Thread: Problem placing 1 settlement

Default Problem placing 1 settlement

Hi! I'm developing a map trying to re-create as accurate as possible some landscapes around the world (classical world) and right now i'm trying to place Alexandria following some inspiration based on the map of EB.

Now, i'm having a problem while trying to place Alexandria like EB did, something like this (my own work based on EB's map):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My result -what i want to acomplish) would be something like this:

But all i've been able to get is this:

In my example (with that position the campaign loads ok) Alexandria doesn't touch water at all.

However, somehow everytime that settlement touches water (even by 1 pixel) it sends me an error, saying that it can't place a settlement in that region, calling it "Numidia". I've read some guides about errors, including this one, the strange thing is that i can place settlements like this:

those, as you can see DO touch water, but with Alexandria it's just impossible. Any idea how to fix it?

BTW, altough my images doesn't show it, my first attempts to re-create the city were with a 1 pixel width "land strip" in the regions file.
    Last edited by El Santo Padre; November 24, 2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: more info

Default Re: Problem placing 1 settlement

How is the lighthouse positioned by the game? Can it have something to do with that? Also.. why not try to reduce the hight of the pixels on the coast line? I remember having some crazy effects but stable maps, when messing with map_heights...

Just brainstorming. I'm not a mapper, but have messed up with maps in the past

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Can you post the error/system log, is it a CTD or KTM btw?

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Can you post the error/system log, is it a CTD or KTM btw?
    Haha sorry, i forgot to post my solution. Turns out all i needed was to use "corrected_regions.tga" to correctly place my settlement, since in my original location (when corrected) was located in the ocean.