Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] v4.0 Game of Thrones - NEW UNIT MOD RELEASED!

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Default Re: [NEW PREVIEW] Submod: The Imagery of HBO's Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by lh197 View Post
    Sorry this is OT but...
    Murfmurf is that a W:TW soldier using a morningstar in your sig??
    A) That's clearly an axe

B) If you're gonna be off-topic, it isn't hard to have a look and say "Nice work" or whatever is relevant

Due to this thread moving onto page 4, here's the latest preview again:

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    After hours of hard work and countless cups of tea, we have completely overwritten every single* Southern_European culture-group** Event Picture previously modded by the WTW team.

And here is the result, much larger and with a whole new border:

Enemy General's Death message:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Faction Symbols as seen in-game:

Messenger:

Mission Priest message:

Prisoners Executed:

Friendly General's Death message:

Work now continues on vanilla M2TW Event Pictures, which should form my next preview.

Radboud created that marvellous border, and is currently working on UIs influenced by the TV series.

* The Naval battle image posed the only issue, so simply have a fresh new border .

** The Southern_European Culture-group has been extended to include Lannister and Tully (still a bit hazy about southern_european extending to Tully, on one hand they support the Starks, on the other they worship the seven and are in southern Westeros, I shall look to their portrayal in future series to decide). Previously, cultures were the same as Medieval2 - England and France were northern, even though they represent Lannister and Tully respectively.
    Last edited by Inarus; February 19, 2012 at 05:43 PM.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

In regard to your last point, Tully and Lannister should definitely be part of the SE culture. Stark is unique in being not conquered by the Andals. I look forward to seeing your UIs!

And yes, it's an axe

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

I edited it to put that in, then came on to this page and realised it looks like I edited after you said that but really its very nice work, didn't mean to seem rude
    Yeah now you've said axe I can see it, before that it looked like that ball thing was hanging off it. I need my eyes testing.

A Time For Wolves...

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Well, I don't think you were rude but we are trying to get noticed by more people so it wasn't handy . Anyways, thanks .

ah Inarus , you might wanna take a look here, as i've edited it to have a maximum variability, regarding the event pics..still some are clearly oblosete (or even non-existing, actually) so you might want to keep the same pic for some, if you do use this file

like for example,

"trasgression" (in dipomacy) that must not exist, actually, as an event..so keep the "worsened_relations" etc for some more too

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    ah Inarus , you might wanna take a look here, as i've edited it to have a maximum variability, regarding the event pics..still some are clearly oblosete (or even non-existing, actually) so you might want to keep the same pic for some, if you do use this file

like for example,

"trasgression" (in dipomacy) that must not exist, actually, as an event..so keep the "worsened_relations" etc for some more too
    Apologies, I've just woken up which is probably why what I'm reading makes little sense....

I've looked through descr_event_images moreso for when I come across an image and don't recognise its purpose. Otherwise, my practice has been to go through each image in no particular order and replace that with a new image.

Now that I'm coming into the M2TW images I have simply copied across all M2's pics into the Westeros folder and removed those that clearly will not come up, ie "gunpowder_discovered", "crusade_called" and "mongols invade".

If one of my images doesn't pop up then I'm not overly fussed (unless it was a damn good pic ), I surely cannot screw up the game with this method so I carry on regardless

Teaser image for those not interested in the above text
    End of Year Report:

EDIT: The wise Radboud explained your point about Transgression in basic-english-for-tired-people... that at least makes a wee bit more sense
    Last edited by Inarus; February 20, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

like for example,

So you're saying you want to remove the transgression event? In that case I think it would be better if all factions have granted eachother military access (or at least to the king's faction) from the start of the game and once they're at war the military acess will be lifted (which means you don't need to remove transgression).

actually i just used "transgression" as an example (maybe a wrong one ) cause i just couldn't think of something else..

i had just re-edited the descr_event_images, in order to maximize the event images variability so that: every single event entry, would also have a separate image (as also by disabling the marriage videos, that had many cristian elements that didn't fit Westeros)

but unfortunately, (as said in my previous post) not all single event entries actually exist .. hope that makes better sense..for example, i'm not really sure if "transgression" actually triggers a separate event..some (whos title i just can't remember now, surely don't have one..)

in any case, with my edited file, now some events like "war_declared_on_ally" can now have their own pic (while before they shared the "worsened_relations") but someone has also to include those pics (obviously, named after the code entries)

hope now , it makes more sense i was just trying to partecipate/help ...sorry if i caused confusion instead

I for one appreciate the help, but didn't understand before. we'll probably wait for the new release of WTW to adjust the pics.

in any case, these are Vanilla events..cause the custom events are coded in the campaign_script so you could even start now, if you want

bye and keep up the good work

Thanks

It's preview time!

All southern event pics are now completed! The majority of the northern ones are done too!

Here's a sample of them:

Mission Merchant:

Woman Retires:

(Oh the irony)

Now for some pics of the new User Interface, note that these are WIP and it is the first time that Radboud (the maker of the UI) has seen them in-game, so there's quite a few bugs, and of course the main body of the campaign UI is untouched:

(Sorry about the bottom of the images, windowed mode messed up the screenies)

We are expecting to release this to coincide with Season 2 of Game of Thrones.
    Last edited by Inarus; March 01, 2012 at 11:14 AM.

nice!

maybe justa bit unsaturate ? it's kinna too "intense" ..also, you migtht wanna make the letterfont a bit more dark, so that it's more easily read

nice work in any case..can't wait to see the full UI panels

nice!

maybe justa bit unsaturate ? it's kinna too "intense" ..also, you migtht wanna make the letterfont a bit more dark, so that it's more easily read

nice work in any case..can't wait to see the full UI panels
    Thanks and yes, I meant to ask, wouldn't happen to know off the top of your head where the file is to adjust text colour?

descr_ui_colour_db

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Really like the border to the northern pics at the top.

+rep!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

i am not so good with photoshop but here is the stark wolf, obviously you have to enhance the borders and recolor it to silver without the random shadow. i hope this helps...with whatever you need

Thanks for the tips Noobas .

Nice image Toho, I might even use it.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Hm, what files does this submod alter? I wonder if it would be compatible with Prophet1331's Full Reskin Submod?
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zoran View Post
    Hm, what files does this submod alter? I wonder if it would be compatible with Prophet1331's Full Reskin Submod?
    0.1 only modifies character portraits, loading screens, the menu title and descr_strat.

None of these should conflict with a unit conversion mod, so you should be safe.

Future versions will, however, modify a lot more, maybe even some units.