Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 59 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] v4.0 Game of Thrones - NEW UNIT MOD RELEASED!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] v2.1 Game of Thrones - 2.1 is here! Easy Install!

I'm really confused now haha. I think I may reinstall everything to make sure It's right. Just so I'm sure, it goes 1. Westeros 0.53 Enhanced 2. GOT part 1 3. GOT part 2 ? And where does Youngbloods come into it? Really appreciate your time, cheers.

DragonHeart1791's Avatar Laetus

Just Downloaded this Mod, Absolutely love it. Thank you for making this

What do I do with the young bloods files for this mod?

knight2's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks for this submod! Improves the atmosphere a lot!
    I have just one little issue. For some reason there os no music playing in the main menu. Any ideas how to solve this?

for some reason every time i click the game of thrones part 1 download and then click the download button it doesnt let me as it says i am unauthorised to use it.

link is dead

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Default Re: [SUBMOD] v2.1 Game of Thrones - 2.1 is here!

I will address this all very soon, sorry, been a complicated week.
    Last edited by Inarus; January 23, 2014 at 09:47 PM.

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Submod Preview: The Imagery of HBO's Game of Thrones

wheres the download?
    Last edited by Cleomenes III; January 26, 2014 at 04:00 AM.

Ego sum Attila flagellum Dei

Default Re: [SUBMOD] v2.1 Game of Thrones - 2.1 is here!

Problem with mods that are not standalone is a billion problems arising from installations gone wrong, and yet I persistently avoid standalone because 1.0 will make those a thing of the past. This update is no different, only I've changed how to install. GoT 3.0 got delayed so long I planned to release it with 1.0, but since a member has become bogged down in exam season I've decided to release this with various features, so here goes, good luck, enjoy, etc.

Features

~ 3 New Strat Models (Modelled on the 1.0 map so one is a tad oversized) ~
    ~ New Voices from Season 3 ~
    ~ Improved Voices for select characters ~
    ~ Loading Screens entirely redone from High Quality source ~
    ~ Redid a video (Videos now require a separate download, makes the main file itself nice and small) ~
    ~ Even More Quotes ~
    ~ Tweaked Dornish Strat City Models (Murf's Idea for 1.0 ) ~
    ~ New Cursors (I did not take 'em from CK2, honest ~

~ Soundtrack for Seasons 1-3 has been entirely redone and is now unique for Faction not Culture ~
    (Still, of course, requires your own copy of the music files)

Downloads and Installation Guides

Westeros 0.53 “Vanilla”

Download and Install Vanilla: Mod Page

Test that it Works!

Rename the Containing Folder as below to "GoT", if you don't know where it is, right click the Desktop Shortcut and select "Open File Location"

Install GoT 3.0: Moddb or Mega
    Ensure the Directory ends with "\mods\GoT", if it doesn't exist, you're not installing it correctly!

You should have a Desktop Shortcut for GoT (Crown as the Icon), but if not:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you want videos, these are now available in an optional download: Moddb or Mega
    (A menu one is pre-installed but is rather bland )

To Install the fmv download, open in WinRAR or similar software:

The Soundtrack is installed similarly, just extract into GoT, merging the Data folders and overwriting where necessary, if you don't merge, don't overwrite, you extracted to the wrong place.
    Download links and detailed instructions are available here: Post 2

Young Blood “Enhanced”

Download and Install Young Blood: Mod Page, use Dux's Large Link

Test that it Works!

Rename the Containing Folder as below to "GoT_Enhanced", if you don't know where it is, I'm confused because where did you Extract the Compressed Folder above to?

Install GoT 3.0 Enhanced: Moddb or Mega
    Ensure the Directory ends with "\mods\GoT_Enhanced", if it doesn't exist, you're not installing it correctly!

You should have a Desktop Shortcut for GoT (Crown as the Icon), but if not:

If you want videos, these are now available in an optional download: Moddb or Mega
    (A menu one is pre-installed but is rather bland )

To Install the fmv download, open in WinRAR or similar software:

The Soundtrack is installed similarly, just extract into GoT_Enhanced, merging the Data folders and overwriting where necessary, if you don't merge, don't overwrite, you extracted to the wrong place.
    Download links and detailed instructions are available here: Post 2
    Last edited by Inarus; January 25, 2014 at 08:32 PM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] v3.0 Game of Thrones

mate how do i go about installing the season 3 soundtrack?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterKillJoy View Post
    mate how do i go about installing the season 3 soundtrack?
    Downloads and Installation instructions are in Post Two, I think I linked it in the above post. It's the same process as installing Season 1 and 2's music, just continue the numbering.

ah ok. How about the directory itself. In the post, you said just extract to the mods folder directly, but then you say "
    Now browse to: ...\Medieval II TotalWar\mods\Westeros\data\sounds\music". I'm confused because 1. I thought that we were meant to install it it directly into the folder of the actual submod itself, not just the mod directory and 2. I thought the directory was "GoT_enhanced" since I'm using the young bloods version

Quote Originally Posted by MisterKillJoy View Post
    ah ok. How about the directory itself. In the post, you said just extract to the mods folder directly, but then you say "
    Now browse to: ...\Medieval II TotalWar\mods\Westeros\data\sounds\music". I'm confused because 1. I thought that we were meant to install it it directly into the folder of the actual submod itself, not just the mod directory and 2. I thought the directory was "GoT_enhanced" since I'm using the young bloods version
    Ah bugger, sorry, will have to fix that. Open your GoT/GoT_Enhanced folder, open the download, then drag the "data" folder from the download into the former folder, so data from the soundtrack download merges with the main mod's data folder. I hope that's clear, it's the same as installing the fmv folder as screenied in the 3.0 instructions above only you're merging data not fmv (If that's any clearer).

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    Ah bugger, sorry, will have to fix that. Open your GoT/GoT_Enhanced folder, open the download, then drag the "data" folder from the download into the former folder, so data from the soundtrack download merges with the main mod's data folder. I hope that's clear, it's the same as installing the fmv folder as screenied in the 3.0 instructions above only you're merging data not fmv (If that's any clearer).
    Cheers mate. I got it workin. Thanks heaps. Sad that I won't get to play it though til at least thursday cos I'm busy as hell, but I am excited

also, one other thing. The main menu is black with no picture as the background, and also no music playing. Also there is no music on the campaign map, only in the loading screens. Another thing is that I can't see any victory conditions in the faction window (don't know if it was because of this mod or the actual young bloods files itself). Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

Gameplay issues such as victory conditions are generally the fault of the base mod alas. As for the lack of a menu, I presume that video has been disabled in a config file, have you installed the fmv mod or not? If so do you get faction introductions (for Stark, Greyjoy, Lannister, Baratheon) or the King in the North video (pops up when you claim Kingship as Stark after a new turn).

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Cool! Downloading right now!!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    Gameplay issues such as victory conditions are generally the fault of the base mod alas. As for the lack of a menu, I presume that video has been disabled in a config file, have you installed the fmv mod or not? If so do you get faction introductions (for Stark, Greyjoy, Lannister, Baratheon) or the King in the North video (pops up when you claim Kingship as Stark after a new turn).
    Yep I did install the fmv file. I'm not sure what the faction intros are meant to be like, all I get when I start a campaign is the video with actual clips from the tv show (so like scenes that show what set off the war and such). I presume the faction intros are actually meant to portray voiceovers from leaders of each faction?

That's what the faction intros are like

Do you get a menu video in vanilla M2TW? and have you tried one of the other two menu videos in \data\fmv\menu\ ? (There's a text file explaining how to change each one)

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Here comes some feedback!

First of the new faction colours looks great, especially Stark's! Voices are also epic however I was looking forward to some Ramsay Snow.. "If you think this has a happy ending, you have not been paying atrention"

Some portraits that would be cool to have that I missed:
    Martyn & Willem Lannister
    Amory Lorch
    Black Walder?
    Maybe some of the noble ladies

Also, is Casterly Rock and Sunspear the only settlements that you have moved from the original locations? I think they are generating CTD's if you try and load a hotseat save started in YB. No worries for me since I have dual istallations.

And the new strat-map settlements looks great! Kings Landing especially!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 59 ... LastLast