a crash is when , at the start of each turn, i read my recruitment report one or more of the troops i recruited appear as blank ( white ) instead of seeing the usual unit's model along with the name, other times it often crashes when i end my turn or when my new one begins...I'm still trying to play with them just to see a pattern and what may be the problem but they are so random...

Hi VltimaRatio,

the last seven strings are like these:

02:09:41.670 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    02:09:41.670 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    02:09:41.670 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    02:09:41.671 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    02:09:41.671 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    02:09:41.671 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    02:09:41.671 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing

and up there lot of error and warning like this.
    maybe is because i had to rename the "GoT_Enhanced" folder to "crusades" for play with steam. is right?
    what i can do?
    thank you for your help

Quote Originally Posted by sauron_1989 View Post
    Hi VltimaRatio,

the last seven strings are like these:

02:09:41.670 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    02:09:41.670 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    02:09:41.670 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    02:09:41.671 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    02:09:41.671 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    02:09:41.671 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    02:09:41.671 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing

and up there lot of error and warning like this.
    maybe is because i had to rename the "GoT_Enhanced" folder to "crusades" for play with steam. is right?
    what i can do?
    thank you for your help
    I honestly don't know how the steam version of the game works, does it run the mod by the executable in the Got_Enhanced folder? I think you're right, it's probably the cause of the CTD.

Someone posted a more detailed guide to installing the mod for the steam version a few pages back, but I don't know if you used that and I have no way of telling if it's right.
    Winter is Coming

Have you a plan to make the Bolton Cavalry too my friend ??

The game doesn't start if i run it by the executable in the Got_Enhanced folder.
    If i run it with Steam it run but at the moment i start a campaign it crash

I honestly don't know how the steam version of the game works, does it run the mod by the executable in the Got_Enhanced folder? I think you're right, it's probably the cause of the CTD.

Someone posted a more detailed guide to installing the mod for the steam version a few pages back, but I don't know if you used that and I have no way of telling if it's right.
    I try to run the game from the executable.bat file but it bring an error message like this: it's impossible to find the "kingdoms.exe" file etc.."
    someone is playing with Got 4.0 with Steam and can help me?

Default Re: [SUBMOD] v3.0 Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Aeoh View Post
    fixed, if you have the steam ver like me, set up a clean install of youngbloods, install game of thrones enhanced 3.0, then install this mod, rename it and replace americas, then run it on steam
    This could work but I can't test it myself.

Edit
    In addition to the northern levies, Bolton has heavy and light cavalry, longbows, spearmen, pavise spearmen, plus light and heavy swordsmen. The sword units are probably better as armor upgrades for the same unit though.

They work in the campaign, I figured it was better to have them there from the start so they're playable, not really a stretch anyway if the campaign starts at the start of ACOK.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boltoncampaign.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	355.3 KB 
ID:	340052

So a patch with the new faction isn't far off but it won't include much else, I've no idea how to fix the campaign bugs (I'd ask the italians for permission to use their map and put the factions in from scratch but that's for the submod leaders to decide)
    Last edited by VltimaRatio; August 29, 2016 at 09:43 AM.
    Winter is Coming

For the 3.0 version this system is ok, it goes great!
    But when i install the 4.0 version the game start but the campaign doesn't start.
    thank you

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by sauron_1989 View Post
    For the 3.0 version this system is ok, it goes great!
    But when i install the 4.0 version the game start but the campaign doesn't start.
    thank you
    Try remove the rvm-file in world/maps etc folders. Search for it and delete it.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

instead of renaming it, i installed it another way as well, i just opened the batch file in text editor and renamed kingdoms to medieval2.exe

Edit
    In addition to the northern levies, Bolton has heavy and light cavalry, longbows, spearmen, pavise spearmen, plus light and heavy swordsmen. The sword units are probably better as armor upgrades for the same unit though.

They work in the campaign, I figured it was better to have them there from the start so they're playable, not really a stretch anyway if the campaign starts at the start of ACOK.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boltoncampaign.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	355.3 KB 
ID:	340052

So a patch with the new faction isn't far off but it won't include much else, I've no idea how to fix the campaign bugs (I'd ask the italians for permission to use their map and put the factions in from scratch but that's for the submod leaders to decide)
    Wow !! That Ramsay that what I want to play Thank a lot !!

the new tyrell spearmen description and unit name comes out under Unlocalized placement text, bodyguard unit comes out fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeoh View Post
    the new tyrell spearmen description and unit name comes out under Unlocalized placement text, bodyguard unit comes out fine!

Open the export_units.txt file and search for Tyrell Swordsmen ,after the swordsmen put the following:

{Tyrell_Guards}Tyrell Guards
    {Tyrell_Guards_descr}Tyrell Guards
    {Tyrell_Guards_descr_short}Tyrell Guards

save it and you're done!

hey Stannis could you make a quick visual of what the file will look like when you do what you just said about the new tyrell unit... kinda haven a brain fart here sorry dude lol

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMortal View Post
    hey Stannis could you make a quick visual of what the file will look like when you do what you just said about the new tyrell unit... kinda haven a brain fart here sorry dude lol
    No problem, here you go mate!