Thread: rtr platinum

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

Default rtr platinum

ok i cant follow here with the different final versions...

basically what is the difference between gold and platinum?

what are the major changes or which part of the game have been changed, at least??

Default Re: rtr platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlerich
    ok i cant follow here with the different final versions...

basically what is the difference between gold and platinum?

what are the major changes or which part of the game have been changed, at least??
    Platinum is for 1.5 version.
    Gold is for 1.2...
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Yeah and theier links to downloads can be found at RTRs site

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

This is the story behind RTR Platinum.

As we all know RTR 6.0 Gold is the last official RTR mod for RTW 1.2, which by this exact time the RTR developers are currently in high gear regarding the developement of the next RTR installment which is base on BI 1.6 engine (RTR 7.0).

When the RTW patched was upgraded to 1.5 (with BI 1.6) many fans of the RTR mod appealed to the RTR devs to upgraded the RTR Gold into the latest RTW patch, but since they are already in the production of RTR 7.0, they feels and rightly so that the process of converting RTR Gold to RTW 1.5 is a waste of time and will only slows the developement of RTR 7.0, but however they didn't stop anyone from trying to port the current RTR Gold to RTW 1.5.

With this blessing from the devs themselves, some of us hard-core RTR players tried to take this task, alone usually and with minimal success. However, once 2 or 3 fans gathers together and resource and knowledge were combined, we're finally were able to produce a workable and playable conversion, which is name Platinum (an upgrade of Gold).

This is not entirely the work of 2 or 3 persons but the basically many of RTR players in the rtr forum and no one can claim that it is their work alone, as officially the RTR developers still hold the rights to RTR Gold, and to the RTR Platinum which is base on RTR Gold.

So, basically RTR Platinum is not a new mod. All the maps, units, faction etc are the same exact copy of RTR Gold. We only added certain RTW features like night battles etc as a form of bonus for the players.

That basically sums it up.

Note, however that RTR Platinum is never ever claim as an official product of RTR devs, though we had many help in form of advice, suggestions and tips during the conversion project. All that is good comes from them, while all errs are from us.

Cheers.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

k_raso's Avatar Biarchus

O... Oh!!!!

So there IS a 1.5 version of RTR????

That means that the AI is finally improved!!!!

I`m uninstalling at once the other mods, and installing RTR Platinum.

That means... oh my god, that means that now it`s possible to install Darth Formations 12.0 on RTR...

Thank you so much!!!!!!

EDIT: I`m sorry, where do you download it from??? It`s not on the RTR downloads page...
    Last edited by k_raso; May 07, 2006 at 03:30 PM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by k_raso
    O... Oh!!!!

So there IS a 1.5 version of RTR????

That means that the AI is finally improved!!!!

I`m uninstalling at once the other mods, and installing RTR Platinum.

That means... oh my god, that means that now it`s possible to install Darth Formations 12.0 on RTR...

Thank you so much!!!!!!

EDIT: I`m sorry, where do you download it from??? It`s not on the RTR downloads page...
    Currently it is Darth Formation v13.0 There's a special RTR darth formation created by the master himself, downloadable at RTR Platinum forum.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

RTR Platinum Forum. I still need to post the Final Beta :\ But the 1.0 Beta with the 1.2 and 1.3 patches, as well as Marcus Camillus' latest zip file of fixes will pretty much get you up to speed.

It really is a nice work

Moved to RTR Platinum sub-forum.