Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alexander submod v2

Steli-os's Avatar Libertus

Default Alexander submod v2

Alexander v2 is a better version of Alexander submod. There are some improvements including a new faction ( Kingdom of Epirus instead od Thebes which didn't even excisted at that time ) and 10 new cities. I removed the north cities from vicus fennicae to wusun and made them a unified region( Steppes ). This way no faction will go there(there was nothing there,only some tribes!! Alexander the Great didn't even bother to go north) and there is more room for new regions. The new cities are Militos,Apollonia(Epirus),Aiges(Macedonia),Messene(Peloponessos),Chersonessos(Taurica),Olynthos,Acragantas,Himera,Callipolis,Neapolis(last two in Italy)

As the first release, the mod takes place at 323 B.C. , just before Alexander's death. Alexander is alive and he sets of for his new campaign in Arabia. Meanwhile Pontus, Armenia and the Dahae are looking for a place to expand their territories and Athens and Sparta are once again rebelling against Macedon rule. Plus The Kingdom Of Epirus seems to have become dangerous because of Alexander's absense.

A 4 turns per year script is added. It must be activated every time after loading or starting a campaign. To activate press the "escape" button then left click on the questionmark and then left click on the "show me how".

This mod features 8 Greek factions: Macedon, Sparta, Athens, The Kingdom of Epirus, Syracusans, Tarentum, Massilia and The Bosporian Kingdom. Each faction has some new unique units.

"city’s colony" is available for Spartans and Athenians only. Spartans can train their “homoioi hoplites” elsewhere than Sparta and Athens can train Pentakosiomedimnoi Hoplites…The building also gives some bonuses to each faction and takes 16 turns to be built (4 years to turn the city into their own colony). This building can be built at city's level "large".

Also grain exports are now available to be built, if there are no grain imports in the city, at level “huge city” (if grain imports exist, it can easily be destroyed)- it also requires some other buildings such as "great estates" ( Greeks can now build this one too ).

Three new factions are added to the game (besides the Greek factions mentioned above ): Celtic tribes, the Dahae and Persian Empire. Persian Empire is not a playable factions (it was destroyed by that time ) and is only mentioned in the beginning of the imperial campaign as a destroyed faction.

Some other info:

-All units start with one hit point ( except some highly trained units )
    -Almost every unit got re-balanced( stats & cost )
    -Buildings take much less to be built (the cost remains high or even higher than before). I did that because I see most upgrades as an expansion of the previous building ( for example: Barracks- 1 turn, Militia Barracks-1 turn, City Barracks-1 turn, Army Barracks-1 turn, City Barracks-2 turns… Total 6 turns to be built-3 years. I think this amount of time would be more than enough. The same goes for most buildings-not all. )
    -Some factions are rebalanced (mostly economically).
    -Rebels are VERY strong, so AI will not expand very fast
    -The game ends at 107 B.C the date of the Marian Reforms, so Rome doesn't have any of the post Marian Reforms units. Still there are some reforms for other factions ( for example Greeks, besides Macedon, get phalanxes )

There may be some others...

There Must be the original XGM installed and its good to have the original rome files unmodded.

Also, I didn’t aim for total historical accuracy, so excuse me for any mistakes in this section.
    I hope everyone enjoys it, have fun!

The mod runs with these preferences(no problems occur with any other configurations) and it runs with rtw.exe.
    Extended Greek Mod version 5.9.10
    Use BI: No
    Use Alex: No
    Use Steam: No
    Enable Fatigue: Yes
    Faster Movement: Yes
    Land Bridges: Yes
    Minimal Borders: No
    No Red Line: No
    Prometheus Cities: No
    Reduce AI Bonuses: Yes
    One Hitpoint System: No
    Enable Loyalty: No

Here is the starting map:
    map.jpg

The final release is here! Bugs fixed and the game play is improved(Unit size, cost, training time for some units & new scripts). New garrison scripts are added, not only against the human player but against the AI itself! It only requires the player to click on the advisor when popped. It will over write the previous version (Alex2) but will not affect saved games (which you can continue playing). That's all I think. Enjoy!

Download link(including rof submod for xgm) : https://mega.co.nz/#!TB5gWSTR!coEwMW...0H2ckMA8yfceQo
    It seems that there is a problem while trying to download this using Mozilla Firefox. You shoud try Google Chrome.
    Last edited by Steli-os; November 05, 2014 at 04:51 AM.
    We make war that we may live in peace

Default Re: Alexander submod v2

τέλειο μάγκα!
    "War is the mother of everything."
    -Heraclitus, Greek philosopher (535-475BC)

Ευχαριστώ! Περιμένω εντυπώσεις!

Unfortunately there was a problem with a unit.Look at the first post.

is ths mod supposed to be downloaded into the xgm mod folder or seperately??

it's downloaded separately.it creates a new folder.

The final release is here! Look at the first post!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Any way you could make it o its like a provincial campaign or is this not possible.

This was my first thought, but I changed too many things(even the map), so it's not possible. It's like a new game based (entirely) on XGM.

Anyone tried it so far?

Is this a mod-folder mod? I tried to install but it copyed files into my RTW data file? Anyway, since I have the Steam version I verified integrity of the game cache and replaced the copied over files back to original.

Do I need to create a new folder in my main RTW folder something like xgm_alex or do I install this mod directly into my existing xgm folder which runs through the Alexander exe.
    Last edited by gijas; December 29, 2011 at 09:42 AM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Its a submod for xgm that overwrits files, just overwrite the files in the xgm folder with his.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Its a submod for xgm that overwrits files, just overwrite the files in the xgm folder with his.
    Thanks. I have my xgm mod running through Alexander but Alexander submod only runs through the original Rome Total War?

1)The set up creates a new folder.You don't have to overwrite the files.You said it copyed files into your RTW data file?It creates a new folder like xgm does,at least for me!If it does as you said to you, create a folder "alex2" and put those files there.
    2)Τhis submod can be played even if xgm is installed to run with BI or Alex. You only have to change the directory of the short cut to something like that "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:Alex ("RomeTW.exe" instead of "RomeTW-ALX.exe" or "RomeTW-BI.exe") - In theory you can play this sub mod with the alex.exe, if you only copy the chat_filter.san from alexander.You can try that too.
    I hope that helped you.

Tiro

Sry for the necrophilia, but i really gotta ask for a reuplink to this sub mod! It looks too good to pass up!

The rapidshare link seems to be working. Have fun!

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Steli-os View Post
    The rapidshare link seems to be working. Have fun!
    If it were that easy i wouldnt have posted :p

I get:
    Download not available
    Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)

I think now it's ok.There were some changes in rapidshare

Tiro

thx it works great!

how to install it ? I've installed it to the main folder and well,dont see anything.
    help ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast