Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] v4.0 Game of Thrones - NEW UNIT MOD RELEASED!

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [SUBMOD] v2.1 Game of Thrones - 2.1 is here! Easy Install!

Yeah, TWC knows the truth , the thieves can hide on some small , non important forums.

It is still sad how the people can't respect someone's hard work nowadays....

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

It's been hard for me to see our work being stolen and worse they are trying to accuse me for stealing from them. With that said I am grateful for the twc community and the kindness + support I got from fellow members.

I'm hoping to finish the Greyjoy ui soon so we can release a new update of the mod (maybe even with an ui for the Martell faction) around may of this year.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    It's been hard for me to see our work being stolen and worse they are trying to accuse me for stealing from them. With that said I am grateful for the twc community and the kindness + support I got from fellow members.
    That is not completly right. Noone accuse you for stealing from the German Mod. A few users do not understand the Modding Codex and so they protest against your complaint. They are a little part of the German forum. Most user, also the adminstration, support you, because you are right, and the Modder is not right.
    Back to topic: You have a very nice mod. Best luck from Germany.

I don't think you can speak for a whole forum Chris-TW. I agree that Radboud is correct and that Ecozone shouldn't have been stealing all your work, but the things you wrote on Strategis Zone have really annoyed me. First of all I dislike you speaking in English. I realize that you don't speak German, but I find it purely arrogant when posts in French are deleted on this website and then you speak English on a German website.
    Also, as pointed out by several German users you say Eco "stole" your mod, however as far as I know he "only" (bad enough) took a few models and symbols. I'm not saying that these aren't significant, but still you are making him look worse than he is by insisting that he stole your entire work. One of the things that annoys me most is a post in which someone from here points out that he needs YOUR permission to modify v0.53. That really has pissed me off. The current version is so unfinished, and as far as I know nobody from the KoRaH submod asked permission to use it as a base for their mod. Why is it different for Eco? Cause he's German? Cause he's not on TWC?
    Finally, I hate the way you have managed to escalate this situation. Of course you are angry about him using your stuff, I understand that, but was it really impossible to accept Eco's apology and find a good solution? No it wasn't! You acted immaturely by refusing to co-operate. I've already said that I hate the arrogant way you are using to deal with this situation and I'll give you another example: you consistently call Eco's work plagiarism and yet your entire mod is copied from a TV show that BOUGHT the right to make films about a book series. So you are plagiarising as well!
    I do think that you are correct, but your posts just seem plain arrogant to me. I realize that everyone will pick this post apart and maybe a moderator will even delete even though I don't think I've broken a rule but this just had to be said.
    Last edited by Fürst Frederic; April 01, 2013 at 05:32 AM.

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Fürst Frederic View Post
    I don't think you can speak for a whole forum Chris-TW. I agree that Radboud is correct and that Ecozone shouldn't have been stealing all your work, but the things you wrote on Strategis Zone have really annoyed me. First of all I dislike you speaking in English. I realize that you don't speak German, but I find it purely arrogant when posts in French are deleted on this website and then you speak English on a German website.
    Also, as pointed out by several German users you say Eco "stole" your mod, however as far as I know he "only" (bad enough) took a few models and symbols. I'm not saying that these aren't significant, but still you are making him look worse than he is by insisting that he stole your entire work. One of the things that annoys me most is a post in which someone from here points out that he needs YOUR permission to modify v0.53. That really has pissed me off. The current version is so unfinished, and as far as I know nobody from the KoRaH submod asked permission to use it as a base for their mod. Why is it different for Eco? Cause he's German? Cause he's not on TWC?
    Finally, I hate the way you have managed to escalate this situation. Of course you are angry about him using your stuff, I understand that, but was it really impossible to accept Eco's apology and find a good solution? No it wasn't! You acted immaturely by refusing to co-operate. I've already said that I hate the arrogant way you are using to deal with this situation and I'll give you another example: you consistently call Eco's work plagiarism and yet your entire mod is copied from a TV show that BOUGHT the right to make films about a book series. So you are plagiarising as well!
    I do think that you are correct, but your posts just seem plain arrogant to me. I realize that everyone will pick this post apart and maybe a moderator will even delete even though I don't think I've broken a rule but this just had to be said.
    My German is GCSE level, and at that, almost entirely forgotten, I know enough to realise that Google Translate was not working properly, hence the [possible] confusion over some of Eco's Statements. It got messy and I'd rather let people trust their own translation skills or resort to a dodgy software of their own volition than read some badly translated text. Besides, of all the germans I've talked to, they've had a very good knowledge of English. English is widely spoken, German is not, its not arrogance, it's basic maths.

Eco stole entire User Interfaces, all of our faction symbols, all of our Event Images, and our most recent Strat Map models. Worst of all, he then mixed it in with stuff of differing design to make an end project that looked like all plagiarisms: awful. He stole the majority of our work, and stole other submodder's work too.

I asked permission to mod 0.53. Did he? Did he ask permission to plagiarise our work in this thread?

I will clearly point out that this mod states that it is using HBO's imagery, we do not pass it off as our own. We may be in a grey area ourselves, but it's the same grey area Third Age: Total War has been living in for what, 4 years? Regardless, we are including work that is solely our own and Eco stole that too.

Oh and do not insinuate that I or anyone working on Westeros: Total War are racist.

The point I'm trying to make is that you treated the situation in an immature way, dissapointing lots of fans and you say your not arrogant, well here's a quote about a lawyer: (translated)"I see you don't know anything about modding mr lawyer so you had better stay out of our business like the moderator told you". That's just rude in an unnecessary way and yes it's also arrogant.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

That lawyer had no ****ing idea what he was talking about. He is a troll and the admin told him to stay out of this. He didn't improve the situation, just got on my nerves.

It wasn't arrogant, it wasn't immature. It was a logical response to an arrogant guy who thought that he knew everything better than I did while it was none of his business.

The point I'm trying to make is that you treated the situation in an immature way, dissapointing lots of fans and you say your not arrogant, well here's a quote about a lawyer: (translated)"I see you don't know anything about modding mr lawyer so you had better stay out of our business like the moderator told you". That's just rude in an unnecessary way and yes it's also arrogant.
    I will not answer for other people, that is not my quote, but I requested the mod to be taken down purely because there was no reasonable alternative, this is after all an art mod and if he had anything of worth in his version, it did not require our art to continue to work. Discipline had to be enforced and an example was made. I'm sorry to all the fans but it would be far better for everyone if language patches were made of mods such as the proper Westeros: Total War, not plagiarisms that are horrible mashups that are unfair to the modders who made the original work and to the fans who end up playing a horrible version.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    That lawyer had no ****ing idea what he was talking about. He is a troll and the admin told him to stay out of this. He didn't improve the situation, just got on my nerves.

It wasn't arrogant, it wasn't immature. It was a logical response to an arrogant guy who thought that he knew everything better than I did while it was none of his business.
    The lawyer was right none of us have a legal claim to a game of thrones, and yes of course it was rude.

The lawyer was right none of us have a legal claim to a game of thrones, and yes of course it was rude.
    But we do have a right to our own hard work which is what made his point invalid

P.S. Thanks to whoever Repped me

İ cant download the part 1 thing. İts says there is no mirror avaible. What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahsery View Post
    İ cant download the part 1 thing. İts says there is no mirror avaible. What to do?
    Use the link I posted in ModDB's comments, it's just below the Part 1 Download

Laetus

having trouble on startup, downloaded the youngbloods, then upgraded the 2.1 part one then part 2, copied the batch file to desktop and tried to run it but it said it couldnt find the disc, i downloaded the total war 2 gold edition with the four add ons from amazon last night. how do i remedy this situation inarus? any ideas?

Laetus

also updated to the 1.5 patch off the get go, did i need to delete anything after installing patch?

You copied the batch file to desktop or a shortcut of the batch file? Most likely your game is searching for an disk drive on your desktop Run it from inside the mod folder, see if the problem persists.

Icon11 Re: [SUBMOD] v2.1 Game of Thrones - 2.1 is here! Easy Install!

Now, i have a big probleme i downloaded this mod game of thorones for wsteros to make it more cool and when i try to play the game it's taking me to the menu, but when i try to play to campainign or costume battle it's crasesh and apares a note :
    Medieval 2:Total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit
    Please can you help me ?

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm really curious, where is this german website so I can see it to myself?

I think that the guy who stole it did something very wrong, but I agree with you that probably the WTW modders shouldn't have come off rude.

Quote Originally Posted by turkay98 View Post
    Now, i have a big probleme i downloaded this mod game of thorones for wsteros to make it more cool and when i try to play the game it's taking me to the menu, but when i try to play to campainign or costume battle it's crasesh and apares a note :
    Medieval 2:Total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit
    Please can you help me ?
    What version are you using, what did you install the mod over, did Westeros/Enhanced work before you installed this submod?

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    I'm really curious, where is this german website so I can see it to myself?

I think that the guy who stole it did something very wrong, but I agree with you that probably the WTW modders shouldn't have come off rude.
    http://www.strategie-zone.de/forum/v...1028&start=165

I don't think we came off as rude, merely the Germans are annoyed that a load of strangers invaded and shut down their mod so it comes down to namecalling.
    Last edited by Inarus; April 09, 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dear god, I couldn't understand a single word in german!

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    Dear god, I couldn't understand a single word in german!

You think that is bad, try comprehending Google Translate...