Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War 6.0 Release

Default Re: Amazon: Total War 6.0 Release

Thanks for keeping this mod alive. Pleas keep working on the mod i'm having a blast playing it.

You are welcome! And thank you for your kind words.

Feel free to sending requests for feature changes and/or enhancement.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 22, 2012 at 08:49 PM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Laetus

Icon10 Re: Amazon: Total War 6.0 Release

Dang, nice work. It is crazy to see a mod that is getting this much work done so fast.:thumbsup

Are you like...robots?

6.0G is now available for download, the download link is at the OP.

Have Fun!
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Is it possible to use the RS2 graphics for the vanilla? or do you have to change the maps also?

Quote Originally Posted by tianzong View Post
    Is it possible to use the RS2 graphics for the vanilla? or do you have to change the maps also?
    You can go either way, there are some great information on RSII at RSII forum and the RTW workshop.

BTW, the AmazonTW map is considered 85% vanilla.

Combined with 512x512 skin files, the RSII basically make RTW mod more like MTW2 mods.

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If I want to install the new version, I get a ctd because of the desc_formations_ai. The error message was: Didnīt recognice faction type: empire_west.
    I then checked the installation order - you have not included this file. Can you send that file?

It seems that you installed that mod folder in the incorrect directory, or your vanilla RTW/BI has something else installed.

You don't need the "empire_west" faction and having that message indicates your installation is not done properly.

Make sure that you have plain vanilla RTW/BI and then copy the AmazonTW folder to the same level as BI and data, so you file structure looks like this:

(your RTW path)\data <-- the original RTW data folder
    (your RTW path)\BI
    (your RTW path)\AmazonTW-Reignited

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Moon View Post
    If I want to install the new version, I get a ctd because of the desc_formations_ai. The error message was: Didnīt recognice faction type: empire_west.
    I then checked the installation order - you have not included this file. Can you send that file?

Unit card missing as seen below we've got the peasant.

Thanks Mark, What revision of mod are you running ?

Mark,

We don't seem to be able to replicate your problem. The Armenic heavy Cavalry armed with Plumbata seems to work fine with the latest download.

I picked the one from the 1st posted. It's version:
    AmazonTW-Reignited_rev6_0G

Just go for custom battles and pick the Armenic side you should see the bug then in the selection screen.

Thanks, will try it out.

Mark,

Tested it on 6.0G, the icon is showing fine.

I'll re-check it then.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

go to data/ui/units/armenia and look for armenic heavy cavalry. if the .tga file isnt there thats why it isn't showing, if it is there something is wrong.

edit: if you didn't know this, clicking on the .tga file will open it in adobe photoshop in which you can view it and look for the proper .tga if your not sure which one is which. (this only works if you have adobe or another application like it.)
    Last edited by z3n; February 29, 2012 at 01:29 PM.

Great Explanation! Resef

Yeah thanks Resef... can't check that at the monet since I'm not at home. But previously I downloaded from 1st post the 6.0G version and like in screenie

The icon isn't show up... besides there is another option the icon (tga) can have another name and thus is not loaded by the mod or renamed in the code whatever you know what I mean still it's not showing up in the interface.

Maybe you've uploaded another version that you have at the moment at your PC parthia? That would explain on your end the icon shows up.

Someone else having this besides me? I haven't changed anything I'd like to add just downloaded and moved to rtw game folder and started up the game.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

I broke my game again experimenting with the voice packs that the europa barbaroum voice actor released to the public. can't tell you if it shows as a peasant in my game or not. when I install it again I'll look.

I think you have photoshop (from what you said in your post) so you could create a unit card yourself it should be 48 x 64 use the unit in a Custom Battle and sc's of it with fraps. try using -movie_cam command line switch it helps in taking a good screenshot or you could do it live and hope for the best. Crop the screenshot to the 48 x 64 pixels and use the magic wand tool edit out the background into transparency.

for transparency create a new Raster Layer. pick a name, any name. do normal blend mode, opacity 100, group 0, layer visible, transparency unlocked. finally do mask enabled and lock it in mask. save it in alpha channel or you lose it. the preview should make the background black and the unit outlined in white..if it doesn't use a tool I forget which to swap it.

what I wrote is rushed like usual and I hope you understand it if you do try it. if you don't and you want to do it try using this live tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF8llkWDfO4.

and thank you parthian shot.
    Last edited by z3n; March 01, 2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: ~added my thanks

Another possibility is that the erro can be caused by a corrupted download session.

I did not check the placement of the icon file, but if it is at the end of the zip file and the download is not fully completed, you would ended up with missing icon, or who knows what else.