Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] v4.0 Game of Thrones - NEW UNIT MOD RELEASED!

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Default Re: [NEW PREVIEW] Submod: The Imagery of HBO's Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    There is such a file in the vanilla medieval II data folder, can't you use that one?
    Wierd I don't have it, maybe it IS in the pack files... I'll go extract them... the filelist didn't list that file though... I'm confused... ARGH

UI is looking nice...

EDIT: Found it!!! It was a separate download from TWC, don't know why CA didn't provide it in the game files itself :S
    Last edited by Inarus; March 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

it's probably in a pack normally.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Well I am almost done with the soundtrack but a tad undecided about the music that follows the victory announcement on the battle map (current track is "(Euro_Win_1)_Going_Home.mp3".

The advantage of that track is it is sudden, joyous and with lots of cheering, perfect victory. I have not replaced every track from M2TW, the soundtrack is too short to cover everything and listening to the same tune repeatedly does get tedious, nonetheless, I would like key tunes such as the aforementioned victory song to be new. The replacements I had in mind were Finale for its unbeatable ending but that has the disadvantage of a very slow start. So aside from that, the most fitting are probably "Game of Thrones" (not to be confused with "Main Title") and "The King's Arrival".

Anyway, if anyone who is interested would like to suggest which of these tracks to adopt please say so, if they think the original M2 song is best, please say that too

the teutonic expansion has some pretty nice tracks

Awesome pics, nice tie in with the series

I have released the Music Files with a very (overly) detailed installation guide. I honestly explored everything from command lines to downloadable renamers (seriously, who would have downloaded something just to rename 29 files?!). I even discovered there was an easy way to rename multiple files in Windows (select numerous files and hit F2, rename and magix! (Now hit Ctrl+Z since you foolishly renamed all those files )). Anyway, simply renaming then hitting tab is the best method, "surprisingly fast" - quote from Inarus, Master of Touch Typing.

Now having enjoyed patronising you all, goodnight.

EDIT: It is a Beta because tracks are (mostly) randomly loaded so I could not check that every one was loading, mostly they seem to work. Also I would like your feedback, in particular, do I keep all of the Northern (Stark/Greyjoy) and Southern (Andal) M2TW Vanilla Strat Music?

EDIT2: To avoid any posts of the sort: NO I AM NOT GIVING YOU THE SOUNDTRACK FREE, get it yourself!
    Last edited by Inarus; March 30, 2012 at 07:50 PM.

Default Re: [MUSIC MOD RELEASED] Submod: The Imagery and Music of HBO's Game of Thrones.

Is this compatible with 0.53 enhanced?

Default Re: [MUSIC MOD RELEASED] Submod: The Imagery and Music of HBO's Game of Thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyGingerKid View Post
    Is this compatible with 0.53 enhanced?
    The music mod will be, the Artmod I am not sure about but with the release of 1.0 upcoming I would just wait as I aim to ensure that one is compatible with that mod.

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Preview time. the southern strat ui (battle ui should be coming within a few days)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Radboud; July 30, 2013 at 03:47 PM.

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    Preview time. the southern strat ui (battle ui should be coming within a few days)

wow that is very impressive! where does the rep need to be thrown?

awesome! great work

Shagga and the crow may need juuuust a bit of sharpening or darkening and it would be very cool (as it would complete everything) if you also made two advisor pics..
    -strat--> old Nan or Ros the prostitute and
    -battle--> Hodor!

Rep to Rad

We've also already completed the advisor images but Rad forgot to add them in in time (Tywin and Margaery Tyrell for Southern Battle and Strat and Alister Thorne and Septa Mordane for the North).

Quote Originally Posted by MagUidir View Post
    wow that is very impressive! where does the rep need to be thrown?
    Thanks, I made most of the ui stuff or edited it. Some bits Like Shagga and the leaves pattern were cut out by Inarus.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    awesome! great work

Shagga and the crow may need juuuust a bit of sharpening or darkening and it would be very cool (as it would complete everything) if you also made two advisor pics..
    -strat--> old Nan or Ros the prostitute and
    -battle--> Hodor!
    The Shagga you see in the pic is the unselected/desaturated recruit button, personally I'm pleased with the result so ...

well i can always darken it a bit my self

in any case, the UI is really beautiful !!! can't wait to see the northern one

woudl it be possible to have a Hodor-alternative advisor please ????
    Last edited by Noobio; April 09, 2012 at 02:53 PM.

i downloaded the mod as instructed per post 1. i pointed it to my westeros mod folder D:\programfiles(8x)\Sega\medieval2 totalwar\mods\westeros

i load up the game the first few screens arent new. picked a faction started a new game. still old loading screen. took a couple of units and started battles a couple of times still no new loading screens or anything. its not working.

no clue what im doing wrong. i even just sort of extracted the files to a random folder and all the files are there and i can view the pics. but still cannot get them to work with the game. not sure what im doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by warrior6 View Post
    i downloaded the mod as instructed per post 1. i pointed it to my westeros mod folder D:\programfiles(8x)\Sega\medieval2 totalwar\mods\westeros

i load up the game the first few screens arent new. picked a faction started a new game. still old loading screen. took a couple of units and started battles a couple of times still no new loading screens or anything. its not working.

no clue what im doing wrong. i even just sort of extracted the files to a random folder and all the files are there and i can view the pics. but still cannot get them to work with the game. not sure what im doing wrong.
    sorry meant 86x not 8x in the directory (cant edit posts on acct yet)

sorry meant 86x not 8x in the directory (cant edit posts on acct yet)
    lolol meant x86 DOH!!

Firstly I am informed by the UI master that he should be ready for a release soonish but if you're eager to play I'll guide you through the installer:

At the Directory screen it will tell you that the mod will be installed to:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Westeros
    Firstly, as StannisBaratheon (the TWC user not the King ) suggested, I seem to have retardedly forgotten to add "\data" to that file path.

So in full: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Westeros\data

Sorry about that, 1.0 will fix this. Also, I would recommend going to the Westeros directory an clear out any misplaced folders, be careful what you delete though.

Here is the battle ui

Time to release I'd say .
    Last edited by Radboud; July 30, 2013 at 03:48 PM.

Great Job !