Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1244

Thread: [SUBMOD] v4.0 Game of Thrones - NEW UNIT MOD RELEASED!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] v3.0 Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I haven't touched any text-files, so it must be a vanilla bug or something if the text is in russian at some places. I knew some of the text are in russian.

Yes, this will hopefully be fixed pretty soon. Btw, congratulations on the mod being top-five =).
    The Russian text files were leftovers from another mod, they came with the siege engines or the horses I think.

I replaced the text folder with the one I had before that and it worked. Maybe I forgot to send you those files, but I'll upload a fix that should work for everyone.

If your game crashes, can you post the log and state what version of the game you have (Steam or regular and so on)
    Winter is Coming

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by jedimannan111 View Post
    Every time I try a clean download and install, it will work until I go into a campaign battle, and half way through the fight, the game crashes!!! After that, the game won't get past loading screens to reload or start new campaigns or custom battles. PLEASE HELP, you made the game, along with the errors, and you have the answers to solve the problems! Already consulted numerous forums with no luck!
    Then maybe it didn't work as intended with one download, i will need to adjust the installation process then- you may need to install the youngbloods, then GoT 3.0 and after that add the 4.0 files in. And in-between installing youngblood and GoT 3.0 one may need to rename the folder to GoT_Enhanced.

We hoped this would not be necessary- but if it crashes alot i don't see another cause. Installation process will be updated.

The russian text is a bug i think after messing with files- VltimaRatio may have a fix to that.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

I've got a MOD DB account but I can't add files to the mod, here's the fix anyway

https://www.dropbox.com/s/454c3qjhnyhm5pz/text.rar?dl=0

delete your text folder and replace it with this one
    Last edited by VltimaRatio; August 13, 2016 at 05:17 AM.
    Winter is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    The Russian text files were leftovers from another mod, they came with the siege engines or the horses I think.

I replaced the text folder with the one I had before that and it worked. Maybe I forgot to send you those files, but I'll upload a fix that should work for everyone.

If your game crashes, can you post the log and state what version of the game you have (Steam or regular and so on)
    Then it was the Rusichi Marka Horses i think.

No, my mod won't crash as far as i am aware of.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Here is the new installation instructions (article on MODDB also updated):

Installation:
    "Make sure you have Medieval II Total War Kingdoms installed, disable the UAC if you can and all that- then install the youngblood/enhanced version of Westeros Total War found here:

Twcenter.net

After that is installed, rename the mod-folder from Youngbloods to "GoT_Enhanced"- then install version 3.0 of the GoT-mod found here:

Moddb.com

When that's done you should download the v 4.0 of the GoT-mod and extract it over the old folder.
    Then, you can play! If you want the music of the show you need to also follow the steps in the article, or above in the thread.

We had hoped to save people from needing to do all of these steps- but it crashes alot i've heard when it's not installed the old way.

The russian text will be fixed later."

Btw, Gigantus sent me information on how to fix the strat_models- the problem is i did all of that and it didn't work- but he succeeeded somehow. He didn't send me the files though and i won't succeed.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 13, 2016 at 05:34 AM.

- The Havamal

So he got them working?

Anyway, you should add the text fix to ModDB
    Winter is Coming

So he got them working?

Anyway, you should add the text fix to ModDB
    Yes, but as most of the generals and captains are using the same models there is no need for specific entries. Then all of those could use like for example the "Tyrell_General" for both general and captain- as they don't have unique looks at the moment.

I need the files though and he only did four of them i think.

- The Havamal

There were captain and general models for all factions in the generals.rar file I'm sure.

But anything is better than vanilla models.

Can't see why the swords don't work though, I'm sure they all had them before I converted them to .cas
    Winter is Coming

There were captain and general models for all factions in the generals.rar file I'm sure.

But anything is better than vanilla models.

Can't see why the swords don't work though, I'm sure they all had them before I converted them to .cas
    No, you did forget to include some of the captains i am sure. There were captains only for the Arryns, Dorne and Tyrell.

I have all the Captain.cas-files for all factions. But you forgot to include textures for all captains but those three above.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 13, 2016 at 06:10 AM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    No, you did forget to include some of the captains i am sure. There were captains only for the Arryns, Dorne and Tyrell.

I have all the Captain.cas-files for all factions. But you forgot to include textures for all captains but those three above.
    If there is no captain texture they both use the same one, should probably have clarified that.
    Winter is Coming

If there is no captain texture they both use the same one, should probably have clarified that.
    I see, anyway i've added your text-fix to my version and replaced the download with that one- so the russian text is hopefully fixed now.

The installation instructions have also been updated as i think the problem was the installation regarding the crashes- they do need the youngbloods and GoT 3.0 installed first it would seem.

The strat-generals and captains i will try to add again.

- The Havamal

MystikMocha's Avatar Libertus

I've downloaded it just like you said, Nygren, but the new stuff doesn't seem to be in game...

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

Quote Originally Posted by MystikMocha View Post
    I've downloaded it just like you said, Nygren, but the new stuff doesn't seem to be in game...
    Exactly how did you download it?

Edit
    : Something tells me you did not extract the content of GoT V 4.0 over the content of version 3.0.

First install youngblood, then you'll have an improved original Westeros Total War.

Then rename the mod-folder from "Youngblood" to "GoT_Enhanced" and download GoT Enhanced V 3.0 for Enhanced/Youngblood- this will get you the old version of the GoT-mod without the units etc.

And lastly, download version 4.0 and extract the content of the downloaded GoT_Enhanced-folder over your renamed "GoT_Enhanced"-folder.

Also, make sure you are not extracting a folder with the same name into the GoT_Enhanced folder. Make sure it only has the mod-files inside and sub-folders.

You must get messages like "file already exists" and then click overwrite on those. I guess you may have extracted a folder into the GoT_Enhanced-folder- with the same name.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 13, 2016 at 01:38 PM.

- The Havamal

Wow what a fail. I did everything right but when I extracted Got V4.0 I extracted GoT_Enhanced inside GoT_Enhanced, instead of extracting the contents inside

Thanks for the help, bro. Just finishing downloading the fixed text version and I'll check it out (should probably work). Meanwhile, I'll give out some rep, although the forums keep telling me I must spread it around first

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

Quote Originally Posted by MystikMocha View Post
    Wow what a fail. I did everything right but when I extracted Got V4.0 I extracted GoT_Enhanced inside GoT_Enhanced, instead of extracting the contents inside

Thanks for the help, bro. Just finishing downloading the fixed text version and I'll check it out (should probably work). Meanwhile, I'll give out some rep, although the forums keep telling me I must spread it around first
    Good work man, i've heard troubling news about the text though. I did replace all the text with the text i got from VltimaRatio- but he stated i should remove the old text-folder.. Instead i just replaced the content inside, maybe not everything disappeared then, if it's still some rusian text left..

I need to re-upload again then.. But i got it right regarding your installation though. I need to clarify that more clearly in the installation instructions, as RAR-files always creates folders inside of folders -with the same names.

Also, the strat_generals will possibly be in the next update.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 13, 2016 at 02:06 PM.

- The Havamal

Ok then. I'll probably just wait until next update is super complete, so I avoid wasting like almost 1 gig time worth of downloading. Good to know there's more updates coming soon, glad to be a supporter. As a quick review, I must say these are my favorite looking units (I've played) so far in the forums. Nice job, two-person team!

In my personal opinion, these new units breathe fresh life into Westeros Total War. And if I may be so bold, I believe you two are in your way to rivaling the more modern Game of Thrones Total War type mods. I do like how while not all Bannermen houses are represented as individual units like the Boltons and Karstarks, houses like Manderley, Umber and Clegane are still represented in those "mixed units" I was holding off on Westeoros Total War as it was more or less tetextured Medieval 2 units. But these units alone add more incentive to do a campaign. With the Greatjon leading the Van of course.

I'm having fun and currently no issues apart from one crash while starting a battle. I would also wish the AI in this mod was more aggressive.

Dear Mr_Nygren and VltimaRatio,
    could i commission you guys to make this mod in a Dance of Dragons/Winds of Winter Scenario? I really want to fight the war in the north, and you already have Bolton units in game! Let me know what you think of the idea!

OH YA SENEGAL!!!

As well, the new install instructions worked! Thanks!

OH YA SENEGAL!!!