Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inter-House "Marriages"....

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

Default Inter-House "Marriages"....

I dont think this should go in the Prothalmos, atleast not yet, but this was an idea of mine that spawned when the First House Of Caesars was created. We all love our individual " houses" that we are apart of. Every House of TWC has had amazing people come from them, some houses more than others.

With the Coming of MTWII, the Curia will undoubtly change. Though I love Graeco-Roman themes and history, I know the majority of the site will switch to Medieval for it's theme. Yet, this idea of mine is also appealing to the Romanophiles (myself :p ).

What if, two Civitates could patronise one member? That Member would be a link between two houses (If the Two civitates were of different origins). Now, the question has to be asked, what house would he belong to? I am unsure of that, but he could choose one over the other, if he so wished. Also, if he had a good understanding of the House & Curia, he could theoretically start his own house. I think people see the potential and fun roleplay aspect of this.

Although this seems odd, a move away from the old houses, that has already happened. The House of Caesar is the new figment of Manji's House, but it is not truly his, a conglomerant it is. This new "marriage" issue could help unite & strengthen the houses, break down and finally forget what old political power the houses had.

In Ancient Rome and Greece, inter-family marriages were extremely important. An example of this is Lucius Calpurnius Piso Frugi Licinianus, his Blood had the Piso & Licinii in him, a descendant of Crassus. Trajan & Tiberius also had generals I believe that could claim descent from Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus & Marcus Licinius Crassus. The list could go on forever, but I think you see my point.

In Medieval Europe, this same thing happened. Every remaining Noble family in Europe today is related, through hundreds of years of nobility intermarrying. The Great Grandmother of Tsarevich Alexander of Russia (The one with Hemophilia) was Queen Victoria.

So, i was wondering what peoples thoughts & Idea's were on this; interesting subject?

Oh yes, I forgot. If people think it could be too disorganized, I would personally volunteer to keep track of these "splinters".
    Last edited by PyrrhusIV; May 02, 2006 at 06:50 PM.

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Default Re: Inter-House "Marriages"....

such a good idea its almost like I helped think of it

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Slimshoom's Avatar Civitate

sounds like a good idea, i would definitely support it if it came to a vote...
    Under the Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus
    Grandson of the Black Prince

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Hard to say looks hard to create, but it looks fun. :original:
    Under the Great and Honorable Patronage of Fabolous
    Patron (father) of Sir Matthias and ForgottenImmortal
    Grandson of Lucius Veronus
    Member of S.I.N
    Sept 2003 - 2004 - 2nd Generation Jun 23 2004 (25-Feb)

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Hmmm, could be good. I've had my eye on Rahl for a while now.

Final Frontier's Avatar Just roaming around

Seems like an interesting idea, I'm for it.

Happiness is a warm gun... | "Only a life lived for others is worthwhile." -Albert Einstein
    Bang bang, shoot shoot...19| Under the patronage of therussian
    | "I couldn't resist."

Well this might be a good idea, not for the interhouse patronizing.

Now Rahl and Hicks could patronize me, just like they wanted.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Will these be hetero- or homo- sexual marriages?

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

Can I be the first to say "No" to this proposal? It seems over complicated, first, and, second, with no clear target other that "fun". "Fun" is all good and... fun, but in good measure. And good measure this is not...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl
    Homosexual marriages, duh. The only other female is a lesbian.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Like the idea. I always considered the "houses" as something of value in how the TWC hierarchy presents itself. I guess it's been a tradition more than anything, but one worth keeping. If it's perceived as being restrictive and unnecessarily divisive, then I'm all for modifying the tradition rather than getting rid of it alltogether.

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl
    Wel.... both, but we do only have two female civitates which I know of (and both are in my House too...) meaning unless we go in for polygamy then the vast majority will be homosexual.

Its a wierd idea, could be very fun and interesting to play around with and so on, but it could also be disastrous if you didn't keep track, Pyr...

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Squeakus Maximus
    Wel.... both, but we do only have two female civitates which I know of (and both are in my House too...) meaning unless we go in for polygamy then the vast majority will be homosexual.

Its a wierd idea, could be very fun and interesting to play around with and so on, but it could also be disastrous if you didn't keep track, Pyr...

I see a devious plot conceived with the only purpose to dupe Lord_Rahl and Hicks into accepting the necessity of homosexual weddings.
    Shame on you SM!

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    I see a devious plot conceived with the only purpose to dupe Lord_Rahl and Hicks into accepting the necessity of homosexual weddings.
    Shame on you SM!
    Not my fault, not my fault... blame the Pyr, his idea! All I'm doing is making the facts clear to everyone... [yes, the fact they help my agenda is just a periferal benefit]

I dont like the idea of Two people Patronising one person, that would have to go into the Syntagme. There should be another way to unite the families. House of Caesars did no such thing, Justinian cut all bonds of Patronage and joined us, we have no link to any other house, yet. It would make things interesting, but personally I'd like to see the house system expand and become something (what I dont know) and provide something else to do in the Curia.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

It sounds ok....

However, for heavens sake don't call it marriage.

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Yes, call it a Civil Union!

Patrician

No, call it marriage! It has the same rights as one

Hmm, Well It would be nice to see the other houses doing things, as for ours, We are fine with our own Systems. But who knows what may come in the future. As long as another house doesnt claim to have any rights and powers over ours when a lower civitates in our clan gets "married" then its fine by me. Just as long as everyone knows that with Justinian forming a house with us, doesnt mean his old ones has any ties with ours and that there are only 4 people in this house, acting as one, who say wether the house Of Caesars is "allied" with another. Maybe after we perfect the Family tree and I get my own plans sorted, we can discuss.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

Well, the point wasnt to actually stress sexual orientation, but a united bond.

Like the idea. I always considered the "houses" as something of value in how the TWC hierarchy presents itself. I guess it's been a tradition more than anything, but one worth keeping. If it's perceived as being restrictive and unnecessarily divisive, then I'm all for modifying the tradition rather than getting rid of it alltogether.
    Exactly.

I would keep track, as long as I found out or was notified of various Inter-house "marriages".

It sounds ok....

However, for heavens sake don't call it marriage.
    Wheres the LOVE :p . well, notice I said Inter-House "marriage", just an easy way to make the point across in simpler, broader terms. :original:

As long as another house doesnt claim to have any rights and powers over ours when a lower civitates in our clan gets "married" then its fine by me.
    Of course! We dont want the Thirty years war

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast